GBA Emu SPS Files

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Thanatos Telos, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Thanatos Telos
    OP

Thanatos Telos random stuff

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Would it be possible to use .SPS files with the DSTWO? If so, how?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    What are SPS files?

3. Thanatos Telos
    OP

Thanatos Telos random stuff

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Gameshark snapshots, they're like save files made with a Gameshark, look at the save area of Gamefaqs on a GBA game and you'll find them.
    I want to use one with Pokemon Emerald that I got from my now lost original cartridge that I had when I was like 7.

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Why not load up the SPS snapshot in VBA and export the standard *.sav battery file? Or can the SCDS:Two emulator not use .sav files?

5. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    It uses .sav files, and i can confirm personally that your suggestion appears to work perfectly. I used VBA on a computer to load a gameshark save and that created a sav file in my save folder. I wrote the .sav file onto the microSD i use for my DSTWO and booted the game up with the DSTWO GBA emulator. Loaded the save perfectly. Tested this with Final Fantasy VI Advance. Was about to suggest this myself lol! :P

6. Chaosruler

Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2009
    Iceland
    Tekoa
    with a little hex editing you can take the SPS file, open it with an hex editor, take off the header and use hexa32 tool on that to convert it to gameshark memory dump, write it down as a cheat code and write a joker for that cheat code and load it up as a cheat

also as I was ninja'd you can load it via another emulator and export it as a .sav file