Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No doubt, because piracy is the number one use for any exploits, especially when companies can profit from it by operating out of East Asia and other locations where there are no real legal recourses. I just meant that hackers would be giving a gift to the pirate card companies by releasing their exploits and nobody has any real homebrew to use it.

I think they will wait to see if a real homebrew scene develops before releasing exploits, especially if it is something that works on the latest firmware.

I'd much rather people program CFW and have a hack that let's people open up the 3DS for free.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This generation of consoles will be much harder to hack, companies are now aware of the fact that properly implemented crypto really puts up a seriously hard to break wall. All they basically have to do is use proper crypto hardware and software and be very careful with buffer overflows and the like. Sad news for pirates, good news for everyone else.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No doubt, because piracy is the number one use for any exploits, especially when companies can profit from it by operating out of East Asia and other locations where there are no real legal recourses. I just meant that hackers would be giving a gift to the pirate card companies by releasing their exploits and nobody has any real homebrew to use it.

I think they will wait to see if a real homebrew scene develops before releasing exploits, especially if it is something that works on the latest firmware.
Honestly though, a free rom loader would instantly kill any flashcart, not do them a favor.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly though, a free rom loader would instantly kill any flashcart, not do them a favor.

If you could load the exploit off the SD card, like with a Save file overflow or something like that, then yes.

But if the exploit still requires DS or 3DS game files. . . .

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you could load the exploit off the SD card, like with a Save file overflow or something like that, then yes.

But if the exploit still requires DS or 3DS game files. . . .
Oh true, you still require a DS flashcart to install the currently used DS MSET hack, I forgot about that. Still, it would kill 3DS flashcarts like the Gateway and 3DS link.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Can you read assembly language for ARM9 architecture?

armjitce.jpg

292qp1i.png

Reactions: Ryccardo

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think as of now, Gateway or any other companies are partially hacked the DS mode and only fools the 3DS Firmware (before Emunand), now a little step forward by fooling the hardware. No one has successfully hacking the the 3DS hardware yet, there's a big difference between hacking and fooling.

Wait... What the crap? Dude, the hardware isn't "fooled", its taken control of when you get kernal access.

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to bet that they won't be doing any repairs as there are no legit bricks caused by using Gateway's official launcher. Seems that a lot of clone users are going to be out of $100. Hopefully with all this extra income, Gateway can hire somebody to help with updates, so we can get multirom support and other nice features quicker.

Exactly, I could have sworn they said their system does not brick your 3DS. Effectively saying that they will gladly charge you $100 to repair your bricked unit.

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly, I could have sworn they said their system does not brick your 3DS. Effectively saying that they will gladly charge you $100 to repair your bricked unit.

No, they won't repair your unit even if you pay $100. This is only the cost of returning the unit to you untouched.

Reactions: Huntereb

Maxkhoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Palau
For one I don't believe Gateway would malicously programmed a code to brick clone users because <V4.5 consoles is really limited.. it will substantially shrink their already small market share..not to mention the cloners will obviously bad mouthing them, and don't underestimate crowd rage..in short it is not a smart move at all even I myself know it..

Meantime,Nintendo finally won, beautifully.

Would their staff having tea break by just browsing these? pointing us and laugh..lol

Reactions: Kayday

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
No, they won't repair your unit even if you pay $100. This is only the cost of returning the unit to you untouched.

Aah, gotcha. Well, if they're right and the damage has nothing to do with their system, they're pretty much in the right I guess. It's more than postage, it's their time to diagnose someone else's fault. I guess it's down to whether you trust them to not hold you hostage after sending it if indeed you hadn't used anyone else's cartridge. I'd love to comment but don't know. They're basically just warning people to not send other people's issues to them to fix.

Kayday

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you read assembly language for ARM9 architecture?

Sorry I can't read assembly. Maybe I should've made my point a little clearer in my earlier post but are you and anybody else sure, 100% sure, that this is a "brick" code? Are you 100% sure that their intent was to brick the 3DS of cloners customer or legit Gateway users and not to prevent a brick from happening? All I know is that they coded the launcher and only they understand what that code does. You can do all the testing you want to prevent accidents but like the term "accident", they do occur.

P.S. I think(note 100% sure) that these bricks have to do with emunand for legit and non legit gateway users. Maybe they found something Nintendo implemented in newer firmwares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-