Hacking Gateway Ultra 3.5 (cheat support!)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but its easier to play online with cia. (cias uses your deviceheader)
if you want to play online with .3ds roms you have to inject a header (recommened) and its more complicated

True, .cia have that advantage. But, it doesn't take long to attach a header and personal dumps will already have one. There's no getting around the absurd install times for larger .cia.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some cheese, the whine in this thread is strong.

Lots of entitled kids that think the world and Gateway owes them. Sorry, very little is easy in real life. few things works as intended/expected. You need to stop, seriously.

All the stupid ass DStwo question need to freak off since this isn't a thread about the DStwo, it's a thread about Gateways latest release. Make your own thread called DSTwo+ and Gateway 3.5 compatability or something like that.

Long threads suck, but what makes it worse is reading thru the dribble that some of you think are posts, either bad mouthing Gateway, or asking stupid freaking questions that had you bothered to read the thread, had been answered the 50 times some other idiot asked it.

I know some you are young and bored, but control yourself a bit, learn to read or skim before you ask questions or make stupid comments.

jflux98

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After updating to the 3.5 firmware, I'm having the "Fragmentation Error" come up whenever I choose a 3Ds rom within the Gateway menu. I've reformatted and even replaced with a new microSD and I still get this same error. Can anyone help? I've never had this problem until this update.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't bother waiting for Gateway to provide Gameboy Advance support, Retroarch already supports nearly the entire GBA library at 60fps.

RetroArch is great, but AGB rom injection allows to play games NATIVELY, you just can't compare that.

Okay I said above that I wasn't going to fanboy RxTools, but since you still seem undecided, I take it back xD.

Go RxTools. Gateway is not better. What Gateway can do that RxTools can't as far as I know is play .3ds/z roms (which can all be installed as .cia files anyway). I don't know why people say it's more stable because I never have an issue with my CFW and it boots every time. If it ever doesn't boot, you can just turn off your system and try again (same deal with Gateway). Do you like GBA games? Yeah you can use the homebrew launcher to get emulators that are good, but not perfect. With RxTools, you can play them right from your system using the virtual console. You can't do that with Gateway. In addition you can also play DSi, SNES, NES, and I think Gamegear? I forgot what the SEGA one you can download is.

How about this... Follow the video guide that I posted in the post you quoted (or use a written guide if inclined) and set up your CFW. If you don't like it for whatever reason and see that maybe Gateway has something better... Then go and buy that. But give CFW a shot first. They use the same emuNAND and saves so you can switch effortlessly between the two.

That aside, I think GW is still better for out of region DLC support though. that being said, not everybody uses that.

Unrelated, but still baffles me GW didn't add ThemeHAX GW/emunand (auto)booting, MSET or CN is kind of a pain, and I can't imagine what it's like for o3DS GW owner on 4.5+...browser booting seriously? (I'd downgrade in an heartbeat or go full cfw)

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if the question is already answered but cant we import cheat plugins from NTR and AR Codes with Spider for Gateway? Or are we unable to create own cheats for the Gateway cheat support?

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I paid up to $100 for both the cards with no MSD card. I honestly am with you but that's a lot of money to say " It's okay, take your time. " I am upset they won't test this stuff before release or at least tell us there is a protection set for fake card users. Also to say that they barely ever give their customers updates on if they are still there. They just say " Soon " and leave us to speculate on weather they ran away with our money or not.

Technically not your money anymore...

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i don't understand is what the fuck is up with all this off topic shit about rxtools being better than GW. Take that shit elsewhere. THE DAMN TOPIC IS ABOUT GW CHEAT SUPPORT. Shove it up your ass and sell the GW card recoupe what you lost if you hate it so much, lame ass hypocrisy when its also coming from owners of these cards and still own it and use it.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What i don't understand is what the fuck is up with all this off topic shit about rxtools being better than GW. Take that shit elsewhere. THE DAMN TOPIC IS ABOUT GW CHEAT SUPPORT. Shove it up your ass and sell the GW card recoupe what you lost if you hate it so much, lame ass hypocrisy when its also coming from owners of these cards and still own it and use it.

Dude, yo tits, calm them.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... I keep hearing this but I guess it never seemed like an issue for me. I can load up FBI or BigBlueBox or whatever, set it to download all .cia files, go to the bathroom or make dinner, come back to it being done and never have to worry about it again. I also assume that downloading eShop games would be muuuuch slower than .cia games. Plus that way it's all right there and I don't need a second SD card for the Gateway.
With the eShop you only have to download the games once. With cias you have to download the game first to your PC and then to your 3DS.

AdityaNese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the eShop you only have to download the games once. With cias you have to download the game first to your PC and then to your 3DS.
Actually, you just have to install it on your 3ds's sd card, not download. Plus, no internet for that part.

Plus free games. No payment.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So has anyone had issues with the rumored bricking that was potentially re-introduced because of the DSTWO+? Or was it confirmed that there was no bricking code present? I'm a tad reluctant to update because of what happened last time the Gateway team toyed around with bricking code...

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
So has anyone had issues with the rumored bricking that was potentially re-introduced because of the DSTWO+? Or was it confirmed that there was no bricking code present? I'm a tad reluctant to update because of what happened last time the Gateway team toyed around with bricking code...

i dont know about bricking code....

But Classic mode is fucked.

D

Deleted-19228

DSTWO+ isn't out yet I don't think....maybe they have found a way to block unofficial crap already.

Been out for a few weeks, and the DSTwo restock from a few months ago are actually DSTwo+

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should have a hard mod anyway. Flash memory has a habit of going bad. Might need to reflash it in the future :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

RetroArch is great, but AGB rom injection allows to play games NATIVELY, you just can't compare that.

That aside, I think GW is still better for out of region DLC support though. that being said, not everybody uses that.

Unrelated, but still baffles me GW didn't add ThemeHAX GW/emunand (auto)booting, MSET or CN is kind of a pain, and I can't imagine what it's like for o3DS GW owner on 4.5+...browser booting seriously? (I'd downgrade in an heartbeat or go full cfw)

>natively

is actually emulated.

loco365

Trophies
XP
You should have a hard mod anyway. Flash memory has a habit of going bad. Might need to reflash it in the future :P
Well, I have a NAND backup on my external hard drive, but if it does brick someday, I can just get the mod done then and restore it.
i dont know about bricking code....

But Classic mode is fucked.
I don't usually make use of Classic Mode, so I'm not too worried there.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have these issues been reported to the gateway 3ds team?
Also if you did update your gateway 3ds red card to 3.5 is it possible to downgrade it back to 3.4.1?

Last edited by cvskid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, Not interested. The fanbase totally ruined it.