GBAtemp Game of the Year 2017 Voting: Nintendo Switch

gbatemp_game_of_the_year_2017.jpg

The thread you've been waiting for is here! Nintendo may have had a successful year with the Nintendo 3DS, but the true star of the show in 2017 was the newly released Nintendo Switch. From revolutionary takes on old classics, to brand new IPs, Nintendo has had many critically acclaimed games in 2017, and now its time for you to pick your favorite to win game of the year!

:arrow: PlayStation Winner: Persona 5
:arrow: PC Winner: Cuphead
:arrow: 3DS Winner: Metroid: Samus Returns

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odyssey for me. Zelda was mediocre imo. No idea why people are creaming their pants over it. It was far from what people have been making it out to be. I want it to go back to linear. Miss the actual difficulty progression and such. Open world was neat once. But please no more open world "any dungeon" bs thanks

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Zelda deserves to win. Mario 2nd.
Xenoblade is my personel favourit.
The list is a little bit odd. Many medicore games like Bomberman, Has been heroes, snake pass and 1-2-switch, but there are many great games missing like e.g. Steamworld Dig 2. Also there is Sonic forces instead of sonic Mania.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
For as heavily flawed as BotW was, I'd still call it the Switch's game of the year. They screwed up a lot of the aspects of basic combat and any semblance of balancing in the game, but I did very much enjoy the layout of the world they built, as well as the mechanics they gave for players to explore it.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Voez is a preatty good game. I see people doesn't voted it, but I don't really know why. I've enjoyed more Sonic Forces and Voez than Z:BOTW and SMO tbh.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh the irony if Breath of the Wild wins on Gbatemp.

Can't really give my opinion since I haven't played anything from this year.

D

Deleted User

I thought Xbox was supposed to be next.
Looks like Breath of the Wild has overtaken Odyssey.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't consider titles which are available already on Wii U as best games of Switch, despite a greatness of BotW & MK8 their place in a predecessor's top list. And out of all what left my Switch's GOTY is Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Also it's sad that there's no Disgaea 5: Complete in the poll.

Last edited by oji,
Reactions: invaderyoyo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show