Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know, but when we finish to add roms, we save a new .GBA file with many roms added, the goomba.font, it's the tool that we can make this conversion.

Did you tested?? I lend my DSi XL to my friend, so I can't test.

Daniel Carville

Fantastic.
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dcvidya.com
XP
Country
Considering this thread is 81 pages long, forgive me if this has been answered before!
I know enough about emulation to know that what you are doing is very impressive, but I'd assume that this will never be "perfect"? I'd love to switch to my 3DS permanently for GBA gaming, do you think we'll see a day where that would be plausible? Just curious!

Warioss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ichichfly: I'd like to know if it'll be possible to enhance the gameplay of Pokemon FireRed(E). I refer to graphic's bugs and the save problem(although i'm able to solve this problem pressing A+B+R+L). Obviously I don't want to put you hurry, especially for the school which is a common problem ... I just want to know if ever there will be further enhancements in particular for the abovementioned rom. Thanks you in advance.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK the first patch with the new patcher appears to have worked (the patcher to increase the compatibility) but the patcher is not very user friendly.

add I will do some more testings before I release it.

add that was far easier than I expected B-)

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
^
Tried it. Goomba Runs fine, which is weird. I mean you press L+R and you can see all the menu options, but the emulated game won't show up.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
^
Tried it. Goomba Runs fine, which is weird. I mean you press L+R and you can see all the menu options, but the emulated game won't show up.
Than it is 90% certain that Goomba use LCD H-Blank irqs or Direct Color values 0..7FFFh. Both are currently disabled as they consume to much CPU and are not used in most games.

LCD H-Blank irqs work if you patch the code with the new patcher (release soon) as it reduce the CPU that is required for that.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is the first patch it fixes minish cap (it now works with sound. not really good sound but it works)
works on alpha 2 and up

Attachments

• patch.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 177

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do I make the alpha 1 fix1 version work? Everytime I try to open a rom the emulator freezes when I select the loader.
have you copied it to the root of your SD card ?
HOw to Apply the patch???
select it and load it as patch in the gba emulator

ADD update alpha 2 fix 4

UI impr.
mir irq impr.
patch support
closed DS irq now halts the gba game
This update provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will improve the overall system performance (compatibility impr.)

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
when was alpha2 fix4 released?:huh:
Would anyone mind to upload it?:download:

add1- ichfly, i want to ask, could game compatibility be increased with patches?
add2- if possible(It does look like it is), would you please release release some patches for (some) popular games like the megaman bn series?

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when was alpha2 fix4 released?:huh:
Would anyone mind to upload it?:download:

add1- ichfly, i want to ask, could game compatibility be increased with patches?
add2- if possible(It does look like it is), would you please release release some patches for (some) popular games like the megaman bn series?

Today
go to http://ichfly.github.com/gbaemu4DS/meta.html there is the download

add1 yes that is the reason I made this patches
add2 I don't have many games but there is a patchkit but it is not easy to use
add3 The patchkit http://www.mediafire.com/?m6rk7pl40ak3k1u but the documentation is not ready yet and all buttons are in German

Reactions: raystriker

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLRDMXX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=...