WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SifJar said:
you can't post that link here i'm afraid. gbatemp doesn't like the keys.

Whats the problem with the keys anyway? They're just a bunch of numbers. Even Team Twiizers posted the common key of the Wii on their hackmii blog...

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
SifJar said:
you can't post that link here i'm afraid. gbatemp doesn't like the keys.

Whats the problem with the keys anyway? They're just a bunch of numbers. Even Team Twiizers posted the common key of the Wii on their hackmii blog...

It's just a precaution, it's not that hard to google anyways. I like gbatemp here so i don't mind them being safe.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to agree with what someone else posted earlier though, the way Geohot's behaving, if people go along with it, isolates the homebrew environment into something that he can control, Geohot verified homebrew for Geohot verified CFW.
I don't like that at all, homebrew is a collaborative free endeavour, not something for Geohot to moderate like this.

With many people capable of making their own CFW, what Geohot will be doing is creating a compatibility split amongst homebrewers.
What about Kakaroto's homebrew only firmware? What about another potential CFW that allows piracy? Should they not be running Geohot's signed homebrew?
That might be what he thinks, with his anti-piracy stance.

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
I have to agree with what someone else posted earlier though, the way Geohot's behaving, if people go along with it, isolates the homebrew environment into something that he can control, Geohot verified homebrew for Geohot verified CFW.
I don't like that at all, homebrew is a collaborative free endeavour, not something for Geohot to moderate like this.

With many people capable of making their own CFW, what Geohot will be doing is creating a compatibility split amongst homebrewers.
What about Kakaroto's homebrew only firmware? What about another potential CFW that allows piracy? Should they not be running Geohot's signed homebrew?

I agree with you totally, I'm just excited for something of this development! I'm all for universal homebrew, and I for one don't want a GeoHot CFW only thing either

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:

"GeoHot signed" PKGs should install on any PS3 with CFW. They should pass all the checks of OFW, they just need the Install PKG Files option given by a CFW. GeoHot's CFW by my understanding does essentially the same thing as KaKaRoTo's, but instead of being a full update, is installed as a small "patch" -like update.

WiiBricker said:
QUOTE(SifJar @ Jan 9 2011, 08:29 PM) you can't post that link here i'm afraid. gbatemp doesn't like the keys.

Nothing, but hey, its up to the admin staff here.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
"GeoHot signed" PKGs should install on any PS3 with CFW. They should pass all the checks of OFW, they just need the Install PKG Files option given by a CFW. GeoHot's CFW by my understanding does essentially the same thing as KaKaRoTo's, but instead of being a full update, is installed as a small "patch" -like update.
Is that so? Sounds a lot more convenient.
Still worried about Geohot's homebrew signing tools not working on all CFW, but it's already possible for someone to test that .pkg PNGviewer that Geohot published on Kakaroto's CFW.
Someone? Go do that.

connor_walsh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A signed sness9x has been released
smile.gif

Edit: also a FTP server but it only installs.

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
connor_walsh said:
some more – Running On Firmware 3.55:
Comgenies Awesome Filemanager
BlackB0x FTP Server
Mednafen Emulator

are we aloud to give links for homebrew on gbatemp???
if so can I have one for FTP Server 3.55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1