Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That, my son, is called, Audio Programming.
Engineering = Programming.
As a Game Programmer, I know where I'm talking about.
You're a what where?

Audio Engineering is not the same as Audio Programming - the former is all about using software and hardware for recording and mixing sound as well as composing music and creating sound effects, the latter is the implementation of that recorded sound, encoding or synthesizing artificial sound using hardware.

kaylin martin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You're a what where?

Audio Engineering is not the same as Audio Programming - the former is all about using software and hardware for recording and mixing sound as well as composing music and creating sound effects, the latter is the implementation of that recorded sound, encoding or synthesizing artificial sound using hardware.

does it mater about the definition... really?

kaylin martin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's been a while. what do you think of my new kickstarter proposal:
please edit, amend and modify the proposal as you wish (i will be very greatfull)

My name's kaylin! I love gaming! I want to make an FPS game funded by Kickstarter!
The game will be made in udk.
I have gathered a small team for development using gamedev.net i believe this shows initiative.
i have created two low poly models for the game and various concepts.
What will the money be used for?:
it will be used for a lisence in UDK
Extra workforce
computer upgrades (as i am currently using a very low power netbook; acer aspire one d257)

the games name is fractal here is the storyline:
An alien ship crash lands on earth. The survivors of the ship claim to come in peace. They are of a simple kind named the rikiya but are slave driven by a stonger brutal race (krooga). But the Krooga allow the rikiya to leave the rocky desolate planet hagaben in order to find a new life. But what the rikiya did not know is that this act of kindness was actually an act of genocide. The Krooga sabotaged the Rikiya’s ship to ventilate a deadly virus just above earth. So the ship crash landed on earth spreading a deadly virus once the doors to the ship were opened.

25 years later earth is left as a wasteland the majority of people have left for another colony or have been killed trying to escape or in action. A war is raging between the krooga and humans.

The virus known as Fractillium causes skin and flesh to crack and frature with plasma filled cracks. Only the Rikiya and humans are subject to the virus.

The Krooga harvest the fractilliacts (victims of Fractillium) as an energy source.
There are Fractilliacts but then there are fractals, people born of the Fractillium virus, who are then immune to the effects but can harness the raw power that fractillium offers.

Commander Paul Rogan, is a fractal, but not a normal one by all means. He was subject to experimentations conducted by the Krooga to try and find an infinte energy source. But instead they created there worst nightmare. They created a human thats smaller than them, but faster, stronger and smarter than they are. To them he is known as subject x, to us he is known as a hero.

The Rikiya and humans do there best to try and evict the krooga from are planet. Commander Rogan has to gather a team to finish the war.

But he is not expected to survive this suicide mission.

Back us on kickstarter and be rewarded:

Submit £10 or more and you shall have access to exclusive betas and demos.

Submit £25 or more and you shall receive fractal via downloadable acess

Submit £50 or more and you will have access to a kickstarter exclusive edition with the ost and artwork included.

Subimt £1000 or more and you will be in the game.

submit £2500 and you can create your own mission for the game.
Submit £3000 and you can incorporate a charcter design into the game
submit £5000 and you can design your own short campaign with a character of your choice

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The thing about Kickstarter is that you need to have a substantial part of the project ready OR you need to be an established coder that can give a guarantee of finishing the project. When you receive the donation, you HAVE to deliver. If you spend the money, you HAVE to give it back if you don't deliever. You can get yourself in a world of trouble if you don't.

What portion of the project is ready for showcasing? I'm guessing you haven't moved past the script stage.

Reactions: nando

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Structure
I am the script writer and i design the story.
There is also Jordan who debugs the code if he sees a fault

Talent Needed

talent is needed in all areas:

Graphical Design
Games design
Games development
Development of Tolls and apps
Project Testers (not until a later date)
Script writing
Map Building
Level Editing
Enviromental art
Programming
Software Engineering
Audion Engineering
Animation Artists

Website
website is down but i have a attached a .zip file with the website inside. just run index.html and presto

Contact Method
[email protected]

Previous Work by Team
None.
except for a highly detailed story line, script and plan for a fantasy action game

Project Info
Team name
evolutionite

Project Name
fractal

Target Aim
retail

Compensation Plan
if the project succeeds i will offer 2.5% of profit from every game to each person

Technology
i am planning to use unreal engine/udk. So the platform will be pc, xbox 360.720 and ps3/4

Feedback
None

Description

I am planning to make a game named fractal. I planned to do a kickstarter and then hire people but that would not be possible for me due to age. so if anybody wishes to help it would be much appreciated and would not go unheard. once the game is made and hopefully commercially released each person shall have a profit from the cut.

How do you plan to pay the unreal engine licensing fee? Look it up it is very very very expensive.

kaylin martin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that will be done through the kickstarter until then i will be using the non-commercial version as i can still distribute betas and demos

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing about Kickstarter is that you need to have a substantial part of the project ready OR you need to be an established coder that can give a guarantee of finishing the project. When you receive the donation, you HAVE to deliver. If you spend the money, you HAVE to give it back if you don't deliever. You can get yourself in a world of trouble if you don't.

What portion of the project is ready for showcasing? I'm guessing you haven't moved past the script stage.

Apparently you havent seen his website, very very promising :bortz:

kaylin martin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
could anybody please make amendments to my kickstarter "promotion" if you wish to call it that. it will be very appreciated

Attachments

• kickstarter.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 260
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-