GBAtemp Exclusive: WiiScrubber

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
All I can say is F**K YEAH! This was the biggest thing I wanted to see come out of decrypting games, although I expected to have to re-jumble it before it was burnt. This is great! Thank-you Dack!
bow.gif
Just wondering, will this influence compatibility in any way?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Great job Dack
smile.gif

Now, which scene group will use it first ?Â
wink.gif

For those how didn't understood yet, this tool is not used to shrink the Iso size so the data to burn is smaller.
It's a tool to replace garbaged and crypted data unused on the Iso file. The resulting ISO is the SAME SIZE as the original, it's just the data which differs, allowing the RARs to better compress the file to be released by the scene/store them on your computer with less size.

Thanks for the clarifcation! It'll be brilliant when release groups begin using this method, and will help my bandwidth
tongue.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost sure that a few days (or weeks...I dunno...cocaine is a hell of a drug) ago, didn't someone mention the possibility of a program like this?

Offtopic: Bonemonkey is back? YAY!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Good job doing this, good idea..

but at this moment it's kind of useless.. afaik, the Wii can't recognize games on CD or more then 1 game on a DVD.. so, even if you are able to change the game size to 10MB.. you still have to use a full DVD disc to burn it! Amirite?

Still.. good job!

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
You are right but it is now possible to transfer the files on t'internet a bit quicker.

I've just sent Thug4L1f3 a pm with a slightly updated version that keeps the first 0x400 bytes of each 'garbage' crypted sector intact. Compression slightly worse but image is a bit less likely to fall foul to the 'random sector read' and check that could possibly be implemented in a future firmware.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Will the groups use it though? They're not 100% accurate releases, if they're "wiped" first...

guess you dont know anything about the gamecube scene then......
starcube were the pioneers of the gamecube garbage wiping method and pretty much all gamecube images had the garbage wiped from them (apart from the first few releases and a couple where it made little to no difference)
it's not a new trick in the scene just a new one in the wii scene and i have no doubt it will catch on(maybe not with this tool as sceners prefer to code their own rather than use public ones)

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
Good job doing this, good idea..

but at this moment it's kind of useless.. afaik, the Wii can't recognize games on CD or more then 1 game on a DVD.. so, even if you are able to change the game size to 10MB.. you still have to use a full DVD disc to burn it! Amirite?

Still.. good job!

You still don't get it either.

This replaces garbage data with FFs and 00s, and only "shrinks" when compresses with rar/zip/whatever.

Here is a rough diagram of what happens:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol