GBAtemp Recommends #66: Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins

P

pasc

Aww yiss.

This and Mole Mania were my go-to favorites of all time on the Game Boy.

hey ! another person liking mole-mania ? Yeah !

Lovely game.

Actually Golden Coins was pretty awesome (never finished it... maybe I should someday).

The GB had some neat game.

I also liked that Motocrossgame with items and stuff.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Compared to the first game's difficulty, this game was totally nerf'd. I beat this in under 2 hours, and was left pouting. SML1 at least got HARDER the second playthrough... <_<

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Compared to the first game's difficulty, this game was totally nerf'd. I beat this in under 2 hours, and was left pouting. SML1 at least got HARDER the second playthrough... <_<

be fair, sml1 was harder only for its controls and because fire mario's fireballs flew all over the place

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually still own the original game. I can't remember if I beat this, but it brought good times during boring summers in middle/high school.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally had time to look at the site and I saw this recommendation and the gamer in me just lit up. This was the first video game that I ever owned in joint with my brother (we pooled our money to buy a couple games and a gameboy to play it when we were little). Our sharing system involved switching whenever someone lost a life and we got so good at the game that we would go for days before the other person got to play with the gameboy. Good times :yaysp:

On a side note, I still have the original cartridge in my closet right next to the pc that I'm typing this on

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh the time I wasted playing this game as a kid... It provided somewhat of a SMB3 feel but it was still very different. The things I liked the most about this game were the secret exits (a la Kirby) and the jelly terrain that let you sink/swim through it. I really wish they had gone with the raccoon tail instead of the rabbit ears though. That was a very strange power and made it frustrating at times trying to get to the secret doors that were high up not to mention the lack of having a tail to hit blocks with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game