Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
wow all these gays think they can attack the bible and Christians all they want but gay bashing gets censored
the bible is pretty clear on homosexuality

18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"

1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."
and when exactly were these passages added, i.e. which version of the bible? the ORIGINAL bible had no view on homosexuality as far as i had learned.

also, you have cited nothing but passages that condemn the act, i know when i'm incorrect, but you seem to do what every other bible thumper does and pick out the few sentences that side with your point

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advi said:
deathking said:
wow all these gays think they can attack the bible and Christians all they want but gay bashing gets censored

18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"

1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."
and when exactly were these passages added, i.e. which version of the bible? the ORIGINAL bible had no view on homosexuality as far as i had learned.
You are right, the original Bible(Pentateuch/Torah) has no views on homosexuality or human love whatsoever. These are added later, I believe after Jesus' death

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Magmorph said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Magmorph said:
I can use the same type of argument for a different book. Harry Potter mentions London. London can be proven to be a real place therefore the book must be true.
The major difference being that London was around before Harry Potter.
So you are saying the passages in the Bible were written before the places they were about existed?
Not all of them, but there are plenty of prophecies written in there, some of which still haven't happened, many have.

We're still veering off here; as I mentioned before, religion comes into these topics unwaveringly, though it's not the centre of discussion in this particular thread. It's better if we return more to that.
Many of the prophecies in the Bible are fulfilled within the Bible. Most prophecies can be so vague that something similar to what they describe is bound to happen eventually. The Bible is the biggest reason (in my opinion) that homosexuality is not accepted in today's society.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
em2241992 said:
Advi said:
deathking said:

You are right, the original Bible(Pentateuch/Torah) has no views on homosexuality or human love whatsoever. These are added later, I believe after Jesus' death

Books of the Torah

1. Genesis
2. Exodus
3. Leviticus
4. Numbers
5. Deuteronomy

leviticus contains a lot of stuff about homosexuality

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at the historical context it was very important for early religions to condemn homosexuality. These people lived on the margins of life and death, hunger and invasion. They needed their tribe as big and fierce as possible to survive. I can totally see why homosexuality intolerable for a tribe of dessert nomads.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
em2241992 said:
Advi said:
deathking said:

Books of the Torah

1. Genesis
2. Exodus
3. Leviticus
4. Numbers
5. Deuteronomy

I meant the new testament, not the old testament.
most of christianity's distinct scripture is in the new testament, which is what i was talking about in the first place
edited for my stupidity

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
he books of islam they also are anti homosexual but nearly no gays attack islam to the levels of attacks on Christianity
Go to Iran or Saudi Arabia, proclaim you're gay and see how long you keep your head.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't being gay acting on your natural instincts? Don't see it as any different to me fancying women.

Besides there is concrete proof that we evolved from apes , all the Bible has is a load of re-writes that only suits whoever is in charge of the church at the time.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Isn't being gay acting on your natural instincts? Don't see it as any different to me fancying women.

Besides there is concrete proof that we evolved from apes , all the Bible has is a load of re-writes that only suits whoever is in charge of the church at the time.
Idk man I think we're at least half evolved for space aliens. I think that alien dna accounts for gays.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Gaydrian said:
Or maybe us straight people have that alien DNA?

I think I might be part Vulcan
frown.gif

edit: oh wait, nevermind. those guys had emotions but just didn't show them.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Advi said:
The quote I used was in the original. As mentioned though, some translations are made in such a way as to fit the personal interests of the translator sometimes. That isn't the case with all of them.

Law said:
QUOTE(Gaydrian @ Nov 18 2010, 01:43 AM) Or maybe us straight people have that alien DNA?

I think I might be part Vulcan
frown.gif

edit: oh wait, nevermind. those guys had emotions but just didn't show them.
I'm a Time Lord, but I don't always show emotion either.

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
em2241992 said:
Advi said:
deathking said:

Books of the Torah

1. Genesis
2. Exodus
3. Leviticus
4. Numbers
5. Deuteronomy

Oh yeah, I forgot about Leviticus

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The bible is a tool used by god fanatics to justify their hate
the bible is man made to help weak people cope with fears and death
I find it funny that a mormon can have 10 wives and a gay person can't have one
take these xtians, and mormons, and catholics, etc out of the equation and you'll see a dramatic drop (a 90% drop) in gay bashing

these two images are pretty much has the same message

protestors.jpg
500px-Little_Rock_integration_protest.jpg

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
The bible is a tool used by god fanatics to justify their hate
the bible is man made to help weak people cope with fears and death
I find it funny that a mormon can have 10 wives and a gay person can't have one
take these xtians, and mormons, and catholics, etc out of the equation and you'll see a dramatic drop (a 90% drop) in gay bashing

these two images are pretty much the same

protestors.jpg
500px-Little_Rock_integration_protest.jpg
If you want to see intolerance look in the mirror. Liberals and progressives are bigoted toward religion and at times quite hateful. They treat religion in a way that would make them kick and scream if they received the same treatment. Btw you can always find a picture with ten kooks holding signs. If I posted a picture of some depraved gays and there are plenty of those you's tell me not to paint every one with the same brush. You are guilty of being an intolerant bigot that stereotypes groups of people.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
If you want to see intolerance look in the mirror. Liberals and progressives are bigoted toward religion and at times quite hateful. They treat religion in a way that would make them kick and scream if they received the same treatment. Btw you can always find a picture with ten kooks holding signs. If I posted a picture of some depraved gays and there are plenty of those you's tell me not to paint every one with the same brush. You are guilty of being an intolerant bigot that stereotypes groups of people.

I for one treat religion the way I treat rainbows and unicorns.
I call it how I see it and your post today on this thread is all the proof I need and is the perfect example

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...