Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
When I perform a reset (Fire red) the game crashes. Reset system works ?
If you're talking about soft-resetting, that might be a limitation of the emulator in DS-Mode, or just a plain limitation.

If you're talking about the emulator's reset in its menu, that hasn't worked for as long as I can remember.

DarkYoko

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the answer.
I have another little problem with Fire red. I start the game with the patch, I do not have a bug in a meeting etc..
But when I save with Y and I raise the game, the backup does not start. It made ​​me start from the beginning. I tried loader backup, but the problem is still there.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the answer.
I have another little problem with Fire red. I start the game with the patch, I do not have a bug in a meeting etc..
But when I save with Y and I raise the game, the backup does not start. It made ​​me start from the beginning. I tried loader backup, but the problem is still there.
1) You have to save in-game, then press Y.
2) Standard US ROMs have a known issue where saving works only ~5% of the time. Try the [f1] ROM.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I could only get arm9.nds and hwspeedup.nds to compile, the others errored out and I was way too lazy to read through that mess of compiler warnings and stuff to see what the issue was. I don't use this emulator so I don't know if they by themselves are useful or not, but here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uosxl8oes95wa

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are [f1] roms?

Most people don't realize, but the majority of the ROM's available for download online have been tampered with and may have bugs in and of themselves, regardless of what emulator you run them on.

The [f1] he is referring to is a "fixed" version of the game released by (I believe) by Nintendo after the release of the original game to fix known issues or bugs in the code in the original cart.

To find out if your ROM is an unmodified original, and if it is the [f1] version or not, you need to do a hash of the file and compare it to a hash made from a known "clean" dump of the game. To do this, you need two things:

1) A trustworthy database of hashes from clean dumps of games
2) A client program that can scan your game, make a hash, and compare it to the one in the database

For the database, you can get a pretty good one from the "No-Intro" group. Google/Bing it. The program I have found to be most n00b-friendly for scanning games and making hashes is called RomCenter.

Use those two together. If your game doesn't match any of the hashes in the database, it has been tampered with. If it does match one, it will tell you which version of the game you are using and if you would like to rename the file.

TackyPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people don't realize, but the majority of the ROM's available for download online have been tampered with and may have bugs in and of themselves, regardless of what emulator you run them on.

The [f1] he is referring to is a "fixed" version of the game released by (I believe) by Nintendo after the release of the original game to fix known issues or bugs in the code in the original cart.

To find out if your ROM is an unmodified original, and if it is the [f1] version or not, you need to do a hash of the file and compare it to a hash made from a known "clean" dump of the game. To do this, you need two things:

1) A trustworthy database of hashes from clean dumps of games
2) A client program that can scan your game, make a hash, and compare it to the one in the database

For the database, you can get a pretty good one from the "No-Intro" group. Google/Bing it. The program I have found to be most n00b-friendly for scanning games and making hashes is called RomCenter.

Use those two together. If your game doesn't match any of the hashes in the database, it has been tampered with. If it does match one, it will tell you which version of the game you are using and if you would like to rename the file.
ok thanks

Does anyone know if pokemon light platinum works with this?

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a complete noob when it comes to compiling stuff, and whenever I try to do so with Programmer's Notepad, I get this error:
Code:
"make": *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
I just slide the Makefile into the program like I read on some websites, make, and this is what I get every single time. Could someone either explain to me what I'm doing wrong (probably everything, I have absolutely no knowledge when it comes to this) or link their already compiled build, please ?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Really? I thought crackers tampered with [f1] ROMs. I always assumed official edits were made available under "v1.02" or such ROM names.

Reactions: PityOnU

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, [f1] refers to AP code being removed by dumpers/crackers. Official revisions are given the 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, etc. labels.

EDIT: Edited the title to include the name of the emulator, since we got some confused people.

Hm, interesting. I never knew that. I wonder how that kind of thing made it into No-Intro then... Or maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll stay away from [f] ROM's in the future.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hm, interesting. I never knew that. I wonder how that kind of thing made it into No-Intro then... Or maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll stay away from [f] ROM's in the future.
The rules that state releases must be clean wasn't always around, for example you can find patched, translated, and hacked SNES ROM with tags all over the place.

The reason the "fixed" ROMs work is that the AP was removed. It's rarely needed nowadays because modern backup technology can be easily updated to prevent the AP from becoming an issue, but back in the days of SNES cart copiers and such, there was no such thing as constant firmware updates.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The rules that state releases must be clean wasn't always around, for example you can find patched, translated, and hacked SNES ROM with tags all over the place.

The reason the "fixed" ROMs work is that the AP was removed. It's rarely needed nowadays because modern backup technology can be easily updated to prevent the AP from becoming an issue, but back in the days of SNES cart copiers and such, there was no such thing as constant firmware updates.
and not to mention that the AP codes were <WICKED>.
I think i'll better start making a tutorial video...(on how to use this emu)... 'cause i bet half of this whole thread is full of---"How do i get this to run?" posts.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are many people who are able and willing to test.
But this Tester would need something like aircrack-ng too.
for some reason fire red ( us & europe (f1) ) crashes when i encounter wild pokemon
use the patch that comes with the bins
and not to mention that the AP codes were <WICKED>.
I think i'll better start making a tutorial video...(on how to use this emu)... 'cause i bet half of this whole thread is full of---"How do i get this to run?" posts.

would be a good idea
Yeah, [f1] refers to AP code being removed by dumpers/crackers. Official revisions are given the 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, etc. labels.

EDIT: Edited the title to include the name of the emulator, since we got some confused people.

thanks
I'm a complete noob when it comes to compiling stuff, and whenever I try to do so with Programmer's Notepad, I get this error:
Code:
"make": *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
I just slide the Makefile into the program like I read on some websites, make, and this is what I get every single time. Could someone either explain to me what I'm doing wrong (probably everything, I have absolutely no knowledge when it comes to this) or link their already compiled build, please ?
use the cmd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom