1. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Don´t worry, the YMCA will take good care of you!:creep:
    https://tirol.orf.at/stories/3086491/
    Oh boy...
    Now we got the South Africa virus strain in Austria, thanks to some tourists in Tyrol.

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 Try to Live in here and now.

Austria
    .....and I made a Joke about the "Danish Mutation" for Easter last Week. laughing.gif

shamzie and Deleted User like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Highly intelligent post from someone who can't comprehend that the deleted posts contain the context.

Could it be that I - someone who is part German - have some observations about German people?

4. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Official Psychonaut

Korea, North
    Now give them a "shower"

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  5. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Anyone who questions if this is real or not should go to jail

6. aadz93

Korea, North

You know In germany you can be imprisoned for simply doing the nazi salute in public

That or you'll get your ass kicked, probably both

7. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Did you just suggest these people should be gased? ("Shower comment")

Also yes, doing the Nazi salut in public in those countries gets you into trouble, because of laws that are in place to prevent certain 'rites' to get traction again.

They/We (as nations) had a bunch of national pride, and resentment suffered attached to those kind of symbols, which after the war where 'shunned' and not publicly spoken about (social shunning, under risk of reprisal), which had a whole generation face what had been done in silence and suppressed anger.

So glorifying those symbols - lands with another sensibility as in 'Nazis are the bad guys - we saw it in Indie 1 and 3). Symbolism was so charged, you couldnt reframe it, so you had to forbid it.

Has nothing to do with the topic on hand. Has nothing to do with the 'german character' (this is the third racist trope that has been used in this thread), had to do with people strongly identifying with that symbolism as 'nationalistic' and 'history', and an atmosphere full of resentment, after they were shunned and had take reprisals for holding those 'believes' (during the war).

With every new generation less so - but, lets face it - another fashist revival out of germany wouldnt go over well internationally OR with people still living.

So while in Japan you have the wierdo outsider brigade of loners import memorabilia to seem 'edgy' (in a society, thats very nationalistic in their own right), in Germany the whole thing - has much more mainstream pull (or had for some years), to be 'edgy' or 'counterculture' - because it was a source of (missplaced) national pride for at least half of the population.

File it as another example of US (?) people being obsessed about this stuff more so than than actual germans (current generations). And giving it more credence and using it as an explanation, where no sane german (current generations) would.

Last edited by notimp, Jan 25, 2021
  8. aadz93

Korea, North

One I'm half German, however I do live in the usa, it was a bit of satire, though Germans still generally don't take wwii satire well, because of obvious reasons

I know all about the german pov trust me I was educated on it

germany still does have issues with neo Nazis, just watched a documentary about Jamel and the NPD party, they don't hold any power however

Last edited by aadz93, Jan 25, 2021
  9. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    If you are half german, careful with the gassing people in showers satire...

aadz93 likes this.
  10. aadz93

Korea, North
    Starting to sound like my mother

Nazi satire is common in the english speaking world, do I believe all germans act like this, no I do have common sense

Screenshot_20210125-132438.png

Last edited by aadz93, Jan 25, 2021
  11. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Yeah, but he’s making fun of them, meaning he’s joking

12. mive

mive GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    That would be great!

unfortunately, you only would go to prison if you do that on regular basis or in a severe case (stgb §86/86a)

Scott_pilgrim, aadz93 and notimp like this.
  13. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    In what way is he making fun of them?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - quarantine, detention, breakers