GC usb iso loading on sneek????

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gisel213, May 29, 2010.

May 29, 2010
  1. gisel213
    OP

Member gisel213 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know there is something about copying files folders or something on wii games... but my question
    is this if sneek lies to the ppc??? Why can't it run gc isos??? or could the emulated nand along with
    sneek add usb ports to gc mode the mios which is a special version of IOS???

Is this to impossible to code for an sneek's emulated nand... on the real wii it's impossible but on
    sneek is this possible?????

Emulated usb ports in gc mode would be interesting.....

2. toejam316

Member toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    It's possible on SNEEK and directly on the real NAND, but the effort required is intense - no matter how many times you ask, it won't be happening unless someone decides they want to code it (a lot of work).

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    It's currently in early stages of development; a GC game loaded through SNEEK-DI will show up in the disc channel but blackscreen upon boot.

4. FullMetalEnginee

Newcomer FullMetalEnginee Member

Canada
    anyone who gets this working will be awarded a $50 donation from my pocket [​IMG]

5. Pop006

Member Pop006 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I wonder how many GameCube games you could buy for that....

[/off topic]

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    (@everyone who knows the technical stuff: please correct me if I'm wrong)

Hmm...from what I've gathered from reading topics about it, the real problem isn't the nand, but the way gamecube games are coded (which is different from wii games). All the wii games's in- and output pass through the used IOS, so making USB loading possible was "merely" a task of changing the IOS with a cIOS that directs all the reading to the USB-drive instead of to the DVD-drive.
    Gamecube games, on the other hand, access the DVD-drive (and other hardware) directly. So it's not really correct to say that the USB ports are "blocked", but that they are simply not used anywhere. That means that aside from adding the USB ports in the MIOS code, you also have to find a way to tell the games that the DVD in the DVD-drive they're trying to access is actually an ISO in the USB-drive (which is, if I understood correctly, the main issue, as that his hard sh** to find out how it works).

Now...I don't know how sneek works (or the WODE, for that matter). But that it manages to get an ISO to show up in the game channel is a step that isn't to be taken lightly. [​IMG]

7. gameking66

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That's incorrect, they're actually blocked by boot2/BC. GC mode is sandboxed. Any other way would be retarded because it would let Wii homebrew be run from day one with GC exploits.

8. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Hypothetically: if a custom MIOS was made for sneek that included USB/SD calls, could it HYPOTHETICALLY be flashed to a real wii and therefore introduce this functionality?

9. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Well, you missed your chance. Crediar (Creator of SNEEK) made a found for GC-USBLoading via SNEEK. He wanted 1000$, but "only" got 100$. So he probably won't work for some time on this...

@KiiWii: SNEEK doesn't work that way, as far as I know. So my answer is a no.

10. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    He wanted a 1000, but got 100 of what? If you mean people petitioning interest, thats a shame (if he can actually do it), if its something to do with money, then thats just sad on his part. My 2 cents ..

11. myspacee

myspacee Newbie

he want 1000 but give any proof of usb GC loading ?
    (video, docmentation....)

maybe is possible to organize a petition to found 1000 rupies....

m.

12. SanGor

Member SanGor Witchhunter

United States
    Someone wanting money for labor? OH NOES!!! How dare him!!
    I can understand that in this forum people don't understand that concept ...

Also some more information about this whole found:
    It was about 1000EUR, got dropped after one month because only one donated, credair said that the guy who donated gets access to the GC ISO loader and that's it.

Obviously a GC ISO loader is not easy to make otherwise we would have some by now (there are four Wii USB loaders!!)

Someone wanting money for labor is sad? That news to me ... gonna tell that the shopkeeper next time I'm shopping!

13. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    Got to admit I thought the donations thing was another joke. I think all most people saw was a post saying he would work on it if he got $2000 in donations but there was never anything saying where to donate

14. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    Even if it is crediar, I wouldn't just give someone my money. If he was serious about it, he would have posted a proof video and a donation link, saying when he gets $1000 he'll release it. Just asking for money with no proof seems very scam-worthy.

I'll try to develop a Wii emulator for GameCube if I get $1,000,000.

15. toejam316

Member toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    It's blocked, but not that well.
    I believe it's a memory exploit, but there is a method to access Wii hardware in GC mode, and GC games have been shown running with the Wii CPU clocked at full speed. All that needs to be done (since we know how to do this already) is write a USB driver, and software to sit there and pull the files as needed and pass them to the GC game. The biiiiig problem would be patching the GC games to use it, and running it without impacting on the game's performance.

16. PizzaPino

Member PizzaPino GBAtemp Fan

El Salvador
    i dont think you are capable of developing it, but i think crediar is. that makes the difference. i would have donated if i knew about it, even without a proof video. and i think it's also fair that only the donators get the source or whatever. and it's people's own business what they do with their money, they know what the risk is.

17. overlord00

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    cheque's in the mail... [​IMG]

18. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    crediar did show proof and you can do it yourself, sneek will show the game in the disc channel but black screen upon boot. now come on, do you really think he just "stopped" there. he figured it out, hes just waiting until he feels comfortable to release it. if he is human (which i think he is), his curiosity would get the best of him and he would work on it until it played.

gc loading would be really cool but :
    1) im cool with disc loading
    2) gamecube is the last thing id pay for

i had a real gamecube with real games and it was great for its time, but i would never play the games if i could load them from usb. they would just sit there and id probably be looking to get a bigger drive so i can hold tons of games.

19. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I thought similarly since, well, I've seen jokes like it before and didn't think to look into it. Whatever, I guess.