Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
MSaki said:
not getting off topic but if everyone has that much of a problem with dsi and slot 2 just find the pinouts and solder a slot back on one or just upgrade the ram chip.....who cares i like my dsi xl the way it is

also this is for dsi and ds without slot2 carts as lots of people either don't want to pay $40 or just like to see the progress of a gba emulator running without slot 2 cart as i tested the goomba gba emu and sonic 1 gba homebrew re-make it ran very well.

also slot 1 cards like iplayer and others who have the built in ram isnt fun to me as its running from in the card not the actual system......

night
WOAH WOAH WOAH, back up there!

Isn't Goomba a GBC emu?

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK some on in a chat asked me to make this post

thing I am currently working on or are working but the ex_s.s is to buggy to release it yet

swi without patching (working on 90%)
dsi mode (seems to work)
some fixes for games
256Mbit gba rom support for r4i gold 3DS (todo)

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You get sponsorised as i can see.
smile.gif

I'm glad at last a team sent you a flashcart, shame on team cyclops.
tongue.gif

BTW, i can't wait to see the next version.
yay.gif

Sounds promising !

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Wait... I just had an idea.

If running in DSi Mode, would it be possible to use the SD Card's free space as a sort of memory extension?
Kind of like how Windows ReadyBoost works. I don't see why not!

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fishaman P said:
Wait... I just had an idea.

If running in DSi Mode, would it be possible to use the SD Card's free space as a sort of memory extension?
Kind of like how Windows ReadyBoost works. I don't see why not!

this is the way the r4i gold 3DS 256mbit support will work. Not exactly the same but it can be compaired to that. The dldi has not the right functions for that even in dsi mode. The main thing that speed this up is that the rom is not writeable on the gba so we only need read no write functions.

anyway in dsi mode it has 14,5 Mbyte mem for gba files.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thakadesign said:
then I can assume that the load roms dslite up to 7 mb in size ... because if the dsi carries 14mb ..????

Uh no DS Lite only has 4MB ram and you'll be working with less than that due to the application/emulator taking up some space.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In other words we wont ever be able to play commercial games with this on DS? I got a Ez 3 in 1 so i don't mind, but it would be quite an achievement if you could play commercial games. Although i did see in the OP that there is some commercial game support, but that seems to be only worth it on DSi.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:
In other words we wont ever be able to play commercial games with this on DS? I got a Ez 3 in 1 so i don't mind, but it would be quite an achievement if you could play commercial games. Although i did see in the OP that there is some commercial game support, but that seems to be only worth it on DSi.
Actually, I'm not quite sure about that, although I was informed that at least the Classic NES Series games booted to the Error screen.
Also, "worth it" is a colossal overstatement. HOMEBREW gets 50-200% speed. Commercial ROMs, if they work, are/will be MUCH slower.

So maybe see if the Classic NES Series games give an error in NES font with DS Mode?

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fishaman P said:
kevan said:
Actually, I'm not quite sure about that, although I was informed that at least the Classic NES Series games booted to the Error screen.
Also, "worth it" is a colossal overstatement. HOMEBREW gets 50-200% speed. Commercial ROMs, if they work, are/will be MUCH slower.

So maybe see if the Classic NES Series games give an error in NES font with DS Mode?

the 200% is because of the bus and timer speed it is more a bug than anything other.

The hyperspeedup work this way it generate an arear for the gba file lock some mem regions gba card etc. and jump into this arear. As long as the gba file don't access I/O or the gba card(exeption if the game run in the gbacard region and loads it by an pc relative read than it is as fast as on the gba) it run full speed. If the game use this regions the calls got emulated so it is mutch slower but most if the time it is still ok and the game run full speed or half speed the only problemes are videos or things like that that need to load mutch data from the gba card also the sound is a big probleme because it needs many writes to tje I/O register so this make the game slow.

commercial game work on hw speedup and arm9 but only if there used data arear is lower than the one you have allocated also some game work a while if you use a smaler alloc than the actually used game data on the gbacard

ADD: can someone test commercial games on the hyperspeedup version

ADD2: i am currently away from my pc so i can't develop or test it for a while

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ichichfly said:
Fishaman P said:
kevan said:

the 200% is because of the bus and timer speed it is more a bug than anything other.

The hyperspeedup work this way it generate an arear for the gba file lock some mem regions gba card etc. and jump into this arear. As long as the gba file don't access I/O or the gba card(exeption if the game run in the gbacard region and loads it by an pc relative read than it is as fast as on the gba) it run full speed. If the game use this regions the calls got emulated so it is mutch slower but most if the time it is still ok and the game run full speed or half speed the only problemes are videos or things like that that need to load mutch data from the gba card also the sound is a big probleme because it needs many writes to tje I/O register so this make the game slow.

commercial game work on hw speedup and arm9 but only if there used data arear is lower than the one you have allocated also some game work a while if you use a smaler alloc than the actually used game data on the gbacard

More than I needed to know, but congratulations on getting commercial ROMs running!

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the emulator works with sudokuhax, I'd more than happy to test out commercial roms on my DSi.
I tested out your emulator a long time ago so you going to have to tell me the steps of how to get it running.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ichichfly said:
Fishaman P said:
kevan said:

The Rev.13 is reported as a virus when i try to download it from mediafire. WTF ?!

http://ichfly.github.com/gbaemu4DS/

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wtf that can't be well OK I upload the src of the patcher as soon as possible so everyone can compile it and check that ther is no Virus.

ADD: this needs 1 Week (because I am away from my pc) so don't download r13 now untill i know why there is a Virus inside

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1