GeoHot Raps Against Sony

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
Most of you have no idea or simply wont accept that this dude is a big deal. Laws were changed because of his work, and it's gonna happen again soon. In a couple years law schools will be teaching about this guy. I think it's great he's throwing it in Sony's face. And he's gonna win that dumbass rap contest to. Geo is just marking his spot in history.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
Joke aside, I hope he wins because for the sake of the homebrew community, otherwise other companies will start taking action against homebrew and freedom of the devices =/
couldn't agree more

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
NahuelDS said:
heartgold said:
Joke aside, I hope he wins because for the sake of the homebrew community, otherwise other companies will start taking action against homebrew and freedom of the devices =/
couldn't agree more
Nothing new.... You think they waited until now to restrain your rights ? If this selfish loser fails we all lose ? As said by Mitch Kapor "The question of copyright promises to be the Vietnam of the Net"... Don't expect an easy victory !

edit; sorry kids I'm upset having myself an hot ego...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
purplesludge said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Nintendo have Mario, Sega has Sonic; I think he was getting at the fact that Sony don't seem to have a character you can immediately associate them with that's synonymous with their image. Not quite the same as having recognisable franchises.
Didn't use to be crash bandicoot? I remember stuffed crust pizza hut commericals with him.
Well, if they considered him their mascot that's up to them. Certainly in Nintendo's case, Mario is exclusively on Nintendo consoles, so I might have expected something similar of Sony (though Sonic appears on non-Sega consoles, but to be fair they don't make them anymore).

I'm not sure how him being in Pizza Hut commercials would have been any indication though...

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
purplesludge said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Nintendo have Mario, Sega has Sonic; I think he was getting at the fact that Sony don't seem to have a character you can immediately associate them with that's synonymous with their image. Not quite the same as having recognisable franchises.
Didn't use to be crash bandicoot? I remember stuffed crust pizza hut commericals with him.

Well, if they considered him their mascot that's up to them. Certainly in Nintendo's case, Mario is exclusively on Nintendo consoles, so I might have expected something similar of Sony (though Sonic appears on non-Sega consoles, but to be fair they don't make them anymore).

I'm not sure how him being in Pizza Hut commercials would have been any indication though...
Well in the commercial he was advertising playstation. Crash was an exclusive until 2001 with Crash Bandicoot: the Wrath of Cortex.
And finally wikipedia
Crash was created by Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin, and was originally designed by Charles Zembillas. Crash was intended to be a mascot character for Sony to use to compete against Nintendo's Mario and Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog. Crash has drawn comparisons to Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog by reviewers. His animations have been praised, and his voice has been criticized, while his redesign in the Radical Entertainment games has drawn mixed reactions.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a little iffy on Sony's whole rampage against Geohot and other hackers, but now it's decided.

Sue the crap out of him. Every penny he owns, gone. The guy is an egotistical prick.

I await Kevin Butler's much better rap-sponse.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I was a little iffy on Sony's whole rampage against Geohot and other hackers, but now it's decided.

Sue the crap out of him. Every penny he owns, gone. The guy is an egotistical prick.

Not harsh at all...
mellow.gif
laugh.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Ah, my life would simply be complete!

Well, any doubt I had in my mind that this whole Sony Jailbreak scenario was a silly joke is now gone. Though I still can't help but keep following the news!
ohnoes.png

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

U mad brah?
nayps3.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot of you who have responded (or not) think that Geohot is a dick/bitch/etc. but do you have the balls to face a fine of hundreds of thousands if not millions and a prison sentence for such a cause as being able to run homebrew on some devices? I don't think you do... This rap video may seem egotistical but he is actually standing up for every user's right to have Fair Use on their device (under the DMCA laws). He is striking back at Sony to show them he is not afraid of their suit. This shows a shitload of balls on his part for every user's gain! I hope he succeeds in staving off this lawsuit since it will be a precedence either way it goes.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Brilliant logic! He's "egotistical", so he deserves to be crushed into dust by the tyrannical and borderline PATRIOT Act-like interests of a multinational corporation. Your argument can be summed up thus: In the words of James Rolfe, "What a shitload of fuck."

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

BREAKING NEWS; Studies have shown that being egotistical means you deserve to be sued into poverty by a major corporation!

In other news Guild McCommunist has obviously never been homeless and thus doesn't know the extent of what he's saying and should be disregarded.

Now back to Tom with the weather.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
Guild McCommunist said:

BREAKING NEWS; Studies have shown that being egotistical means you deserve to be sued into poverty by a major corporation!

In other news Guild McCommunist has obviously never been homeless and thus doesn't know the extent of what he's saying and should be disregarded.

Now back to Tom with the weather.

Gawd, I wish my name was Tom. I'd totally give the best fucking weather report ever now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither