Hacking GC Backup Loader Problem

fellamkb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Ive searched around on the forum, but have not found anything about the problem im having.. Im fairly new to this homebrew scene, only managed to install Homebrew channel the other day for the first time.

I have 4.1e Wii, with IOS249 from the CIOS38 rev 13b install and I have managed to install GC backup loader (0.2), and patched it with the MIOS patcher that came with it, as required.

The problem im having is that when i load GC Backup loader, it recognises the GC backup game, and when i press A or any other button for the required region format, the screen goes blank and somtimes it stays blank, or just reboots the Wii back to the menu.

This happens with every game i have tried, and different buttons pressed, whether PAL or forced NTSc, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help, will be very appreciated if i could get this working, as all my Wii backups seem to work fine with other software.

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Going back to the menu usually means the MIOS patcher didn't work, try this download
GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Xi for Wii
^ Is that the one you tried?

There is an archive in this archive with 2 folders in it, extract them to SD:\apps\. Run the MIOS patcher from HBC, then try loading the game from GC Backup Loader in HBC. I use this one without any problems. There is an option for different versions of MIOS (4 5 and 8 I think), try the middle one first and see how you go.

fellamkb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response

I will try the version you have posted, as currently i am testing with version 0.2.

Ill post my results later on.

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're games are PAL, and your console is NTSC, and your using 0.1, the games won't run. Make sure you have games of the correct region.

fellamkb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiesty Panda said:
If you're games are PAL, and your console is NTSC, and your using 0.1, the games won't run. Make sure you have games of the correct region.

My console and games are both PAL.

fellamkb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ToneEQ said:
Going back to the menu usually means the MIOS patcher didn't work, try this download
GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Xi for Wii
^ Is that the one you tried?

There is an archive in this archive with 2 folders in it, extract them to SD:\apps\. Run the MIOS patcher from HBC, then try loading the game from GC Backup Loader in HBC. I use this one without any problems. There is an option for different versions of MIOS (4 5 and 8 I think), try the middle one first and see how you go.

Thank you worked first time

fellamkb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it turns out i was wrong, using GC Loader 0.1 only worked with one game, the rest it did the same thing where it either gave me a green screen or just a black screen depending on the option i take to load the game in.

I installed cmios rev3 too, and still gives me the same problem.

Would appreciate further help. Thank you.

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you've done it right if you've got one game working, but remember not all games are compatible;
Gamecube_Backup_Launcher_Compatibility_List

You could try installing the other included version of MIOS to see if that makes any difference? Can't really help you any further, I'm no expert and have never had any problems with the games I play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...