GBA to NDS conversion

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dire-x, Dec 26, 2007.

Dec 26, 2007

GBA to NDS conversion by dire-x at 9:43 PM (2,164 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. dire-x
    OP

Newcomer dire-x Member

United States
    Hello there peoples! I've been looking around for a while to see if there was a way to emulate a GBA through slot-1 on the NDS. Finds out there isn't (yet). I was wondering if anyone knows of a tool that will convert GBA games into NDS games. I figure that since there is a program to convert GB/GBC games into GBA games that their might be a way to cnovert GBA to NDS.

If there is absolutely no tool like this or it's no even feasible then what would be the cheapest slot-2 device that would play GBA games that I could buy?

Sorry if this has been asked already but I've done some searching and haven't gottena conclusive answer from anywhere.

2. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    No tool like this. The 'program to convert GB/GBC games into GBA games' is an emulator (specifically Goomba (Color)).

Just remember that DS mode is very different from GBA mode, and no GBA emulator for DS mode exists.

3. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Not possible...NDS uses an ARM9 processor, GBA an ARM7, both with DIFFERENT instruction sets and technical limitations and features.

A lot of people ask for GBA emulators for slot-1, surprises me you didnt find any topics >_>

The cheapest would probably using the EZ 3-in-1 expansion for Slot-1 flashcards (allows you to write GBA games to it permanently (but rewritable)) or maybe get the M3 Perfect Lite if you don't care about money, best GBA+NDS Slot-2 flashcart around in my opinion

4. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Why. WHY???? are people still making topics about this?

Hopefully you realize that the "Tool to convert GB/GBC games" is just a emulator frontend. The games aren't "converted."

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    There is a tool to "convert" *.gba files into *.nds files, but like Goomba Color it is just a frontend that leaves the original data intact, and it only works if you have a slot-2 EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack. The .nds file merely copies the GBA game data to the slot-2 card and launches it from there.