Gecko OS, cIOS and ios36

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by blitzxp, Nov 5, 2009.

Nov 5, 2009

Gecko OS, cIOS and ios36 by blitzxp at 2:18 AM (2,296 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. blitzxp
    OP

Newcomer blitzxp Member

Chile
    Hello all
    I've tried various configurations and can't get it to work:

first things first: I'm on 3.2u, preloader 0.27, hbc 1.0.3, I CAN'T install bootmii as boot2..

I used dop-ios to update my ios36, install ios60,61 and 70 and other missing ios'

My backup games loaded through neogamma r6 and r7 work OK..
    But every time I use GeckoOS and try to load a game, it code dumps or (lately) errors with a "no disc" ..
    I've tried ios36 latest version with/without sig hash patch, es_identify, and patching/clean ios60 and 70

I'm trying to run geckoos 1.9.1, 1.9.2, 1.9.2b and still no luck

I've also tried several other variables: cIOS rev10, rev13, rev13b and rev14 ..

I just CAN'T seem to get the right 'settings'..if anyone could point me in the right combo, it'd be great..

FYI: I'm trying to run this so I can use my Original/backup SSBB with brawl+ ...

I know rev14 has issues with DL discs, so that's why I tried rev10 and 13...

PS: Does the sysmenu have anything to do at all?.. since I have preloader 0.27 should I update that to 0.30 and then use the safe 4.2 updater? I can't install bootmii as boot2..

2. matguitarist

Member matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You could use pimpmywii for updating and trucha sign latest ios shop channel and system menu 4.1 that give u sdhc support u could also get the preloder 0.29 jodi who is stable wait for 0.30 there is some bug that wasn't resolve i think ios 13 is the best for DL disk u should also update hackmii installer to latest version for HBC 1.06 bootmii and latest DVDX too ... i load my backup of Supersmash via usb loader gx and work great i supose it will work with neo gamma too

3. blitzxp
    OP

Newcomer blitzxp Member

Chile
    hmm i'd prefer to stay away from the pimpmywii package..

regardless of the sysmenu, is there any other reason why this wouldn't work?? ios/cios versions?

4. matguitarist

Canada
    Have u try to force the games to use cios 249 i don't think u need the latest ios 36 cause the game are old and use an old version of that ios .... u could try to force cios 249

5. blitzxp
    OP

Newcomer blitzxp Member

Chile
    GeckoOS can't force a cIOS, can it ??
    I can play backups just fine through usb loaders or neogamma, it's GECKO that won't load games and codedumps, or won't show the "USING IOS249" on the main screen..

6. matguitarist

Canada
    I don't think you can force ... i don't use gecko os ... but if the other loader work why do you want to use gecko os ???