Hacking GC usb iso loading on sneek????

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there is something about copying files folders or something on wii games... but my question
is this if sneek lies to the ppc??? Why can't it run gc isos??? or could the emulated nand along with
sneek add usb ports to gc mode the mios which is a special version of IOS???

Is this to impossible to code for an sneek's emulated nand... on the real wii it's impossible but on
sneek is this possible?????

Emulated usb ports in gc mode would be interesting.....

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's possible on SNEEK and directly on the real NAND, but the effort required is intense - no matter how many times you ask, it won't be happening unless someone decides they want to code it (a lot of work).

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's currently in early stages of development; a GC game loaded through SNEEK-DI will show up in the disc channel but blackscreen upon boot.

FullMetalEnginee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone who gets this working will be awarded a $50 donation from my pocket
smile.gif

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FullMetalEngineer said:
anyone who gets this working will be awarded a $50 donation from my pocket
smile.gif

I wonder how many GameCube games you could buy for that....

[/off topic]

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gisel213 said:
I know there is something about copying files folders or something on wii games... but my question
is this if sneek lies to the ppc??? Why can't it run gc isos??? or could the emulated nand along with

Is this to impossible to code for an sneek's emulated nand... on the real wii it's impossible but on

(@everyone who knows the technical stuff: please correct me if I'm wrong)

Hmm...from what I've gathered from reading topics about it, the real problem isn't the nand, but the way gamecube games are coded (which is different from wii games). All the wii games's in- and output pass through the used IOS, so making USB loading possible was "merely" a task of changing the IOS with a cIOS that directs all the reading to the USB-drive instead of to the DVD-drive.
Gamecube games, on the other hand, access the DVD-drive (and other hardware) directly. So it's not really correct to say that the USB ports are "blocked", but that they are simply not used anywhere. That means that aside from adding the USB ports in the MIOS code, you also have to find a way to tell the games that the DVD in the DVD-drive they're trying to access is actually an ISO in the USB-drive (which is, if I understood correctly, the main issue, as that his hard sh** to find out how it works).

Now...I don't know how sneek works (or the WODE, for that matter). But that it manages to get an ISO to show up in the game channel is a step that isn't to be taken lightly.
smile.gif

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
gisel213 said:

Gamecube games, on the other hand, access the DVD-drive (and other hardware) directly. So it's not really correct to say that the USB ports are "blocked", but that they are simply not used anywhere.
That's incorrect, they're actually blocked by boot2/BC. GC mode is sandboxed. Any other way would be retarded because it would let Wii homebrew be run from day one with GC exploits.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, you missed your chance. Crediar (Creator of SNEEK) made a found for GC-USBLoading via SNEEK. He wanted 1000$, but "only" got 100$. So he probably won't work for some time on this...

@KiiWii: SNEEK doesn't work that way, as far as I know. So my answer is a no.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
He wanted a 1000, but got 100 of what? If you mean people petitioning interest, thats a shame (if he can actually do it), if its something to do with money, then thats just sad on his part. My 2 cents ..

M

myspacee

he want 1000 but give any proof of usb GC loading ?
(video, docmentation....)

maybe is possible to organize a petition to found 1000 rupies....

m.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone wanting money for labor? OH NOES!!! How dare him!!
I can understand that in this forum people don't understand that concept ...

Also some more information about this whole found:
It was about 1000EUR, got dropped after one month because only one donated, credair said that the guy who donated gets access to the GC ISO loader and that's it.

Obviously a GC ISO loader is not easy to make otherwise we would have some by now (there are four Wii USB loaders!!)

Someone wanting money for labor is sad? That news to me ... gonna tell that the shopkeeper next time I'm shopping!

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got to admit I thought the donations thing was another joke. I think all most people saw was a post saying he would work on it if he got $2000 in donations but there was never anything saying where to donate

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it is crediar, I wouldn't just give someone my money. If he was serious about it, he would have posted a proof video and a donation link, saying when he gets $1000 he'll release it. Just asking for money with no proof seems very scam-worthy.

I'll try to develop a Wii emulator for GameCube if I get $1,000,000.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
KiiWii said:
Hypothetically: if a custom MIOS was made for sneek that included USB/SD calls, could it HYPOTHETICALLY be flashed to a real wii and therefore introduce this functionality?
It's blocked, but not that well.
I believe it's a memory exploit, but there is a method to access Wii hardware in GC mode, and GC games have been shown running with the Wii CPU clocked at full speed. All that needs to be done (since we know how to do this already) is write a USB driver, and software to sit there and pull the files as needed and pass them to the GC game. The biiiiig problem would be patching the GC games to use it, and running it without impacting on the game's performance.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
W hat said:
Even if it is crediar, I wouldn't just give someone my money. If he was serious about it, he would have posted a proof video and a donation link, saying when he gets $1000 he'll release it. Just asking for money with no proof seems very scam-worthy.

I'll try to develop a Wii emulator for GameCube if I get $1,000,000.

i dont think you are capable of developing it, but i think crediar is. that makes the difference. i would have donated if i knew about it, even without a proof video. and i think it's also fair that only the donators get the source or whatever. and it's people's own business what they do with their money, they know what the risk is.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crediar did show proof and you can do it yourself, sneek will show the game in the disc channel but black screen upon boot. now come on, do you really think he just "stopped" there. he figured it out, hes just waiting until he feels comfortable to release it. if he is human (which i think he is), his curiosity would get the best of him and he would work on it until it played.

gc loading would be really cool but :
1) im cool with disc loading
2) gamecube is the last thing id pay for

i had a real gamecube with real games and it was great for its time, but i would never play the games if i could load them from usb. they would just sit there and id probably be looking to get a bigger drive so i can hold tons of games.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Got to admit I thought the donations thing was another joke. I think all most people saw was a post saying he would work on it if he got $2000 in donations but there was never anything saying where to donate
I thought similarly since, well, I've seen jokes like it before and didn't think to look into it. Whatever, I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome