GBARunner2

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Gericom, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Gericom
    OP

Gericom GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 30, 2011
    Netherlands
    Only if it uses bootstrap. Further are there a couple of flashcard kernels that can boot gbarunner2 and also wood r4 at least.

ber71 and alexander1970 like this.
  2. sys64738

sys64738 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    Hungary
    I will update GBARUNNER2 on my DSi, using Hiya CFW and TwilightMenu++ from SD Card. Previous releases had 2 files :
    -GBARUNNER.NDS and GBARUNNER_wramicahce.nds

But the new releases have just one file...
    What must i copy to my SD Card and where and what to renaming?

3. Gericom
    OP

Gericom GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 30, 2011
    Netherlands
    First update twilightmenu and bootstrap to the latest nightly. Then use the arm7dldi_dsi version.

Tarmfot and alexander1970 like this.
  4. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    Hello, today I updated GBARunner and now it says Error SCFG Locked! when I try to launch, anything I need?

5. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    You need the nightly nds-bootstrap.
    Get it using the TWLMenu++ Updater, then switch to Nightly in TWLMenu++ Settings.

MAXLEMPIRA and alexander1970 like this.
  6. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    I don't have access to 3DS right now, not to say that I do a Manually instalation too, but, would be possible to give a link to download the nightly for my DSi?

7. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    @Gericom, I just wanted to pass by to tell you how good gbarunner2 runs with the latest bootstrap.
    V-Rally 3, Advance Guardian Heroes and Donkey Kong Country 3 all run full speed on my 3ds.

8. tomrev

tomrev GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    Hi, @Gericom. May I ask to look into saving error in Shining soul 2? I want to play this game in my DSi.

9. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
  10. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    I installed the latest twilightmenu release, but GBA games boot to a black screen on my new3DS while they load fine on my DSi.
    If I rename the gbarunner2 dsi version to 3ds, it works on my 3DS as well.
    Edit:
    Disabling the bios-intro skip fixed it on 3DS.

Last edited by Wuigi, Sep 27, 2019
  11. Gericom
    OP

Gericom GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 30, 2011
    Netherlands
    Hmm, interesting.

12. Frisoree

Frisoree Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    Just wondering, in the near future could cheat support be a thing? Regardless thanks for making this homebrew I'm finally able to play pokemon emerald again on my ds since I don't have my old cartridge anymore :)

Last edited by Frisoree, Sep 27, 2019
    Gericom likes this.
  13. RaymanTheHedgehog

RaymanTheHedgehog Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2019
    Venezuela
    Barinas, Venezuela
    Maybe a Cheat Database (ala usrcheat.dat) would help to get a easy implementation, but someone needs to be wild enough to test every cheat code for every gba title (i don't know if exist something like usrcheat.dat for gba, but i highly doubt that can happen)

alexander1970 likes this.
  14. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Please give it to me,I have the Time and Endurance....:evil:

Tarmfot, andreiarturo, ber71 and 3 others like this.
  15. Gericom
    OP

Gericom GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 30, 2011
    Netherlands
    Does such a database exist? I wonder how hard it would be to implement cheats in gbarunner2.

alexander1970 likes this.
  16. JeffRuLz

JeffRuLz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    United States
    Late reply I know, but I think I have an answer for this. It has something to do with the wireless adapter. Play with it plugged in and it transitions smoothly, take it out and you get black frames.
    This also explains why this also happens in Emerald but not Ruby and Sapphire.

Tarmfot and andreiarturo like this.
  17. RaymanTheHedgehog

RaymanTheHedgehog Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2019
    Venezuela
    Barinas, Venezuela
    Well, i was doing some research about a cheat database for GBA (mostly are for CycloDS and DSTwo), i get an idea about making the implementation in the same way has many emulators do (a .CHT file), just need to collect cheat codes from the web and test each one has possible (but a ingame menu will be needed for accelerate the things a bit).

I suggest this page for search cheat codes (their are Gameshark obviously):
    https://www.neoseeker.com/Games/gameshark_codes/GBA/ame

Tarmfot and alexander1970 like this.
  18. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    I tested gbarunner with my acekard 2i running AKAIO and it doesn't boot to the game select menu.
    With the wood 1.62 mod for the gw blue card it runs some games well, but interestingly has the same compatibility issues the dsi version had for some time:
    Pokemon games except leaf green and fire red boot to a white screen, mother 3 crashes after the first part of the intro, I have no idea why, but maybe due to the memory limitation.

Last edited by Wuigi, Sep 29, 2019
  19. KyogreGaming

KyogreGaming Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2019
    United States
    Have you SRAM patched the roms? According to the entry for frlg and ruby and sapphire in the comparability list, it says you have to SRAM patch the rom for those games to boot. I know there is a good patcher for SRAM patching called gbata but I don't have a link to it at the moment.

Edit: Didn't read what you said quite right. I had a similar problem with my R4, I had to run an older version on it for some games to work. It's probably a memory problem.

Also while on the topic of pokemon, I managed to boot Emerald on the latest gbarunner2 with twilightmenu++ on my dsi and it runs pretty well, except the timing on one of the audio channels appears to be off as listening to the music at either the title screen or the new game part, you can easily notice that one of the channels is a bit faster than the rest. I'm not sure if it's game specific or not, but it's the case for at least Emerald.

Last edited by KyogreGaming, Sep 30, 2019
    Tarmfot and JosephNeale like this.
  20. TheTrueDream42

TheTrueDream42 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    All of the main Pokemon games have timing issue for the music.

On that subject, I tried tuning off the i-patch for those games one time. They run just fine at full speed, but the music becomes really messed up and glitchy sounding.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted