Hacking Gateway Question! Please help! :)

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi there, I just dumped my own private online header, just want to ask some questions. I am on version 9.2:-

1. IS there any chance that Nintendo might do so that we have to update our console and then only we can access internet on 3ds? If so, what is the best option to do now to run Gateway?

2. I have played Pokemon and some other games without header, so, when I just put the header on that rom, I think the save file will get corrupted. So, what I can I do to retain my save? And, can I do the same method on all games?

3. Is there any way, after creating emunand to retain saves of legitimate (cias) ?

4. If I would have to downgrade, what do you think should I do first, create emunand and then downgrade or vice-versa?

5. Can Nintendo see that whether we are using DS Profile Exploit when on Sysnand 4.5?

6. After creating and unlinking the Sysnand and Emunand, does the friend code changes?

Thanks for anyone answering my questions. :) It would be really appreciated. :D

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I just dumped my own private online header, just want to ask some questions. I am on version 9.2:-

1. IS there any chance that Nintendo might do so that we have to update our console and then only we can access internet on 3ds? If so, what is the best option to do now to run Gateway?

2. I have played Pokemon and some other games without header, so, when I just put the header on that rom, I think the save file will get corrupted. So, what I can I do to retain my save? And, can I do the same method on all games?

3. Is there any way, after creating emunand to retain saves of legitimate (cias) ?

4. If I would have to downgrade, what do you think should I do first, create emunand and then downgrade or vice-versa?

5. Can Nintendo see that whether we are using DS Profile Exploit when on Sysnand 4.5?

6. After creating and unlinking the Sysnand and Emunand, does the friend code changes?

Thanks for anyone answering my questions. :) It would be really appreciated. :D
1: No one knows. But Pokemon and some other games now check to see if you're running the latest system software before letting you go online.

2: You would use SaveDataFiler to backup your .3ds saves and inject then into the .3DZ versions.

3: emuNAND is a complete copy of your sysNAND so any legitimate .cias you have will work on it, just backup your entire SD card before formatting.

4: Create emuNAND, then downgrade.

5: No.

6: Friend code stays the same on emuNAND.

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
1: No one knows.

2: You would use SaveDataFiler to backup your .3ds Pokemon saves and inject then into the .3DZ versions.

3: emuNAND is a complete copy of your sysNAND so any legitimate .cias you have will work on it, just backup your entire SD card before formatting.

4: Create emuNAND, then downgrade.

5: No.

6: Friend code stays the same on emuNAND.

Thank you really very much for your answers. Just some questions arise:-

1. Can I use Savedatafilter to backup 3dz save and then inject in into another 3dz game? And does this method works for all the games?
2. To backup SD Card, I just need to copy paste it somewhere safe right, and after creating emunand, how to restore backup, again just copy paste it on sd card? It will also help to retain my games?
3. So, it is safe to use DS Profile Exploit since Nintendo can't see it?
4. Can I downgrade limited edition consoles even which came out in v6.2?

Thanks once again for answering these questions. :)

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

1. Can I use Savedatafilter to backup 3dz save and then inject in into another 3dz game? And does this method works for all the games?
2. To backup SD Card, I just need to copy paste it somewhere safe right, and after creating emunand, how to restore backup, again just copy paste it on sd card? It will also help to retain my games?

1: Yes, just be sure to delete the secure data for the ROM before importing the other .3DZ save.

2: A simple copy/paste will restore your games and saves.

3: Yes.

4: Yes (But only OG 3DS and 3DS XL) be sure to make a sysNAND backup first.

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. For Card 1 saves you could rename the file on the SD card. For card 2 saves, I don't think it's possible without converting. Why would you want to do so?
2. Yes, but you won't be able to use any of that data in emunand unless you've either made that emunand directly from the sysnand the SD was used on (initial Format Emunand from GW menu) or done a system transfer.
3. Yes, but downgrading from 9.2 carries its own risks. Might want to give this a read.
4. Yes, the hardware is all the same. The shell is incidental.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1. For Card 1 saves you could rename the file on the SD card. For card 2 saves, I don't think it's possible without converting. Why would you want to do so?
2. Yes, but you won't be able to use any of that data in emunand unless you've either made that emunand directly from the sysnand the SD was used on (initial Format Emunand from GW menu) or done a system transfer.
3. Yes, but downgrading from 9.2 carries its own risks. Might want to give this a read.

I thought card-1 .3DZ saves are tied to the header? so just renaming them would case a mismatch with the ROM right?

The only issues that arise from downgrading is if the OP ever ran a 6.x+ encryption game on sysNAND and wants to continue using it on Gateway.

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
1: Yes, just be sure to delete the secure data for the ROM before importing the other .3DZ save.

2: A simple copy/paste will restore your games and saves.

3: Yes.

4: Yes (But only OG 3DS and 3DS XL) be sure to make a sysNAND backup first.

Um.. Can you tell me what is secure data of a rom, thanks. :)

So, to be able to use that data on emunand, what shall I do? Thanks.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Um.. Can you tell me what is secure data of a rom, thanks. :)

So, to be able to use that data on emunand, what shall I do? Thanks.

In SaveDataFiler when you highlight the "CTR Card" line you are presented with these options.

X: Revert to Factory Default
Y: export this user save data to SD card
R+Y: export this secure value to SD card
R+X: delete this secure value

To use your pre-existing cia games and saves you just need to back up your SD card to the computer, when you create an emuNAND Gateway has to wipe your SD and make a hidden partition with a copy of your sysNAND on it, which will work with your files you backed up after copying them back onto the card.

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
In SaveDataFiler when you highlight the "CTR Card" line you are presented with these options.

To use your pre-existing cia games and saves you just need to back up your SD card to the computer, when you create an emuNAND Gateway has to wipe your SD and make a hidden partition with a copy of your sysNAND on it, which will work with your files you backed up after copying them back onto the card.

OK. I haven't tried Savedatafilter yet, but, thanks. :) You were a great help. :)

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Some questions;-

1. After downgrading, when using DS profile Exploit, Do I need blue card every time to run the exploit? If I do not want to run the exploit via internet?
2. Can I use my saves of 6.x encryption on 4.x console?

Thanks for answering in advance. :D

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
you only waited 26 minutes before posting again asking for help?

Yep. :P But, can you answer these question for me? :) Thnx.

1. After downgrading, when using DS profile Exploit, Do I need blue card every time to run the exploit? If I do not want to run the exploit via internet?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yep. :P But, can you answer these question for me? :) Thnx.

no you do not need the blue card once the exploit is installed.
no

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
no you do not need the blue card once the exploit is installed.
no

Ok. Thanks. So, if I just downgrade my console, I would not be able to use the saves of 6.x encryption of eshop games on 4.x console neither the Gateway saves? But, Can I use them and the Gateway games saves by using savedatafilter?

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
"3ds downgrade 4.5" it's the first link.

I do know how to downgrade, my last question was this:- If I just downgrade my console, I would not be able to use the saves of 6.x encryption of eshop games on 4.x console neither the Gateway saves? But, Can I use them and the Gateway games saves by using savedatafilter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker