Hacking Gateway read error?

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
half the time when i try to open up the multirom menu to get a new game (maybe even 2 thirds of the time), it says read error and nothing shows up, so i just close and reopen the menu a few times and then the games show up. sometimes the games show up on 1st or 2nd try, but when i click on the game i want it shows the loading bar, then closes and loads no games, making me need to reopen the menu. but when it loads all my rom's are there, and they seem to work. whats wrong? the diagnostic test says all is working. is it some problem with n3DS support yet to be fixed? Does my SD card have a problem and need to be reformatted? or does my gateway card just have problems?
Oh and, i don't have emuNAND yet, because i'm still waiting for the 32GB card to come in the mail, and am on 9.0, is it because i haven't updated yet, like with the Japanese 8.1 n3DS's?

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Micro SD card Issues here. Be sure it is formated correctly, not fragmented. Re move and reinsert the micro sd on the gateway and try again.

for removing the sd card, i do that sometimes, but the problem comes back. for fragments, its not fragmented. and for reformatting, i dont think i have formatted it in a while... so ill try that, but the roms arent corrupt are they? if i just pull them off, format the SD card, and put them back on it should work right? its not some cheap $5 SD card either. its a $15 or so 32GB class 4 SD card (yes i know thats slow now, but its not the newest card, and its fast enough, the games i play still have like no loading time, on my new3DS :))

Oh and what format is best, im guessing its fat32, because i think thats standard on SDHC cards, like this one, and i think i heard of people having problems with exFAT.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
for removing the sd card, i do that sometimes, but the problem comes back. for fragments, its not fragmented. and for reformatting, i dont think i have formatted it in a while... so ill try that, but the roms arent corrupt are they? if i just pull them off, format the SD card, and put them back on it should work right? its not some cheap $5 SD card either. its a $15 or so 32GB class 4 SD card (yes i know thats slow now, but its not the newest card, and its fast enough, the games i play still have like no loading time, on my new3DS :))

Yeah, reformat and put your roms in again.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, reformat and put your roms in again.

ok, i edited the above post, but i guess you didnt see it so:
Oh and what format is best, im guessing its fat32, because i think thats standard on SDHC cards, like this one, and i think i heard of people having problems with exFAT.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I see what is your problem.

Try to reflash the red card by pressing "R" trigger when you boot on Gateway menu.
This will fix this kind of issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs