Hacking Gateway's site says I can update to 11.2?

nils_olav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I understanding this right? I thought Gateway's card only worked on 9.7x systems or something like that. Can I just upgrade to 11.2, and then follow the guide here? Their latest version is 3.7.2 though, so I hope nothing in there is dated or will cause me to brick...

http://scmods.com/gw_guide/GW-3-7-1.pdf

I was under the impression that because I have a 11.0 firmware 3DS, I would have to downgrade it, but I guess I don't? Or do I?

Last edited by nils_olav,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gateway-3ds.com/2610-latest-emunand-support/

Am I understanding this right? I thought Gateway's card only worked on 9.7x systems or something like that. Can I just upgrade to 11.2, and then follow the guide here? Their latest version is 3.7.2 though, so I hope nothing in there is dated or will cause me to brick...

http://scmods.com/gw_guide/GW-3-7-1.pdf

I was under the impression that because I have a 11.0 firmware 3DS, I would have to downgrade it, but I guess I don't? Or do I?
That means its support the EMUNAND on 11.2, not the SysNand 11.2, meaning, that if you got a gateway, you still need to be on the correct firmware.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They're talking about the emuNAND, not the base firmware for a to-be-hacked 3DS, which is on sysNAND.
Also, probably remove the links to Gateway's website.

edit got ninja'd so hard

nils_olav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Does anyone know when that new method to downgrade from DS version 11.0 that won't require another DS is coming out? I see notes on the site saying "COMING SOON"

Last edited by nils_olav,

nils_olav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I have an old 3DS thats version 7.X, and I just got a New 3DS thats version 11.0. Is it possible to downgrade my new 3DS to 9.7? That's what I need for my Gateway card. Would I need to manually upgrade my old 3DS to 9.7 with a Sysnand patch, and THEN follow the steps to copy that over to my New 3DS?

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I have an old 3DS thats version 7.X, and I just got a New 3DS thats version 11.0. Is it possible to downgrade my new 3DS to 9.7? That's what I need for my Gateway card. Would I need to manually upgrade my old 3DS to 9.7 with a Sysnand patch, and THEN follow the steps to copy that over to my New 3DS?
Follow this guide: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
Also, are you sure you don't want to downgrade to 9.2? I've never heard of somebody trying to downgrade to 9.7.

Last edited by Deboog,

nils_olav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deboog you are right, 9.2 is what I'm looking for. I scanned through that guide---at what part of that guide do I upgrade my old 3DS to 9.2? It seems like it just says how to copy another DS' sysnand over to a new one, I can't find the part where I upgrade my old 3DS from 7.x to 9.2.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deboog you are right, 9.2 is what I'm looking for. I scanned through that guide---at what part of that guide do I upgrade my old 3DS to 9.2? It seems like it just says how to copy another DS' sysnand over to a new one, I can't find the part where I upgrade my old 3DS from 7.x to 9.2.
Not sure, I've never downgrading in that way before. In any case, you can update (or downgrade) your o3DS to 9.2 afterwards.

nils_olav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, I've never downgrading in that way before. In any case, you can update (or downgrade) your o3DS to 9.2 afterwards.

What downgrade my o3DS to 9.2 after what, the entire guide? I basically need to upgrade it to 9.2, then copy 9.2 over to my New 3DS, I want to make sure I do that and not some other version, because the Gateway card ONLY works with 9.2 at the latest.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What downgrade my o3DS to 9.2 after what, the entire guide? I basically need to upgrade it to 9.2, then copy 9.2 over to my New 3DS, I want to make sure I do that and not some other version, because the Gateway card ONLY works with 9.2 at the latest.
From what it looks like you end up flashing a 10.4 firmware onto your N3DS. That firmware is exploitable, so from there you can easily downgrade the N3DS to 9.2.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Follow https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started from beginning to end in the 7.x 3DS, then do the same for the 11.x N3DS, and you'll notice you will require a second hacked console, which you will have because you followed the guide for the other one first.

nils_olav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this makes sense. So 10.4 can be downgraded to 9.2, but 11.0 can't. I will give this a shot this weekend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc