Homebrew RELEASE Gen7.1 Engine Free Edition: Visual Programming for Switch, Wii and Windows - New features+free

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nice work ! Dont give up ! Btw if i make a game with this engine can i export the switch executable (like a nsp file) and run on my switch with SX OS ?

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks! :) I am very happy that you appreciate the project. Gen7 Engine is for now only 2D. Since 3D support would need a lot of work that would involve 3rd-party contributions etc, that corresponds to the $900 Patreon goal. But we're far so I don't think it will be done someday...
I believe that if you will achieve it if you increase a bit the personal marketing that you do ... at the end of the day it is more profitable than the SDK, even if it does not have a commercial purpose.

But who knows ... could you sell Play echos on this for Nintendo Switch?

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nice work ! Dont give up ! Btw if i make a game with this engine can i export the switch executable (like a nsp file) and run on my switch with SX OS ?

Thanks a lot for your support, that's very encouraging. I actually don't know if there's the homebrew browser under SX OS, but it works under ReiNX, and normally Atmosphere too.

I believe that if you will achieve it if you increase a bit the personal marketing that you do ... at the end of the day it is more profitable than the SDK, even if it does not have a commercial purpose.

But who knows ... could you sell Play echos on this for Nintendo Switch?

Interesting thinking! What you would advise in details, to help achieve that goal? I am always open and very interested in opinions.

This is awesome - are there any plans for a N3DS/3DS version?
Thanks! To be honest, I don't know.
It depends of the Patreon support over time.

D

Deleted-481927

Thanks a lot for your support, that's very encouraging. I actually don't know if there's the homebrew browser under SX OS, but it works under ReiNX, and normally Atmosphere too.

Interesting thinking! What you would advise in details, to help achieve that goal? I am always open and very interested in opinions.

Thanks! To be honest, I don't know.
It depends of the Patreon support over time.
Shame I have no money haha

Reactions: iyenal

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SX OS has a homebrew launcher, so it will work too ?

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm getting virus notification on when running setup.

It was on the download page for your information:
upload_2019-5-31_14-12-27.png

It is a false positive. You can do online av check if you would like.

EDIT: Done again my own scan, nothing new: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...5a6b75527149ec9afd5355df55f3c5d7f1d/detection
All the legit antiviruses doesn't detect anything malicious. To list them, Avast, Symantec, Avira, AVG, BitDefender, MalwareBytes, ESET (the "best" antivirus currently)... To confirm you that it's a false positive if you don't trust me (I understand).

Last edited by iyenal,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
No offence OP, but why would people give you money? - when you don't show any examples of what this program can do, we can already make apps with devkitpro and there's examples included with that.

Make some examples, of what this program is capable of doing, then some people might support you.

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No offence OP, but why would people give you money? - when you don't show any examples of what this program can do, we can already make apps with devkitpro and there's examples included with that.

Make some examples, of what this program is capable of doing, then some people might support you.

I didn't knew we could do visual programming with devkitPro, that's great.
What I mean, is that I deliver for free the engine so everyone can try, plus 3 kinds of documentation including a very illustrative YouTube video and a Discord server if you wanna ask me questions directly. In other terms the possibility of making the examples you need yourself.
But ok, I understood I will do examples, and then we will see if anything will change. But it will take a lot of time as I have many other priorities over this without the Patreon examples goal.

Last edited by iyenal,

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For maintenance reasons, Gen7.1 Engine download will be down for about 24 hours. There's some things I need to check too.

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could you compile it by the Switch and then show the results? That would be enough.

These things if they have good performance ?.

Please forgive my rudeness, but what on hell will I do else? It is clearly written "The development of examples for Gen7 Engine" at the bottom of the screen, so please read everything.
If it was just for a picture Photoshop do very well the job.

Last edited by iyenal,

Moehammered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Everyone here asking for examples isn't trying to be rude or abrasive. Making examples of games or projects, compiled and running, is of higher importance than continuing development of the sdk.

Since:
1. Making an application using it and letting people run the application let's you have feedback on bugs and usability.
2. It acts as a springboard for those starting out using the engine.
3. Let's you find new use cases for tools and nodes you might have missed, or cull/remove some features you thought were useful but proved otherwise during application development.

It's a ton of work making a visual scripter. I really do applaud your efforts. I've been reading the book game engine architecture by the head programmer of naughty dog, and it is gargantuan the amount that goes into an engine.

Tldr: of it all, the lack of completed project examples gives the impression you haven't used it to make a complete project. It also adds a huge barrier of entry for new adopters.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Imancol and iyenal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz