Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Since there's been a lot of people saying they dislike it and not as many saying they do, I just want to say I actually really like the new prefix-based instead of subforum-based layout of the main console forums, I find it so much easier to keep up with everything in the DS and Vita forums (the two I currently try to keep up with) now that I don't need to check like 5 places each to see all the new updates. Maybe its worse with the more active forums like 3DS and Switch which I only occasionally check, but for me I find it quite nice.

(this isn't targeted at anyone or anything, just wanted to say my thoughts on it)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Since there's been a lot of people saying they dislike it and not as many saying they do, I just want to say I actually really like the new prefix-based instead of subforum-based layout of the main console forums, I find it so much easier to keep up with everything in the DS and Vita forums (the two I currently try to keep up with) now that I don't need to check like 5 places each to see all the new updates. Maybe its worse with the more active forums like 3DS and Switch which I only occasionally check, but for me I find it quite nice.

(this isn't targeted at anyone or anything, just wanted to say my thoughts on it)
If they want to lump older systems or platforms with a fairly inactive community into one forum? That's fine. Sifting through current platforms is such a mess, though.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a weird bug: when adding screenshots to a review, I imported a heap of shots, but clicking the delete button on the top right of the thumbnail adds the screenshot to the review as a full-sized image rather than actually removing the thumbnail from the selector.

EDIT:

Main Review Content > Styles > Block Styles > Grey Box styling shows whilst editing, but not when you preview it...

Reactions: AmandaRose

quickthrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS is an old platform, but there are still people working on new projects even now. I strongly disagree that the consolidated forum is better. There used to be many different subcategories: game discussion, translation/hacking projects, hardware/modding, emulation, homebrew, etc. It's really hard to navigate now with all these lumped together under one giant forum. I know the rationale was to "increase engagement," but in reality there's not necessarily much overlap in interests in the different aspects, even if they're all related to DS.

The filter tags in theory should help, but they're vague and prone to user mislabels. 'Hacking' and 'Translation' and 'ROM Hack' seem to be used interchangeably. 'Gaming' instead of game discussions, bring up a whole bunch of help threads. In fact, 'Gaming', 'Misc', 'Hardware', 'Hacking', 'Homebrew', etc are all filled with people seeking technical support.

It's hard to pick out the project announcements and actual discussion threads from all these.

On top of that, each of these subcategories used to have their own pinned threads, but many of them are lost to the depths now. Some of the threads I referenced a lot in the past include pinned threads of recommended games in the game discussion subcategory, and pinned threads of translation resources and on-going translation projects in the translation subcategory, and these are just gone now. I don't know why it's only the 'Homebrew' and 'Hacking' topics that get sticky priority, when there's so much more to the NDS platform.

It's making the browsing experience rather unpleasant.

Reactions: Sono and AmandaRose

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Also a HUGE annoyance is that when the bottom banner ad refreshes, it gets rid of the on screen keyboard. You have to then click on the text field again to bring the keyboard back up. It has happened 4 times just typing this message.
Yes. This happens to me too sometimes, really annoying. I guess the ad refresh is somehow stealing the focus. If I press the x to hide the ad though it seems to work, at least those times I've tried.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to talk about a problem that arose days ago: after exceeding 10,000 views in this thread did not receive the 25xp as it is written in XP and Leveling Up.
A similar thing happened to me on my birthday(a month ago),i had not received the 10xp as written above and i had lost more than 30xp after the renewal of the site,but i had not opened any threads and received likes during the temporary mode,because there was a warning that anything posted during this mode was being deleted,has anyone had a similar problem to mine?

Note:i visit the site daily to read the news, the various notifications etc ...,from my smartphone(Galaxy Note 9 Android 10).

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to update a save file I posted for Metroid Dread earlier this week with a newly completed one on Normal mode, but for some weird reason the Editor refuses to take my .ZIP file. It only wants images and video files for the Attachments. If I try to force it to upload the ZIP, it says it doesn't recognize it as a valid format.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here's what happened this morning
Screenshot_20211029-084321_Samsung Internet.jpg
i got to 1240xp but iam reduced to level 7 instead of going to 8.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's what happened this morning View attachment 282133i got to 1240xp but iam reduced to level 7 instead of going to 8.
That is nothing new. It was like this before the upgrade as well.
I'll give you a like for your message. The 1XP should make the level go up.

Edit: Okay, this is strange. Never seen this before: "Level up in -1XP"
Xp.png

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That is nothing new. It was like this before the upgrade as well.
I'll give you a like for your message. The 1XP should make the level go up.

Edit: Okay, this is strange. Never seen this before: "Level up in -1XP"
View attachment 282141
@KleinesSinchen thank you,for example with Samsung Browser i can't insert images or links to my videos etc... with the various options when i write a post,but with Microsoft Edge this doesn't happen.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's been a few days,but no one hasn't explained to me yet why i haven't gotten the 25xp after exceeding 10,000 views in this my thread.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is a bug with the new gbatemp or with my account, but I can't seem to post blogs. there's only the save option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended