See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATemp's Review Team

Project Started By: Ryukouki, Team Leader

Mission Statement: Our plan as a review team is to inform the general public here at GBAtemp about what games/objects seem interesting to write about. We seek to do so by writing comprehensive reviews about all aspects of the game, with proper English language, and the use of photos to further emphasize on our point.

When? GBATemp review members hope to write reviews approximately once or twice a week.

Where? GBATemp's Reviews and Guides Forum

-In conclusion, the GBATemp review team is a means for users to freely express their opinion about whether they like a given subject or not. The review can be about anything as long as it sticks to the GBATemp reviews template and the general theme of the site. Members who choose to join must show dedication to the team by writing as frequently as possible. Members who choose to not abide by the rules of the review team are simply removed, including Ryukouki. No one member on the team shall have greater authority over another. We are a team, and we will work as a team.

Please note: This outline is a rough sketch of the team's ideas. It can be subject to updates at any time.

Please also keep in mind that anyone who is interested in joining should drop a private message to me here. A more informal way to reach me would be by my email, which is brandonbui[at]cox.net. I wish everyone the best, and thanks for the generous support by staff and members alike. I hope to serve everyone well!
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Ryukouki,
i think that you misinterpreted what i said. i won't be able to be a supervisor for this project. if you need help and direction such as outlines or advice, i'd be happy to provide that information. i would also be happy to provide a front page post, now and then, for things that are really detailed, well written, etc. gbatemp would love to help you promote this project as we are always happy when our users get involved. so keep me updated, from time to time and i’ll do my best to help you out.

to meet the standards i have for writing i would need to build a team of users who are dedicated and good at doing reviews. this would come after some hard work and i can not simply say a project is "official" from day one. right now my goals are to get the gbatemp recommends revived. after that i may consider running a team of general users who want to write game reviews. something like that would be much into the distant future. doing things one step at a time is my approach, and starting with the gbatemp recommends is enough for right now. i am very busy in my current position and if you would like to discuss how i budget my gbatemp time further you can PM me and i would be happy to reply.

i wish you the best with this project and i hope that you have a great time doing it.

-another world

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, haha, ok sorry about that
tongue.gif
College Chemistry... screws around with my head haha.
smile.gif
I'll revise it right away. Thank you for your warm wishes, and honestly when I saw you posting for a full 15 minutes, I was freaking out about getting chewed out
tongue.gif

I'll be sure to not let anyone down
smile.gif
Thanks to the community for your support in this project.
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i would want to do a project like this the way i would want to do it. i also have a TON of work on my plate, gbatemp related. i also have real life, real jobs, real responsibilities. for now you should run this on your own. build a team. write some reviews. get some front page post. have fun with it. really plan it out. really make it good. then try to make it successful. once you have it to that point pitch it to me and convince me that the people you have are dedicated. after that i will talk to the staff about making you an "official" team leader responsible for the people under you and getting certain types of reviews published for the front page.

to get to the last point you will have to work really hard. like i said i'd be happy to help. do your own thing right now and as this starts to take off all chime in and give you some suggestions and ideas which will better shape it into a "gbatemp mould'

-another world

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I get it, haha. No worries at all. I'm just glad that I have the support of the community at my back. The joys of living... I'll do my best to live up to a successful project!
smile.gif
I unfortunately may not have the godly reviewing prowess like you, but I can certainly try to improve myself. Also, it has nothing to do with being staff or being a "leader." That's just an added bonus. I really just want to give back to the community I learned so much from.
wink.gif
But again, I'll thank you ten thousand times over, but thank you for offering your advice to me.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Evo.lve said:
I second this. Either way I still need something to review. Will you accept a review like "Random Bullshit R4 Clone Review" that I just made up (including the R4 clone)?

With as many reviews of the R4 and it's clones as there are I just don't see a need for more right now.
Try making something that would be unique on our forum.

Personally speaking, I'm interested in writing a review of Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light.

we could benefit from game reviews. thats all i'm saying =)

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Ryukouki said:
About that paragraph, this topic was just to cement my idea instead of being a little interest group. Since I have a group interested now, why not try to make it bigger and more "official?" I understand that it's not going to be perfect from day one.
tongue.gif
Hahaha, if you want my help with GBATemp recommends, let me know.
smile.gif

i'm not against your idea or the way you are going about this. just understand that i have a ton on my plate right now. which is why i'm suggesting that you do this on your own with some direction, for awhile. if you had brought up this idea to me a year ago i would have ran with it. i just don't have any more free time right now to do something like this, perhaps soon i will and we can revisit this conversation. sound good?

if vulpes wants to be the head of this project i don't have a a problem with that. i'd just ask that if we are going to make this an "official" supplement to gbatemp that all review standards are followed. this includes hosting images at gbatemp, proper writing skills, proper formatting, use of html, proper research, proper testing, etc. i can type up an outline with examples if vulpes wants to run with this. just let me know mate! =P

-another world

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds reasonable, not too much. Please, take your time with your work. Good luck with your future endeavors!

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
Hmmmm, for Subliminal, nice work buddy. Definitely on my list. It's good that you're meticulous about these things. Reviews can generally be about anything with video games, like AW said a while back. Just stick to the site's general theme and it's fine.
smile.gif

*fist pump*

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll make up a flashcart that has absolutely everything and will never exist because it is too good to be true
tongue.gif

And then I'll review it. Starting the review... NOW.

Black_Knight_666

Trophies
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
I'll make up a flashcart that has absolutely everything and will never exist because it is too good to be true
tongue.gif

And then I'll review it. Starting the review... NOW.

Haha nice
smile.gif
but why dont you review a game you know you like? feel free to ask for pointers
smile.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Black_Knight_666 said:
Haha nice
smile.gif
but why dont you review a game you know you like? feel free to ask for pointers
smile.gif

Well, I WOULD, but I HAVE already started, and I AM a lazy person...

Posts merged

Lmao. My review starts off with "Thanks to my imagination for providing us with this flashcart and a DS to play it on".

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Black_Knight_666 said:
Then you may want to edit out that part that says you are too lazy.. *hint hint*

LOOOOL. I have the time and inclination to do this, but it was mainly because I was pretty much already finished. I'm not actually lazy, but I'm not gonna delete an entire review to make a new one for a game.
p.s. PM sent.

p.p.s. If I make it in, I shotgun DS games reviews.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious though. I wrote a Deadly Premonition review yesterday, and know full well it's not up to date. Are these reviews going to be new releases? Or can we slip in some older ones too? Cause like I said before, I can pretty much belt out a Wii/DS review on release date, or within 2-3 days of release, depending on school, job and getting laid.

I'm excited now, though. Epic Mickey and Donkey Kong Country Returns coming up in a few weeks. My mouth is literally salivating. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare