GBA Emu SPS Files

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Thanatos Telos, Mar 15, 2012.

Mar 15, 2012

GBA Emu SPS Files by Thanatos Telos at 2:42 AM (2,751 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Thanatos Telos
    OP

Member Thanatos Telos random stuff

United States
    Would it be possible to use .SPS files with the DSTWO? If so, how?

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    What are SPS files?

3. Thanatos Telos
    OP

Member Thanatos Telos random stuff

United States
    Gameshark snapshots, they're like save files made with a Gameshark, look at the save area of Gamefaqs on a GBA game and you'll find them.
    I want to use one with Pokemon Emerald that I got from my now lost original cartridge that I had when I was like 7.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Why not load up the SPS snapshot in VBA and export the standard *.sav battery file? Or can the SCDS:Two emulator not use .sav files?

5. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    It uses .sav files, and i can confirm personally that your suggestion appears to work perfectly. I used VBA on a computer to load a gameshark save and that created a sav file in my save folder. I wrote the .sav file onto the microSD i use for my DSTWO and booted the game up with the DSTWO GBA emulator. Loaded the save perfectly. Tested this with Final Fantasy VI Advance. Was about to suggest this myself lol! :P

6. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    with a little hex editing you can take the SPS file, open it with an hex editor, take off the header and use hexa32 tool on that to convert it to gameshark memory dump, write it down as a cheat code and write a joker for that cheat code and load it up as a cheat

also as I was ninja'd you can load it via another emulator and export it as a .sav file