Hacking Gateway v2.0 Part 2: NAND Emulation

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the GW team say when 2.0 will approx. be released?
Porting our patches from 4.5 to 6.3 is time-consuming and tedious so please bare with us for a little while longer
When they announced their first update, it took about a week in order to release, so I'd expect it fairly soon.

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
I'm kinda dumb. What does this really mean.

Does this, by any chance, mean I will be able to use a Gateway on my 4.01 3DS, but also use the e-store? I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to play Phoenix Wright! :(

Ai Kyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
btw if we dump our 4.1-4.5 nand memory
and then we upgrade our 3ds to 6.3

can we downgrade it to 4.1-4.5 using our dump?

Ai Kyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
only if u like soldering

owh i see
no easy returning to 4.1-4.5

because even gateway release 2.0
i still hesitant to upgrade to 6.3

because maybe it's a trap from nintendo
when you upgrade and you thought that it's okay, nintendo locked your device (dunno brick it or make your device cannot read slot 1 and can only play games you download from eshop)

but thanks for answering

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
owh i see
no easy returning to 4.1-4.5

because even gateway release 2.0
i still hesitant to upgrade to 6.3

because maybe it's a trap from nintendo
when you upgrade and you thought that it's okay, nintendo locked your device (dunno brick it or make your device cannot read slot 1 and can only play games you download from eshop)

but thanks for answering

yes but gw 2.0 your always on 4.1-4.5 on your original system nand its a "fake nand" youll be running on 6'3

YOU SIMPLY NEVER UPDATE THE SYSTEM ITSELF!!!

Reactions: Ai Kyu

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the GATEWAY 3DS still ONLY let you copy 1 game per SD CARD?!?!

If so then I can not fathom why people are whining about compatible firmwares when...
THE FUCKING THING ONLY PLAYS 1 GAME AT A TIME! WHO THE HELL WOULD EVEN BUY THIS?!?!

You'd think they would be working on that above and beyond ANYTHING ELSE!

And to think it's 2.0 already and you still can only put 1 game on an SD card? Absolutely absurd.

If they fixed that I would own a Gateway AND a 3DS. But I own neither currently...
I don't buy systems that aren't fully hacked. And whatever happened to the WIIKEYU?
I'd have a WII-U if that shit was out! 8)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If so then I can not fathom why people are whining about compatible firmwares when...
THE FUCKING THING ONLY PLAYS 1 GAME AT A TIME! WHO THE HELL WOULD EVEN BUY THIS?!?!

And to think it's 2.0 already and you still can only put 1 game on an SD card? Absolutely absurd.

And I thought people called me self-entitled.

Reactions: emo kid 68 and NEP

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankfully I have a large stash of brand new and also used 8gb + in size microsd cards and I have adapters from kingston.

This is all due to the fact that counterfeit cards exist and it literally drove prices of legit cards down to the penny. I own maybe 2 or 3 counterfeit and all of my Kingston are 100% genuine.

It's strange though how with kingston...if you buy one with the laser seal on it, you automatically know it is counterfeit and when you buy one that has a fairly vanilla looking packaging it is legit. however I base my purchasing of those from US stores. Buying from overseas is a toss up and it is laughable when I order a flash cart from China and they offer options of buying a microsd along with it. It's like "here, you can buy a product to counterfeit Nintendo games and we'll also let you buy a counterfeit card that may or may not work properly with this device, although the device will work great (but not guaranteed)" :P

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Question, who even plays more than one game at the same exact time on the same exact console? I surely don't. And as of late, I only focus on one or two games per week if that many so it doesn't bother me.

Plus most of the games are so large that a lot of the people on this forum would fill their sd all the way up with one game so they wouldn't even be able to fit the next whole game onto the card.

I wouldn't worry about it. With as much progress as this team is making (I had HUGE doubts about them) it looks like this could happen in the future.

Reactions: Boy12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Unless I'm just that good? But I honestly can't believe that for an instant