Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Arras has made an improved multi-browser compatible version through the Stylish browser addon. This will change the current forum theme to a dark theme that's easier on the eyes.
Download it here:
Don't have
2108-64.png
tylish?

Any comments or further suggestions, post below.

Keep in mind that this is just to save the situation a little bit, since the little hacking mishap was difficult to predict.
If you really want to help, go donate to GBAtemp on the front page RIGHT NOW. Seriously. You'll get a permanent dark theme then.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same here. I just find myself selecting the text, it works that way. Temporary fix of course :)
K, I fixed it. Update it and text should be visible. You DO know that you could've fixed it by enabling the official Dark Theme as well, right?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like your theme however is there any way to make the edges look better when viewing icons? mine appear a little pixelated on the outside so ATM I'm back with the original theme.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like your theme however is there any way to make the edges look better when viewing icons? mine appear a little pixelated on the outside so ATM I'm back with the original theme.
The icons make themselves look not pixelated for the normal theme by adding a bit of white to the edge pixels to make them blend in better. The General Offtopic and USN sections seem to be the worst. Unfortunately there's not much I can do about that without being able to change the HTML or images and this plugin can't do that. Besides, I don't have the skills to make said images. You ARE talking about the forum section icons, right?

@alex
Sorry, for some reason I was thinking you were. I was looking up night mode, found a shortcut for Macs and somehow got the thought in my head you had one. My mistake.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The icons make themselves look not pixelated for the normal theme by adding a bit of white to the edge pixels to make them blend in better. The General Offtopic and USN sections seem to be the worst. Unfortunately there's not much I can do about that without being able to change the HTML or images and this plugin can't do that. Besides, I don't have the skills to make said images. You ARE talking about the forum section icons, right?

@alex
Sorry, for some reason I was thinking you were. I was looking up night mode, found a shortcut for Macs and somehow got the thought in my head you had one. My mistake.

The forum section & the recent thread section on home tab; your theme is great though so if you can't change it then I'll learn to love it right lol after all love/hate is taught not naturally aquired

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The forum section & the recent thread section on home tab; your theme is great though so if you can't change it then I'll learn to love it right lol after all love/hate is taught not naturally aquired
Yeah, I figured you meant those. The old Temp was even worse though, there was this GIANT Wii/DS at the bottom that had an extremely ugly white edge around it :P Anyway, the only way I can change this is A. through a second addon that allows you to change HTML B. Use Javascript to change it (not sure if this is even possible, but I've never used it before anyway) or C. Ask Costello or Shaun if they can make and upload images that use the Alpha layer for blending in with the background instead of white (or make them myself and ask them to upload it).

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I figured you meant those. The old Temp was even worse though, there was this GIANT Wii/DS at the bottom that had an extremely ugly white edge around it :P Anyway, the only way I can change this is A. through a second addon that allows you to change HTML B. Use Javascript to change it (not sure if this is even possible, but I've never used it before anyway) or C. Ask Costello or Shaun if they can make and upload images that use the Alpha layer for blending in with the background instead of white (or make them myself and ask them to upload it).
Oh seems like a lot for such a silly complaint I wouldn't bother with it if I were you I think I'm the only one who starred hard enough at it anyways lol

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh seems like a lot for such a silly complaint I wouldn't bother with it if I were you I think I'm the only one who starred hard enough at it anyways lol
Nah, I noticed them myself too. But like you said it just isn't worth the effort. I can't do the image editing myself anyway :P

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm wondering, any way to make the default GBAtemp font a bit bigger? Because it's too small atm.
Anyone with suggestions, please let me know, doesn't have to be a userscript :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm wondering, any way to make the default GBAtemp font a bit bigger? Because it's too small atm.
Anyone with suggestions, please let me know, doesn't have to be a userscript :)
Uh... You could always try zooming in on the page? Alternatively I guess I could make a simple style that would apply to posts only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.