Hacking GBA .CHT files are causing my DS to freeze anytime I try to activate codes. Not sure why.

Hylianzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

May i ask you please,how did you use the GBA Cheats ?

Thank you.

.CHT files go in the CHEAT folder in the TempGBA folder. Then you can launch a game, tap the bottom screen, go to the cheat menu, and load the text file. It gives you a little menu with check boxes to turn stuff on. That's where my issues start.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.CHT files go in the CHEAT folder in the TempGBA folder. Then you can launch a game, tap the bottom screen, go to the cheat menu, and load the text file. It gives you a little menu with check boxes to turn stuff on. That's where my issues start.
If this is on 3DS then use mGBA dude

Hylianzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is on 3DS then use mGBA dude

I'm trying to get cheats to work on GBA roms running on my DSTwo. If I wanted to run them on my 3DS, I wouldn't be posting here. My goal is to get my DSTwo running how I want it so I can play DS and GBA on my DS Lite. Hence, finally seeking help.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to get cheats to work on GBA roms running on my DSTwo. If I wanted to run them on my 3DS, I wouldn't be posting here. My goal is to get my DSTwo running how I want it so I can play DS and GBA on my DS Lite. Hence, finally seeking help.

I've got a DSTwo, too. The gba emulator is a bit buggy (that plugin for DSTwo) but works for most games and is the fastest available since it uses the cpu inside DSTwo. Be sure to use cheats for the correct region and even then some won't work since most are made while playing gba nativly through a flashcard.

If a cheat doesn't work either look up another one or create one for yourself with help of a pc, an emulator like vba and its builtin memory editor. Most cheats have multiple approaches e.g. different pointer-to-pointer offsets, so a different approach could work with the dstwo emulator.

The reason why some cheats crash is because accuracy is traded for performance. If the emulator would be as accurate as a real console, you would only get 1fps even with a dstwo. So there is some hacking involved to speed things up and this can interfere with cheat codes.

Unfortunatly it is not possible to use the gba hardware (which is builtin in a NDS) through a ds flashcard. But you could buy a gba flashcard and use it to circumvent emulation.

Last edited by GothicIII,
Reactions: zxr750j

Hylianzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a DSTwo, too. The gba emulator is a bit buggy (that plugin for DSTwo) but works for most games and is the fastest available since it uses the cpu inside DSTwo. Be sure to use cheats for the correct region and even then some won't work since most are made while playing gba nativly through a flashcard.

If a cheat doesn't work either look up another one or create one for yourself with help of a pc, an emulator like vba and its builtin memory editor. Most cheats have multiple approaches e.g. different pointer-to-pointer offsets, so a different approach could work with the dstwo emulator.

The reason why some cheats crash is because accuracy is traded for performance. If the emulator would be as accurate as a real console, you would only get 1fps even with a dstwo. So there is some hacking involved to speed things up and this can interfere with cheat codes.

Unfortunatly it is not possible to use the gba hardware (which is builtin in a NDS) through a ds flashcard. But you could buy a gba flashcard and use it to circumvent emulation.

Trying to make my own .CHT file was my next step. I guess I'll go that route.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-