Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have time.

ADD Even if it would work I would need someone who make the patches for the games (it is simple just follow a tut and it takes about 4 min per game. Most games should work without lag and better sound with that patches. In some exceptions it may takes some more time or the tut fails).

If you or someone else can make a tutorial, I will be glad to make patches for games. I've finished exams,etc so now I have loads of time to do things like that.

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I really appreciate what your hard work ichichfly! Breathing life into these old R4 flash cards and using a hypervisor for emulation; genius. This goes on my list of top homebrew apps along with moonshell and DSorganize.

Something interesting I have found:

I am using the [f1] version of Fire Red with savetypeautomatic, but I am getting the "save file is corrupted error," and the save file is only 64KB, which doesn't work for Pokemon saves, but if I set it to 128KB, it says "the save file has been deleted..." I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject but I assume it would be an easy fix?

Nonetheless, great job and I hope to see a continuation of development again at some point! :)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I really appreciate what your hard work ichichfly! Breathing life into these old R4 flash cards and using a hypervisor for emulation; genius. This goes on my list of top homebrew apps along with moonshell and DSorganize.

Something interesting I have found:

I am using the [f1] version of Fire Red with savetypeautomatic, but I am getting the "save file is corrupted error," and the save file is only 64KB, which doesn't work for Pokemon saves, but if I set it to 128KB, it says "the save file has been deleted..." I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject but I assume it would be an easy fix?

Nonetheless, great job and I hope to see a continuation of development again at some point! :)

Save game ingame 2 timed if said it's corrupted.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you or someone else can make a tutorial, I will be glad to make patches for games. I've finished exams,etc so now I have loads of time to do things like that.

I will post the tut and the program once it works.

so any change log?
Anyone tested any games that weren't running?

ichfly said:
r41

added auto detectadded lcdSwap if second arg is set to '1'
added capture_and_pars mode
fixed syncline input

alpha 1

added new UI (also gives the emulator more free ram)
added press Y to save the save
added DMA sound
changed break menue combination to A+B+UP

fix 1
fixed bug that prevents the emulator from loading saves in some cases
fixed accociations.ini is now in the __rpg folder as it should be

The rest is on git

What error do you get when you try to compile the hbmenu?

ADD A new video where I explain the settings is uploading hope that it is more understandable than the other. The Quality is not good because I don't have fast Internet so it would take way to long to upload the Video in full Quality.

tysonrss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the latest beta of Liquid Crystal patched on the F1 rom of Firered works?

I would imagine no since the memory structure and other things are changed.

Diego Liberal

Old School Gamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For some reason i can't start on any of my devices :(

DSLite + Original R4 + WoodR4 1.53
3DS XL + Supercard DSTwo

It just says that my card (it reads it's name) is not compatible and that may not work and asks to press A
to continue and then it stays on a white screen :/

Can someone help me, explain, etc?

PS: I have other ways to run GBA games, my DSTwo card runs it and i already bought the EZFlash 3-in-1 (waiting for the delivery)
but i find this project so nice and amazing that i would like to give a try :)

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly never thought it was doable - a semi-decent GBA emulator for DS - but it turns out it was.

While this project still has a long way to go, at the moment it's VERY good. I've tested a few games, and while many don't work, there are a few that work as well if not better than the emulator on the DS-Two.

All that needs to be done to this emulator is sound, fix the glitches around the edges of the screen, and a (massive) boost in game compatiablity and we have a working GBA emulator for the DS!

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I honestly never thought it was doable - a semi-decent GBA emulator for DS - but it turns out it was.

While this project still has a long way to go, at the moment it's VERY good. I've tested a few games, and while many don't work, there are a few that work as well if not better than the emulator on the DS-Two.

All that needs to be done to this emulator is sound, fix the glitches around the edges of the screen, and a (massive) boost in game compatiablity and we have a working GBA emulator for the DS!

There is sound you can select the sound Versions when starting a game.

which is the latest version ?
alpha 1 fix 1

For some reason i can't start on any of my devices :(

DSLite + Original R4 + WoodR4 1.53
3DS XL + Supercard DSTwo

It just says that my card (it reads it's name) is not compatible and that may not work and asks to press A
to continue and then it stays on a white screen :/

Can someone help me, explain, etc?

PS: I have other ways to run GBA games, my DSTwo card runs it and i already bought the EZFlash 3-in-1 (waiting for the delivery)
but i find this project so nice and amazing that i would like to give a try :)

are the files in the root of the SD?

Add: I think the new Version is going to be available around new Year. Not sure if I have enough time but I hope so.

Trophies
XP
Country
When you're done selected the gba file in hbmenu that came with alpha 1 fix 1.
OK, I've either missed something, or I don't have the latest version... I'll try later...

Add: I think the new Version is ready around new Year. Not sure if I have enough time but I hope so.
Will the compatiability get a big boost, because that would be wonderful :)

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well maybe lol