Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

DarkMuha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Amazing thing indeed to find a gbaemu for the ds after so much was said that it couldn't be done. I wonder how that feels to you to make the supposedly impossible possible :D Anyway I continue to look forward to everything you do, and thanks so much! Pretty soon, the possibility to have every Main Pokemon game on one cartridge (without a super card) will come true!

Still can't be done, show me the gba emu that can play all commercial roms in existence for ds without a supercard dstwo
you say it : STILL
it will be done by ichfly !!!
i think that you don't know how hard it is to develop good homebrews like emulators etc.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who says? People said you couldn't even create a gab emu for ds and they did. People said "You can make one but it won't run any games" And yet this one so far can run two at 100%. Its all a work in progress, and eventually you may even be proven wrong

DarkMuha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it can't be done

it can be done
everybody said, that the psp isnt good enough to emulate n64 -> and then a n64 emulator with almost all games suppored ;)
so why shouldnt gba work or better why áre some games working on the emulator ?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly pointless flamewar going on here. I'm very happy that I was proven wrong in my multiple statements of "GBA on the DS will never happen", though it's unrealistic to expect every game to work at 100%

Be happy with what you've got, folks.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly pointless flamewar going on here. I'm very happy that I was proven wrong in my multiple statements of "GBA on the DS will never happen", though it's unrealistic to expect every game to work at 100%

Be happy with what you've got, folks.

thats my point, thank you DanTheManMS

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i havnt posted here for a while. anyways tried some games. need to add to compatability list. btw why is r28 called code_container.nds instead of the usual hyperspeedup.nds?

EDIT: might have to do it later or tommorow. my cellphone doesn't want to log into wikitemp (a mobile version of wikitemp would be good)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Amazing thing indeed to find a gbaemu for the ds after so much was said that it couldn't be done. I wonder how that feels to you to make the supposedly impossible possible :D Anyway I continue to look forward to everything you do, and thanks so much! Pretty soon, the possibility to have every Main Pokemon game on one cartridge (without a super card) will come true!
On a DS Lite or even DSi, I doubt it would even be close to emulating a Pokemon game. But maybe one day it will be possible with either a 3DS hack or something.
Either way, I will agree. Through the years there have been naysayers about a GBA emulator for the DS, but now there is one. Good work, ichichfly! :yay:

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i havnt posted here for a while. anyways tried some games. need to add to compatability list. btw why is r28 called code_container.nds instead of the usual hyperspeedup.nds?

EDIT: might have to do it later or tommorow. my cellphone doesn't want to log into wikitemp (a mobile version of wikitemp would be good)

I have packed the arm7 and arm9 together in a folder called code_container, in order to upload it to git. So the resulting file is named code_container.nds now.

On a DS Lite or even DSi, I doubt it would even be close to emulating a Pokemon game. But maybe one day it will be possible with either a 3DS hack or something.
Either way, I will agree. Through the years there have been naysayers about a GBA emulator for the DS, but now there is one. Good work, ichichfly! :yay:

+1 but I try to get Pokemon working.

loco365

Trophies
XP

I have packed the arm7 and arm9 together in a folder called code_container, in order to upload it to git. So the resulting file is named code_container.nds now.

If you got Pokemon working, I would be forever grateful.

Yaseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

If you got Pokemon working, I would be forever grateful.
So would I, I have every other pokemon game on my R4i Gold, if you get pokemon to working on the GBA emulator I would be :) :D :P :lol: and this emulator would be the love of my live

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this emu is going to get really good! :) ichfly ur the best! it runs homenrew with 3d graphics too. one day this emu is going to be the best

DarkMuha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tested Pokemon Emerald (D) Still not working.
Zelda A Link To the Past is starting now but its crashing just after the start with an white screen.
Another World is working now.
Mario Kart has still Grafik bugs.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update r30

now 2 irq systems --> switch in https://github.com/i...chflysettings.h (gba_handel_IRQ_correct) one for new homebrew and com. roms and one for old homebrew
new setting emulate_cpu_speed (https://github.com/i...chflysettings.h)
Graphic fix for Defi_noel_2007

ADD: if you get a white screen at the start it is possible that only the grafic is not working and the game is still working in the background and the grafic resync after a while

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU