Hardware GBA Save Backup?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am struggling with dial up right now so you will have to do some searching for links but eepinator can back up SRAM saves (not EEPROM or flash though).

If you have a DLDI capable GBA slot cart that can run GBA code there is savsender by Chism.

n45800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried eepinator and the save dumper in GBALdr. Both don't work. Using GBALdr gives me a 512 Kilobyte file every time, for every game using SRAM and Flash, none of them seem to work.
I'm testing eepinator to dump the SRAM from Pinobee, dumping the SRAM gives me a 64 kilobyte file filled with 00000000 (hex), the .sav file created using a ROM on a EZFlash 3-in-1 is a 128 kilobyte file.
I have a EZFlash 3-in-1, but no other slot-2 card. Since there is no DLDI for the 3-in-1, that option is gone.
hate2.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think any GBA game used 512 kilobyte saves. 128 kilobyte is one of the newer types, and no flash cart I'm aware supports normal in-game saving or QPC with that kind on commercial GBA ROMs.

64 kilobyte is very common. Most emulators and flash carts consider it the default, or only, natively supported size.

n45800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think any GBA game used 512 kilobyte saves. 128 kilobyte is one of the newer types, and no flash cart I'm aware supports normal in-game saving or QPC with that kind on commercial GBA ROMs.

64 kilobyte is very common. Most emulators and flash carts consider it the default, or only, natively supported size.

That's the thing, GBALdr bugs out and dumps an (seemingly random) 512 Kb file. Eepinator saves the right size, but a completely empty file.

I thought eepinator was for ripping DS game saves.
Among other things...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1