Hacking GBA and EZ flash IV lite

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
coranium said:
Hey people, im new here and have something to ask...
will the EZ flash IV lite compact ( as seen here http://www.neoconsolas.com/tienda/ezflash-...act-p-285.html) work with the GBA SP?
does it have to be modified to work or are they totally incompatible?
Thanks in advance !
No, it won't reach the system's connector pins. The accessory needs to be the same size as a normal GBA cart.

coranium

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Snailface said:
coranium said:
Hey people, im new here and have something to ask...
will the EZ flash IV lite compact ( as seen here http://www.neoconsolas.com/tienda/ezflash-...act-p-285.html) work with the GBA SP?
does it have to be modified to work or are they totally incompatible?
Thanks in advance !
No, it won't reach the system's connector pins. The accessory needs to be the same size as a normal GBA cart.

haha thank you!
hmm so i'll probably be getting the ezflash 3-in-1 then.
will i need any link cables/ software to make it work?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
The 3 in 1 needs to be flashed with a DS (Phat or Lite) and can only hold a few games at a time. It's a good cart, but only an expansion pack.

You're better off getting an EZ Flash IV GBA size, you can get em' still and you should before they are all gone.

coranium

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Schlupi said:
The 3 in 1 needs to be flashed with a DS (Phat or Lite) and can only hold a few games at a time. It's a good cart, but only an expansion pack.

You're better off getting an EZ Flash IV GBA size, you can get em' still and you should before they are all gone.

okay i see!
but can it work without a mini SD card? cos i've read this tutorial http://gbatemp.net/t291109-ez-flash-iv?&st=0 and it doesn't state how to use it without a memory card :X

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
The 3 in 1 does NOT use a memory card. it is an expansion pack; all it does is temporarily store a game to it using a section of memory called the PSRAM, and you can save ONE GAME to the other section of memory called the NOR (unless you own an EZ Flash V, then you can save a few games with an old firmware).

But yeah, the 3 in 1 is more of a way to just play games from a Slot 1 card; it's not the best solution to play in a GBA. I have one and I only use it to let friends play MOTHER 3 now, since I have a EZ Flash IV I never really use the 3 in 1 much.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The EZ-Flash IV can be used as generic 2in1 version of the 3in1 if you have a slot1 flashcart and gba exploader.

DSCN0139_c.jpg

It can in some cases wipe out the EZ-Flash IV loader in some manner not known yet. In which case you would have to be able to flash a new bin loader to the EZ-Flash IV to fix and erase the NOR contents if any.

There is an actual EZ-Flash IV 2in1 loader you can use. Limits you to the PSRAM and RAM mode only (slot1 app).

EZ-Flash IV 2in1 loader : http://filetrip.net/f25160-EZ-Flash-IV-2in1-Tool-0-2.html

@coranium
You can get a phat version of the EZ-Flash IV or 3in1, take your pick, from any of the HK sites that carry it.

RHS.hk : http://www.realhotstuff.hk/EZ-Flash-Team_bymfg_6-0-1.html
DScartshop : http://www.dscartshop.com/ez-flash_c1314

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i tried just yuzu so far, not even played, just open the game to see if it run
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: emo