Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Dalkaionyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I use the newest version of twilight menu ++ and I was wondering if it is possible for the forwarders to be used with that. And if it isnt possible what other NDS emulator would allow me to create CIA Forwarders?
If it is possible to use TW++ please give me instructions because i'm having a hard time!

Last edited by Dalkaionyt,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 is there any chance that nds forwarder will support the new features of nds bootstrap specifically patching on the fly?
The SD card forwarder template has been updated!
  • Now checks for AP fix .ips files at "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/apfix/" or "sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/apfix/", and writes one to "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap.ini".
  • Deletes cheat data .bin files at "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/", due to the forwarders not supporting cheats.
  • The .nds path on TWLNAND side is now passed to the SD card side via argv!
  • Modern homebrew is now properly booted without nds-bootstrap!
  • DS splash screen has been removed.
Please download and extract the latest forwarder pack from the first post, and update the forwarder template in Forwarder3-DS, and remake your forwarders.
I know I said before that it was the last time you needed to remake the forwarders, but the argv solution required a change on the TWLNAND side of the forwarder template.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I use the newest version of twilight menu ++ and I was wondering if it is possible for the forwarders to be used with that. And if it isnt possible what other NDS emulator would allow me to create CIA Forwarders?
Forwarders can be used without TWiLight Menu++.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Dalkaionyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Now checks for AP fix .ips files at "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/apfix/" or "sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/apfix/".
  • Deletes cheat data .bin files at "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/", due to the forwarders not supporting cheats.
Please download the latest forwarder pack from the first post, and update the forwarder template in Forwarder3-DS, and remake your forwarders.

Okay so where do I put the .nds file in my SD card before I put it into the Forwarder and then when it gives me the nds forwarder file where do I put that?

Dalkaionyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have Java installed.
I had this problem! You have to extract the zipped folder before you try to open the .jar because the computer cant access the files it needs to run the .jar when the folder is zipped.

Anywhere on the SD card.

Nowhere.
I'm definitely missing something here. When I try to run the game on my home menu is says "SD card template not found"

Auriosh

Trophies
Website
myvideogamelist.com
XP
Country
Brazil
  • Now checks for AP fix .ips files at "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/apfix/" or "sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/apfix/", and writes one to "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap.ini".
  • DS splash screen has been removed.
Please download and extract the latest forwarder pack from the first post, and update the forwarder template in Forwarder3-DS, and remake your forwarders.
I know I said before that it was the last time you needed to remake the forwarders, but the argv solution required a change on the TWLNAND side of the forwarder template.

is there still a limit of 40?

UltraSyko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was already answered, but can you use widescreen patches for the forwarder, if not, can it theoretically be done and is it planned for the future

Dalkaionyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't download and extract the SD card pack.
What do I extract the files into? Do I just add the whole new _nds folder to the root of my sd card or take the files out of the _nds folder and putt them into my already existing _nds folder? Sorry if I am really confusing.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was already answered, but can you use widescreen patches for the forwarder, if not, can it theoretically be done and is it planned for the future
It can be done, but it's likely hard, and would increase boot time, so it's not planned.

What do I extract the files into? Do I just add the whole new _nds folder to the root of my sd card or take the files out of the _nds folder and putt them into my already existing _nds folder? Sorry if I am really confusing.
It says so in the first post.
For SD card
  • Extract what's in "for SD card root" to the root of the 3DS SD card.
How is this avoidable?
EDIT: Should be more visible now.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: Dalkaionyt

Dalkaionyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be done, but it's likely hard, and would increase boot time, so it's not planned.

It says so in the first post.

How is this avoidable?
Okay so it doesn't say error anymore but when I open it up it has a black screen on the top and white on the bottom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over