Gba erasing sdram on power up

Damien1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have agb 001 and bought repo zelda color games on gameboy advance flash carts.

problem is that when turning unit back on seem to erase sdram on the cart as the goomba file is reset and the was no save slots..

Now if I save ,turn unit off and put cart in my nintendo ds. It's shows the save files.

I thought maybe replacing caps on my gba would fix the issue but still the same.

I tried something else and it actually worked.

Turned on gba with retail cart of random game and held select and start to pause boot up.
Switch out cart to flash cart. Press button to resume boot. And game loads and shows the save.

If I power up the gba normally it erases the files...

Pic of cart. Has zelda oracle of seasons on it.
20220107_045633.jpg

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have agb 001 and bought repo zelda color games on gameboy advance flash carts.

problem is that when turning unit back on seem to erase sdram on the cart as the goomba file is reset and the was no save slots..

Now if I save ,turn unit off and put cart in my nintendo ds. It's shows the save files.

I thought maybe replacing caps on my gba would fix the issue but still the same.

I tried something else and it actually worked.

Turned on gba with retail cart of random game and held select and start to pause boot up.
Switch out cart to flash cart. Press button to resume boot. And game loads and shows the save.

If I power up the gba normally it erases the files...

Pic of cart. Has zelda oracle of seasons on it.
View attachment 292683
Oot/s was never a gba game so thats a bootleg using a gb/gbc emulator for gba mostlikly goomba

Damien1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already mentioned it was gbc game on advance flash cart. Therefor bootleg

And that my Gameboy advance is clearing out settings for goomba and save slots when turning on unit.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I would just buy a flash cart and use that, it’s not like this is legitimate anyway.

Given that it works on the DS, I wouldn’t be surprised if the repro maker never tested it on the GBA and either there’s a fault with the cart or the design (e.g. a voltage spike on boot)

You would need another GBA to verify if it’s the console or the cart.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I already mentioned it was gbc game on advance flash cart. Therefor bootleg

And that my Gameboy advance is clearing out settings for goomba and save slots when turning on unit.
If you reflash the cartridge with a Zelda Oracle game using @Lesserkuma 's Goomba Color build, it adds flash saving, and you won't even need the battery anymore. That's what I did for my 2 bootlegs.

I took it a step further and patched my Oracle games to have the Advance Shop open as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.