Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-=Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament=-

Challenger Defeated. Prize Awarded!

A *BIG* Congratulations to M!L, who not only lost ZERO matches, but is the winner of a $100.00 Amazon gift card! May it buy you more happiness than the collection of hide you have collected through this tournament. A big round of applause ladies and gentlemen
smile.gif

Loser's Bracket Matches

Anaki VS Dino - Anaki
RoxaS VS HAK - HAK
HAK VS Yonex - HAK
Dino VS LBLW - Dino
Dino VS TehLink - Dino
LBLW VS PK - LBLW
Sora VS Dino - Dino
HeranBago VS HAK - HAK
PK VS Puxel - PK
DaDam VS Sora - Sora
Nate VS Ozz - Ozz
Dino VS Legal - Dino
HAK VS Roy - HAK
1chiban VS Judas - BOTH dropped, due to no posts/communication
Matt VS MUGIW - Forfeit win awarded to MUGIW
TheMN VS Ozz - Ozz
Yonex VS Web - Yonex
NaoTurtle VS MUGIW - NaoTurtle
Ozz VS Yonex - Yonex
HAK VS NaoTurtle - HAK

-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=

Past Matches

ROUND ONE (WINNERS BRACKET) -

A "bye" means you had no opponent to play against, so you automatically won the round.

HAK - Bye
RoxaS - Bye
LBLW - Bye
Gaeon - Bye
HeranBago - Bye

TehLink VS puxeL - TehLink
Naoturtle VS 1chiban - Naoturtle
NIN VS Judas - NIN
TheMN VS Legal - TheMN
Yonex VS Sora - Yonex
Roy VS Linkin - Forfeit victory awarded to Linkin
PK VS Matt - Forfeit victory awarded to PK
Anaki VS MUGIW - Forfeit victory awarded to Anaki
Nate VS M!L - M!L
Ozz VS Dino - Dino
Web VS DaDAM - DaDAM

ROUND TWO (WINNERS BRACKET)

TehLink VS HAK - TehLink
Naoturtle VS NIN - NIN
TheMN VS RoxaS - RoxaS
Yonex VS LBLW - LBLW
Linkin VS Gaeon - Gaeon
PK VS Anaki - Anaki
M!L VS Dino - M!L
DaDAM VS HeranBago - HeranBago

ROUND THREE (WINNERS BRACKET)

TehLink VS NIN - NIN
RoxaS VS LBLW - RoxaS
Gaeon VS Anaki - Anaki
M!L VS HeranBago - M!L

-=:+:QUARTER FINALS MATCHES:+:=-

NIN VS RoxaS - NIN
Anaki VS M!L - M!L

Semi Finals

NIN, who hasn't lost a SINGLE ROUND, with a PERFECT streak. Will this be his first?

V.S.

M!L
, who, believe it or not, ALSO hasn't lost a single round, and is ALSO on a PERFECT streak. This is truly a clash of the titans
tongue.gif
. I have bad news for one of you: you can't BOTH win this match 2-0. So what will it be...?

What kind of tournament?

Tournament will be double-elimination (aka you need to lose TWICE to drop out of the tournament). Brackets will be unseeded, unless we have a lot of people, in which case I may divide by region. Deadline to enter the tournament will be February 15th. Starting the 16th, players may begin their matches.

You have 3 days to complete a match from the day it is posted. However, the quicker you do your match, the quicker you can move on to the next one. If your opponent no-shows, simply post it, and you will get a forfeit victory.

How does it work?

Starting the 16th, players simply need to contact each other and begin their matches. Players will play until 2 matches have been won by a single player, and then both players need to post the results. Simply post "TehLink beat Raganook 2-0" and "Raganook lost to TehLink 0-2", respectively. This is to confirm the results. I will then update the tournament bracket as early as immediately and as late as 8:00PM PST that day. As soon as you are in line to fight another person, go for it!

----

Rules

ANY OF THE FOLLOWING RULES MAY BE CHANGED IF BOTH PARTIES AGREE. If one person does and one doesn't, rules will DEFAULT TO THE ONES LISTED BELOW! So if you BOTH want to do a Lip's Stick-only 20% Stamina match with handicaps of 1 on your custom stage "omg l00k", then by all means.

1) Items set to OFF (Don't bitch and moan. Read what I wrote DIRECTLY above this.)
2) Each player will select a stage they would like to play prior to the match. Communicate your stage to your opponent, and
whether your map is first or second. CUSTOM STAGES ARE BANNED. ALL OTHER STAGES ARE FINE. Third map both players
may select any map they wish (EXCEPT custom stages), and the Wii will randomly pick one of the two.
3) Stock of 3, time limit of 5:00. All other options (damage ratio, handicap) are obviously set to their normal values. If neither
player can set a timed stock match, then just do a 3 stock match.

----

Other Notes

Lag
Yes, I am aware it exists. Sometimes its a 1-second delay, sometimes it causes the game to become a photo slide show. NO match results will be overturned due to lag. I highly recommend playing some matches so you can get used to the delay prior to your tournament match. There WILL be another tournament when US servers open up, and then you can extract sweet revenge on ________, who ONLY won cause of lag.

Disconnects and Cheating
Purposely disconnecting if you are losing is obviously cheating. This is a serious accusation, and if two different players accuse you of doing this, I will black-list your friend code from both this tournament and any other tournaments I hold. And I mean ever. This also applies to you if you use some sort of cheating device or hack, though I trust you all not to do this
smile.gif

Firewall Problems
It is your responsibility to make sure you have your internet firewall set-up properly PRIOR to the match. If you can not figure out how to fix it on your agreed match date/time, you forfeit the win.

Delays and No-shows
Your opponent may claim a forfeit victory 15 minutes after the agreed match time if:
1) You are futzing with your router
2) You aren't present
3) You left/went idle/are doing anything other than playing your match

Community Disagreement
None of these rules are set in stone until the tournament begins. If the community disagrees with anything I've laid out, speak
up! The important thing is that this is fun and competitive, and I tried to accomplish that with the rules thus far, but am open
to any suggested changes.

How do I host/join a match?
I've created an instructional thread just for you! Find it here : )

Are there any banned glitches/explots?
Currently, the only known glitch/exploit banned is Fox's infinite shine in Snake's level.

Ok! Any questions? Post them in this thread!

Update: A great way to practice/see how laggy things are/have fun is to fight people online
tongue.gif
Visit this thread to brawl immediately in preparation : )

----
CURRENT TOURNAMENT ENTREES

01. M!L - 2148-7405-3585 - None Specified - UK
02. Legal - 2578 2373 1406 - [email protected] - US, EST
03. Yonex - 2750-0351-6556 - None Specified - US, EST
04. Matt - 4382-1310-0410 - Xfire: yomatt2004 / MSN: [email protected] - US, EST
05. Roy - 3866-7303-8169 - AIM: KageNouchi / email: [email protected] - US, CST
06. PK - 0688-4524-6525 - email/msn: [email protected] - Brasil (GMT -3)
07. Judas - 3952 6262 6783 - [email protected] - USA, EST
08. DaDAM - 2019-8922-6504- AIM: inotmadeinchina / email: [email protected] - US, PST
09. Nate - 0903-2049-6805 - [email protected] - Canada, PST
10. NIN - 3222 4836 6175 - Xfire: Legendofninny - Netherlands
11. Linkin - 4682 7717 7608 - [email protected] - France
12. HAK - 5155-2171-6848 - [email protected] - Canada, GMT -5
13. TheMN - 3952-6287-6005 - AIM: Aeari, Xfire : theman69 - US, EST
14. Anaki - 3952-6305-8018 - Canada (Ontario)
15. Ozz - 1547-4459-5924 - AIM:Tupacalypse568 - USA, CST
16. Gaeon - 3651-9890-3282 - USA, EST
17. Naoturtle - 4296-2281-9911 - IRC: Naoki, Channel: #smashbros on EFNet, MSN: [email protected] - USA, EST
18. LBLW - 3179-5341-2178 - USA, EST
19. TehLink - 0645-5012-9585 - MSN: [email protected], AIM: ZimarAli, E-mail: [email protected] - USA, EST
20. RoxaS - 3651-9900-1184 - Email and MSN: [email protected] - Peru, GMT -5
21. Sora - 1332-7044-2047 - [email protected] - Canada, CST
22. HeranBago - 5198-1680-3008 - [email protected], AIM: heranbago - USA, PST
23. puxeL - 2191-6931-5776 - XFire: Puxel, AIM: Puxel16,MSN/email: [email protected] - USA, CST
24. ???? - 3394-2931-8151 - [email protected] - Virginia, EST
25. DiNo - 5069-3187-1239 - MSN : [email protected] - France, GMT+1
26. 1chiban - 1676-2946-7532 - [email protected] - GMT
27. MUGIW - 3351-3323-1734 - USA, PST

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Im definetly up for it!! Was thinkin about this before. Im glad someone brought it up!!
biggrin.gif
!
In game nick = M!L

FC = Mirato: 2148-7405-3585 ~-~ UK/London

Email: [email protected]

ps: This thread is gna start getting reaaaal busy lol

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think its a good idea to let the Euro´s play against the US players. It will be to laggy.

I thought so as well, but in the SSBB friend code post, people do it without a problem. Which is interesting
tongue.gif

If we get enough players from BOTH regions, I can split the tournament. But only if BOTH sides get a lot of people.

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
very good point. Seperate tournament for Europe and US? Or maybe thats too much hassle. then theres a euro finalist vs US finalist?

On the other hand tho, iv played alot of peeps from us and i have a quite decent conection with them. Sometimes even better then wen playin sum1 else in europe.

I think if the person u are playin has a really good net speed then it doesnt matter too much where they live.

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Super Smash Bros Brawl only out in Japan? How could we get a copy of a Japanese game? And aren't Wii's region-locked? How do you expect to play a Japanese Wii game on a region-locked Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.