Homebrew GBARunner2

snes666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i must ask have you been able to fix harvest moon and Mario and Luigi superstars saga as those were my childhood favorites

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i must ask have you been able to fix harvest moon and Mario and Luigi superstars saga as those were my childhood favorites
I haven't tested harvest moon, but mario & luigi is still broken. That's a very difficult issue to fix. But I expect you may be able to get past that point once an ingame menu is implemented.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just noticed there was a stupid bug in the previous version that made the metroid games white screen. I quickly fixed it.

Attachments

• 2019-06-30 - 897403a.zip
    224.8 KB · Views: 2,558

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I haven't tested harvest moon, but mario & luigi is still broken. That's a very difficult issue to fix. But I expect you may be able to get past that point once an ingame menu is implemented.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just noticed there was a stupid bug in the previous version that made the metroid games white screen. I quickly fixed it.

What a great,excellent and fast support.Well done Mister.:yaysp:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. :)

Update:Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past works perfect.Load/Save ok.
Update:Crash Bandicoot - The huge Adventure works now.Intro Video is very slow/Sound is crackling.After then the game works perfect.Load/Save ok.
Update:Baldurs Gate - Dark Alliance after GameBoy animation stucks still on WHITE SCREEN,pressed all Keys.
Update:Classic NES Series - Super Mario Bos. still the issue Game Pak Error -Turn the Power off.
Update:Final Fantasy IV
the Intro starts but black Screen,Music is playing (a little crackling).Pressing all Buttons and waited a few Minutes - no progress to play but Music plays continous further.
Update:Final Fantasy VI works very good,on Title Screen and In game Menues a little lagging.Load/Save ok.
Update:Tales of Phantasia works perfect now.Load/Save not tested (I did not get it HOW.:wacko: )
Update:Legend of Spyro - New beginning works great but still the issue with empty InGame text mesages.Save/load ok.
Update:Metroid Fusion works until the Intro Video chnages to the Metroid Serum inject Scene,there begin the game/Intro still to slowdown like a Slideshow.The Game is not hung/did not crashes.
Update Doom II seems to work.After Title Screen on 3D view you only see your hand with the weapon/the rest turns suddenly black.Pressing START for Menu/toogle to MAP view/return to Title screen works.Load/save not tested.
Update:Golden Sun 2 works now perfect.On Saving still the issue with stuck on "Saving.." with quietly sound loop.
Update:EggMania after GameBoy animation still FLASHING WHITE SCREEN.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: Tarmfot

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello. :)

Update:Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past works perfect.Load/Save ok.
Update:Crash Bandicoot - The huge Adventure works now.Intro Video is very slow/Sound is crackling.After then the game works perfect.Load/Save ok.
Update:Baldurs Gate - Dark Alliance after GameBoy animation stucks still on WHITE SCREEN,pressed all Keys.
Update:Classic NES Series - Super Mario Bos. still the issue Game Pak Error -Turn the Power off.
Update:Final Fantasy IV
the Intro starts but black Screen,Music is playing (a little crackling).Pressing all Buttons and waited a few Minutes - no progress to play but Music plays continous further.
Update:Final Fantasy VI works very good,on Title Screen and In game Menues a little lagging.Load/Save ok.
Update:Tales of Phantasia works perfect now.Load/Save not tested (I did not get it HOW.:wacko: )
Update:Legend of Spyro - New beginning works great but still the issue with empty InGame text mesages.Save/load ok.
Update:Metroid Fusion works until the Intro Video chnages to the Metroid Serum inject Scene,there begin the game/Intro still to slowdown like a Slideshow.The Game is not hung/did not crashes.
Update Doom II seems to work.After Title Screen on 3D view you only see your hand with the weapon/the rest turns suddenly black.Pressing START for Menu/toogle to MAP view/return to Title screen works.Load/save not tested.
Update:Golden Sun 2 works now perfect.On Saving still the issue with stuck on "Saving.." with quietly sound loop.
Update:EggMania after GameBoy animation still FLASHING WHITE SCREEN.

Final Fantasy IV works only correctly when you use the wramicache version. You should give that a try. For some games it makes a huge difference (only some don't work with it, the rest works better)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Final Fantasy IV works only correctly when you use the wramicache version. You should give that a try. For some games it makes a huge difference (only some don't work with it, the rest works better)
Yes you are absolutely right.I turned it OFF last time.Sorry,I re-do testing again.I apologize for that.:cry:

Sorry to forget:
Tested on TWiLight Menu v8.5.1 used the two arm7 builds from the 2019-06-30 - 897403a build.

Update:Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past works perfect.Load/Save ok.wram cache off.
Update:Crash Bandicoot - The huge Adventure works now.Intro Video is very slow/Sound is crackling.After then the game works perfect.Load/Save ok.wram cache off
Update:Baldurs Gate - Dark Alliance after GameBoy animation stucks still on WHITE SCREEN,pressed all Keys.wram cache on/off
Update:Classic NES Series - Super Mario Bos. still the issue Game Pak Error -Turn the Power off.wram cache on/off
Update:Final Fantasy IV works perfect.Load/Save ok.wram cache on
Update:Final Fantasy VI works perfect.Load/Save ok.wram cache on
Update:Tales of Phantasia works perfect now.Load/Save not tested (I did not get it HOW.:wacko: ).wram cache off
Update:Legend of Spyro - New beginning works great but still the issue with empty InGame text mesages.Save/load ok.wram cache on/off
Update:Metroid Fusion works until the Intro Video chnages to the Metroid Serum inject Scene,there begin the game/Intro still to slowdown like a Slideshow.The Game is not hung/did not crashes.wram cache on/off
Update Doom II seems to work.After Title Screen on 3D view you only see your hand with the weapon/the rest turns suddenly black.Pressing START for Menu/toogle to MAP view/return to Title screen works.Load/save not tested.wram cache on/off
Update:Golden Sun 2 works now perfect.On Saving still the issue with stuck on "Saving.." with quietly sound loop.wram cache on/off
Update:EggMania after GameBoy animation still FLASHING WHITE SCREEN.wram cache on/off

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: Tarmfot and Gericom

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm missing something basic. Is it possible to remap the controls? I'm just hoping for the alternate scheme for Super Mario World. Y = Run, B = Jump

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry if I'm missing something basic. Is it possible to remap the controls? I'm just hoping for the alternate scheme for Super Mario World. Y = Run, B = Jump
That's not yet possible, but is a planned feature. I agree that those buttons are more preferable btw xD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally got time to setup CI/CD for the GBARunner2 repository. So every time I make a commit, it will now build the binaries and upload them here: https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner2/releases
Now everyone is able to directly try out the latest features and experimental branches without struggling to find the right version of devkitARM and libnds!

Last edited by Gericom,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the quick reply! I look forward to it. I'm good even with an INI or something easy if you don't want to go full GUI with it.
Yeah, you're right that I could probably implement ini options before I implement the actual settings gui. I wanted to save the settings in an ini file anyway, but creating a gui is quite some work, so that's currently holding me back from implementing any settings haha.

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be 100% okay with just editing an ini if you want to start there. Just something simple like this would suffice for me:

A=B
B=Y
L=X
R=A

Madikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for your hard work!
Wouldn't it be more user friendly to add a quick explanation on the github readme for what version to use with which system/SD card combo? (should we use ARM7 vs ARM9 and wramicache vs no-wramicache)

Thanks!

PS: has the save function been restored in the latest commit?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found a regress in two Castlevania games

Aria of sorrow: Inventory and Soul Set menus hangs the game after return to gameplay

Harmony of Dissonance: Hangs on license screen
I'll check it out.
Thanks for your hard work!
Wouldn't it be more user friendly to add a quick explanation on the github readme for what version to use with which system/SD card combo? (should we use ARM7 vs ARM9 and wramicache vs no-wramicache)

Thanks!

PS: has the save function been restored in the latest commit?
It has never been gone?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm talking about SD saving actually, I should have specified it in my previous post, sorry.
Yeah, I didn't know how long ago you last checked of course. The current state is that SD saving is working, the corruption issue has been fixed and most save types are supported without SRAM patching now (I recommend not patching anymore)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I found a regress in two Castlevania games

Aria of sorrow: Inventory and Soul Set menus hangs the game after return to gameplay

Harmony of Dissonance: Hangs on license screen

Confirm that issue in Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow:
When you press START to go to Ingame Menu/Settings and choose"Soul Set" (only that option has the issue) then you leave the menu the Screen gets black or the Player figure is gone.Menu/Map is still accessable.Tested with wramcache on/off.

Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance
US Rom works with wramcache ON/OFF.
EU Rom works with wramcache ON/OFF.

P1050790.JPG P1050791.JPG P1050792.JPG P1050795.JPG

Reactions: Gericom

zeroultima6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found some that regressed or improved a bit:

Final Fantasy IV Advance: works only if its on arm7(9)wram, freezes otherwise
Final Fantasy VI Advance: freezes on boot on either arm7(9) versions
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games: now working, tournament mode no longer freezes
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories: no longer has glitchy FMVs (i hope)
Lady Sia: Audio out of sync
Magical Vacation: freezes past the title screen
Mega Man Zero 1-4: freezes on contact damage (cutscenes or gameplay) on either arm7(9) versions

EDIT: all on 06-30-2019 version

Last edited by zeroultima6,
Reactions: Tarmfot and Gericom
D

Deleted User

I can confirm the issue @alexander1970 found in Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (E).
Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance (E) works. Both games are clean No-Intro roms.
I used both arm9 build from the Commit 03f8646 (2019/07/01) release.

Edit: Dancing Sword - Senkou (J) no longer works. The game works with Commit a903967 (03-06-2019).

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back