OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA ExpLoader 0.5?
Toggle MultiSav, 128kb in eWin, more
ezf3in1818.jpg

Good news in this release; the mandatory MultiSav function in the last release is now toggleable (not a word, but it should be). An INI file has been added which stores configuration for this and the folder location for your save files. In addition, Famicom Mini games are now supported (EEPROM_124), as are 128KB saves with the eWin expansion. Download below.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

A nod to Sephiroth1n6 for the tip.

P

pasc

Yeha ! Looks like he was able to deciper my bablefished e-mail ! multisave turnoff works very easy:

just remove the # in the multisave line !

good day
wink.gif

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impressive! im very much enjoying these fast fast updates. i almost seems like the coders are coding this full time.

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Quick question.

I am happily using the old 3 in 1 tool with the original cart. Is it worth switching to use this one. I am not bothered about retaining my saves or anything, but I was under the impression that this tool had some problems intialy.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
halljames said:
Quick question.

I am happily using the old 3 in 1 tool with the original cart. Is it worth switching to use this one. I am not bothered about retaining my saves or anything, but I was under the impression that this tool had some problems intialy.
I am wondering the same thing, from what I read, this tool allows more save slots for a game, and it doesn't need SRAM patches, anything else? Also what exactly should I do if I am to retain my saves from 3 in 1? Thanks in advance.

P.S.: would have been better if this tool autopatches soft-reset and sleepmode as well.

stargoonman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kellicros said:
halljames said:
Quick question.

I am wondering the same thing, from what I read, this tool allows more save slots for a game, and it doesn't need SRAM patches, anything else? Also what exactly should I do if I am to retain my saves from 3 in 1? Thanks in advance.

P.S.: would have been better if this tool autopatches soft-reset and sleepmode as well.

1. Multi-Saves (You can load and save in 5 different slots, creating a save file in a extention of .sav1 .sav2 ...)
2. Auto-SRAM patches - meaning it supports clean rom.
3. Stable save manager - I figured out that some saves that old '3 in tool' cannot load save files from other devices.
4. You can designate whare to put save and GBA game folders now.
smile.gif

And I really hope to have auto soft-reset and sleepmode patch too.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rudolph said:
I'm sorry.
Making the load module had failed.

GBA ExpLoader 0.5 beta-1 was announced, and use that, please.
Thank you very much for the GBA homebrew loader applications.

Does anyone know what the purpose of the GBA_SIGN folder and the files inside of it is for? It seems to create a small file for each ROM when loaded the first time, and, presumably, updates it each time that the ROM is loaded again.

[EDIT] Just an FYI I'm using the original chipset EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. [/EDIT]
Anyways, just to mention you CAN (I have tested!) use the old 3in1 Tool app save files with the new GBA Exp Loader (tested to v0.4). The old save files WILL need to be RENAMED from the old .sav style to .sav . I have to date, tested it with multiple ROMs, including Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Pokemon Emerald, Zelda combo ROM(A Link to the Past and Four Swords), Zelda: Legend of the Minish Cap, Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls (I & II combo), etc. All of these HAVE worked fine, although on startup Pokemon Emerald complained something about the save ebing corrupted so it would use the prior one(?!). I'm not sure exactly what it did as it had been a while since I played it all, but it looked to have loaded the last save fine anyways, but this may have been because with the old app we had to run Pokemon from NOR FLASH. The rest of the ROMs loaded fine.

All GBA ROMs were replaced with "clean" unpatched versions. Well, some had intros which I hadn't removed or located a no-intro version for. I've been too lazy to dump my GBA ROMs as I own quite a few of them(c. 30) and so am making do with scene releases.

P

pasc

The gbasign folder saves sram patches for every gba game you played so it can read them from there instead of reanylizing the rom each time.

Rudolph: What do you mean by Making the load module had failed ? Do you refer to my last comment or do you mean a bug in GBA ExpLoader 0.5 Beta ?

Anyway. It works perfect for me except for some games that don't save (Kuru Kuru Kurin, Super Monkey Ball Jr.), maybe they use saves that gba_exploader does not support yet ?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What are you doing? All you have to do is specify the directories you want to use in the .ini file, and put it in the root of the memory card.

Here's mine, in case you need an example:
Code:
#
# GBA_ExpLoader.ini
#

SaveDirÂÂÂÂ/GBA/SAVE
SignDirÂÂÂÂ/GBA/SIGN
No_MultiSaveÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! No Multi Save
That has multiple saves turned off, and the SAVE and SIGN directories inside the /GBA dir.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
suppachipmunk said:
So you can use Clean GBA Roms instead of having to patch them with the EZ4 Client like the 3-in-1?
Yes. You should not use roms that have been SRAM patched, and you should especially not use roms that have been processed in any way by the EZ4 Client.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place