GC games on USB loader GX

away8777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I'm new to HB on Wii and I have managed to get my Wii games playing on USB loader GX on a 500g WD HDD fat 32 but for the life of me can't get GC games to show up. They play fine on Nintendont but USB loader will not let me choose USB games folder as a path it comes up saying it has to be the SD folder.... Is there a work around for this yet?

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Did you go to Custom Paths and set the main gamecube path there? It sounds like you tried change the "Gamecube source" under Loader Settings instead, but that's not it.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but for the life of me can't get GC games to show up
In the top banner in USBLoaderGX, in one of the icons select Wii and GC in order for both of them to show.
As for GC path settings, don't think it can block you from selecting your drive, you don't have to use SD for GC games.

away8777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you go to Custom Paths and set the main gamecube path there? It sounds like you tried change the "Gamecube source" under Loader Settings

Did you go to Custom Paths and set the main gamecube path there? It sounds like you tried change the "Gamecube source" under Loader Settings instead, but that's not it.
I change the main game path to my HDD and tried to change the SD path to my HDD but it says it has to be on SD not USB
Post automatically merged:

In the top banner in USBLoaderGX, in one of the icons select Wii and GC in order for both of them to show.
As for GC path settings, don't think it can block you from selecting your drive, you don't have to use SD for GC games.
I have both game cube and Wii games selected in the check boxes and main game path set to USB but when I select USB on SD path it says ok then gives me a notification that it can be set to SD only.

I have both game cube and Wii games selected in the check boxes and main game path set to USB but when I select USB on SD path it says ok then gives me a notification that it can be set to SD only.
I change the main game path to my HDD and tried to change the SD path to my HDD but it says it has to be on SD not USB

I'll post pictures of my set up when I get home from work

Last edited by away8777,

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well yeah, the SD gamecube path has to be on SD. You don't need to change that one. If you mean that you have the Nintendont app itself also on USB then you need to change the "nintendont loader path"

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but when I select USB on SD path it says ok then gives me a notification that it can be set to SD only.
Ofc it won't. Now im not if it's like with Wii games and SD Mode, as with that you have to choose between SD mode or usb, you can't have both. See if you can switch to usb for GC games.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ofc it won't. Now im not if it's like with Wii games and SD Mode, as with that you have to choose between SD mode or usb, you can't have both. See if you can switch to usb for GC games.
you should use gamecube backup manager to put your games on your hdd if they are not showing up then they might not be named correctly you need to name your iso to game.iso if you have file extensions hidden on your pc then it might be named game.iso.iso so just rename your iso to just game

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should use gamecube backup manager to put your games on your hdd if they are not showing up then they might not be named correctly you need to name your iso to game.iso if you have file extensions disabled on your pc then it might be named game.iso.iso so just rename your iso to just game
First of all it's not me with the issue, not sure why you quoted me, maybe just to add to or correct what i said.. Anyhow, they said that their GC games work in Nintendont but not usbloadergx, so it can't possibly be wrong iso file/folder naming.
you should use gamecube backup manager to put your games on your hdd
Yes, i recommend using that too (instead of doing it manually).

away8777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it downloaded on both the USB and SD
So this is what I have it set too I have tried just about every configuration and they still aren't showing up not sure what else I am missing

First of all it's not me with the issue, not sure why you quoted me, maybe just to add to or correct what i said.. Anyhow, they said that their GC games work in Nintendont but not usbloadergx, so it can't possibly be wrong iso file/folder naming.

Yes, i recommend using that too (instead of doing it manually).
Thank you for the heads up. I have checked that the files are named correct and like CoolMe said they show up and work on Nintendont.

So this is what I have it set too I have tried just about every configuration and they still aren't showing up not sure what else I am missing

Thank you for the heads up. I have checked that the files are named correct and like CoolMe said they show up and work on Nintendont.
Also had the Nintendont loader path set to USB/apps/Nintendont with no change

Attachments

• PXL_20240815_053733276.jpg
    PXL_20240815_053733276.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240815_053825962.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240815_053825962.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240815_054204453.jpg
    PXL_20240815_054204453.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited by away8777,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Veho, Wdym? You read anything new?