GBA Flash Cart for NDS.

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Alcarajo, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Alcarajo
    OP

Alcarajo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    Hello!

In a few days i will buy a nintendo ds lite and i plan to buy a cart to play GBA games. I already have an R4i 3ds and i was wondering what else i should buy? Do i need the EZ Flash IV or the EZ FLash V 3 in 1?

Does the EZ Flash V 3 in 1 work with the R4 i have?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The 3 in 1 is a so called GBA expansion pack. It uses the DS slot to load games from, save games to and generally manage it. They used to be a bit cheaper so people went in for them, today there might not be much in it. The EZTeam (the makers of the 3 in 1) released the source code to it all so yeah it works on everything with a DLDI patch if you use a program like gba exploader http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-gba-exploader-0-58b-f3680.html

The EZ4 was aimed at the early DS market, however it remains about the only good standalone GBA capable flash cart available so people have latched onto it. It will work just fine by itself, indeed the methods of using it with an R4 (as in running code from the R4 to manage it) are generally not advised. You will want a miniSD to go with it, the 3 in 1 will be standalone.

3. BestR4i3DS.com

BestR4i3DS.com GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    United States
    you already have a R4i card, so ,only get a EZ-flash 3in1 is ok (R4i + Ez-flash 3in1 , good partner to play GBA roms)
    no need to buy the expensive EZ4

4. Alcarajo
    OP

Alcarajo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    Thanks for the replies. I'll order the 3 in 1 as soon as i buy a DS Lite.

5. liris
    This message by liris has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Sep 21, 2014, Reason: spam.
    Sep 19, 2014
  6. Latrina
    This message by Latrina has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Sep 21, 2014, Reason: thats not even close to true.
    Sep 19, 2014
  7. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    That is a slot 1 cart so can only play GBA games via emulation in DS mode. A Supercard DSTwo would be the best choice if Alcarajo wished to emulate GBA via a slot-1 cart.
    The EZ-flash IV or 3-in-1 are much better options, as they are slot 2 carts that run the GBA games directly in GBA mode.

8. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    The "You can also play GBA games" requires the GBA expansion pack.

[​IMG]