GBATemp Review Team Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Monkat was talking to me, Re: The 'Dick' comment. I think I agree though, my choice of phrase made me look like a dick. I just have no room for BS.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACDCGAMER said:
I mean, I know we're trying to make a team and all, but isn't our primary aim for this to be a fun thing, where we can perhaps collaborate on ideas as well as do reviews? Or even collaborate on reviews for that matter?

Of course, but there's a fine line for GBATemp standards too. If we want this to be front page, we need it to simply look professional.
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Evo.lve said:
I'll make up a flashcart that has absolutely everything and will never exist because it is too good to be true
tongue.gif

And then I'll review it. Starting the review... NOW.

You can't review something that doesn't exist; this is not a speculation project. you can write a piece about the "perfect" flash it if you can demonstrate to your team leader that you have hardware knowledge and what you will talk about is factual and actually doable.

I think vulpes will agree that what you are writing does not fit within the outline of what this project is. As Ryukouki is running this project it will be up to him to decide if your topic gets included into the project. You should be submitting your ideas for approval at this point and not writing yet.

QUOTE(SixtySixHundred @ Nov 9 2010, 05:39 PM) OK, so WTF is going on? Is all that info I sent to Another World earlier now useless? Why is this 'official'? I'm not happy about wasting my time!

My project that you applied for and this project are two entirely different things. My opinion is that this project should not be "official" at all right now. Making an "official" team of general users who want to write reviews is a nice idea but something that needs planning, orginziation, the right people, and a template to follow. I would never consider doing this until I've worked with people for awhile (6+ months) on something smaller like the GBATemp Recommends Revival project.

-Another World

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
This is neat thought, review team
smile.gif
. Why not have one? Most Fansites for certain manufactors have these. Like gizmodo or Macrumors.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Evo.lve: If you can prove to me that your reviews are better than anyone else's here, and if you know about flashcarts and how they work, go for it. First step for you. Stop cussing. Be polite when making requests. If you keep doing things the way you do, then I'm sorry, but I can't accept your application.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, in no way will this be official yet. Haha, since this plan was in testing on the last topic, I wanted to make it more distinguished.
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Ryukouki said:
Actually, in no way will this be official yet. Haha, since this plan was in testing on the last topic, I wanted to make it more distinguished.
smile.gif

I've been following all of your posts and you are going about this the RIGHT way. I like your outline and your rules about submissions and how you will OK final reviews before publishing them. The only problem is that some of the people posting here seem a bit immature; they might not understand the reasons for working under a "boss." Don't let that deter you and pick people you think will work best for the project.

If anyone does anything outside if your project to spite you please let us know. We expect all users to follow all rules for GBATemp no matter the relevance of the post. If someone does something to cause you serious issues, they troll you, they rant about you in a morally disruptive way, etc, report that post with a valid reasons and facts to back it up.

QUOTE(monkat @ Nov 9 2010, 06:14 PM) You might want to have the title changed then...

I agree and I have made that change.

-Another World

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, time to clarify a few things.

A: There is no Official GBAtemp Review Team at this point, and there may never be,
B: This is an independently run project for people interested and willing to participate.
C: You will not be getting any special insignia to identify you as being a part of this group. No alternate name colors, no group member title, and no special pips.
D: At this point there is absolutely Zero chance of any review submitted here being put on the front page.
E: While this is a creative writing project, it's not a *fictional* writing project.
F: This does not make you a member of Blood Pack, the Blue Suns, or Eclipse.

What we want to see is your potential; Both your potential for writing in an interesting, concise way, and also your potential for choosing interesting subjects.

Ryukouki is heading this project.
I'm going to be advising, if not participating.
AW will possibly offer advice at times.

This thread is being moved from the site suggestions section to general off-topic.for the remainder of the project.
It might fit in other areas of the forum, but that's where it's going.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
At this point there is absolutely Zero chance of any review submitted here being put on the front page.

....what if I take someone hostage and make that my demand? Would Costello oblige? What if my hostage was Costello?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. I'm going to start reviewing stuff. New Flashcards, Nintendo 3DS, ect. Whenever I have the time. I'll have to get the correct formatting, and try to be non-bias against any product.

yay.gif

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Okay, time to clarify a few things.

A: There is no Official GBAtemp Review Team at this point, and there may never be,
B: This is an independently run project for people interested and willing to participate.
C: You will not be getting any special insignia to identify you as being a part of this group. No alternate name colors, no group member title, and no special pips.
D: At this point there is absolutely Zero chance of any review submitted here being put on the front page.
E: While this is a creative writing project, it's not a *fictional* writing project.
F: This does not make you a member of Blood Pack, the Blue Suns, or Eclipse.

What we want to see is your potential; Both your potential for writing in an interesting, concise way, and also your potential for choosing interesting subjects.

Ryukouki is heading this project.
I'm going to be advising, if not participating.
AW will possibly offer advice at times.

This thread is being moved from the site suggestions section to general off-topic.for the remainder of the project.
It might fit in other areas of the forum, but that's where it's going.

Thank you Vulpes! I could not have said it better myself. Thank you for clarifying my point!
smile.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, point F might have been unnecessary.....couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif

But I like where this is going. Of course not everyone is going to take it seriously, but if we find just two or three people dedicated to the project, and who write well, I'll be quite pleased.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Well, point F might have been unnecessary.....couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif

But I like where this is going. Of course not everyone is going to take it seriously, but if we find just two or three people dedicated to the project, and who write well, I'll be quite pleased.

Can we start our own Group? XD Just like Scene Releases? Non-Official of course.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Green: Prove to me your talents. Look at the first post, and apply for the position. I'll consider it, if you have experience and if you have proficiency in the language.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
Evo.lve said:
I'll make up a flashcart that has absolutely everything and will never exist because it is too good to be true
tongue.gif

And then I'll review it. Starting the review... NOW.

You can't review something that doesn't exist; this is not a speculation project. you can write a piece about the "perfect" flash it if you can demonstrate to your team leader that you have hardware knowledge and what you will talk about is factual and actually doable.

I think vulpes will agree that what you are writing does not fit within the outline of what this project is. As Ryukouki is running this project it will be up to him to decide if your topic gets included into the project. You should be submitting your ideas for approval at this point and not writing yet.

QUOTE(SixtySixHundred @ Nov 9 2010, 05:39 PM) OK, so WTF is going on? Is all that info I sent to Another World earlier now useless? Why is this 'official'? I'm not happy about wasting my time!

My project that you applied for and this project are two entirely different things. My opinion is that this project should not be "official" at all right now. Making an "official" team of general users who want to write reviews is a nice idea but something that needs planning, orginziation, the right people, and a template to follow. I would never consider doing this until I've worked with people for awhile (6+ months) on something smaller like the GBATemp Recommends Revival project.

-Another World

I didn't mean that as a front page post or whatever, I meant that as a submission for entry into the team. Nonetheless, ofc I wouldn't make something like that up for a REAL review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them