Hacking Gateway or Sky3DS

0Neji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I realise that this question has been asked a million times but I'm struggling to find bang up to date information so wanted to ask a couple of questions about these carts.

I've found out that the Gateway will only work with firmware 9.2 and the Sky3DS works with the latest. I don't currently have a 3DS so would need to do some hunting to get a certain firmware.

What I'm really looking for is a cart that will allow me to induldge in a spot of cheating. I know! The horror!

From what I read the Sky 3DS doesn't allow that. Is that still accyrate?

The Gateway does allow cheating but is there anything special I need apart from the 9.2 firmware?

Also, does the Gateway still have the 10 game limit?

Lastly, I have thought about getting an r4 instead to cheat on older games - what's the best card for doing this on a new 3DS?

Thanks!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gateway used to have a single game limit before multi-rom. Sky3DS still has a limit.

That and, when Gateway added multi-ROM, they just released a firmware update. When Sky changed their 10-game limit per cartridge to be 31 games per MicroSD, they released a whole new cartridge. And this was within a few weeks after the release. No one should support a team that pulls bullshit like that and gets away with it.
Hi,

I realise that this question has been asked a million times but I'm struggling to find bang up to date information so wanted to ask a couple of questions about these carts.

I've found out that the Gateway will only work with firmware 9.2 and the Sky3DS works with the latest. I don't currently have a 3DS so would need to do some hunting to get a certain firmware.

What I'm really looking for is a cart that will allow me to induldge in a spot of cheating. I know! The horror!

From what I read the Sky 3DS doesn't allow that. Is that still accyrate?

The Gateway does allow cheating but is there anything special I need apart from the 9.2 firmware?

Also, does the Gateway still have the 10 game limit?

Lastly, I have thought about getting an r4 instead to cheat on older games - what's the best card for doing this on a new 3DS?

Thanks!
All 2DS, o3DS and o3DS XL *should* be on compatible firmware. new3DS is unsafe.

Sky only plays 1:1 ROM dumps, that's it. No modded saves, no homebrew, no eShop dumps, no translation patches/mods, no hacks.

All you need is GW, 9.2 and a CIA of SaveDataFiler installed to decrypt and encrypt saves with.

I think you're confusing GW with Sky. Sky had a 10 game limit, GW was one game per MicroSD when it first came out but they changed that in a firmware update and you can have literally unlimited games on one card as long as your MicroSD is big enough.

I assume you mean DS games. You can use the blue card that comes with the GW, as long as you install the bluecardfix.cia from the GW update. It should run any game (some might need anti-piracy patches) and there is a cheats pack for DS that contains cheats for pretty much every game.

Reactions: 0Neji and Margen67

0Neji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the blue card work on any firmware? As I said, I don't mind not being able to play 3DS games for now but I'd at least like to play older games from the cart.

Also if I were to go down this route, is there a better card that works for the new 3ds or is the gateway blue card about as good as it gets?

Thanks for the help, the info you've given is excellent.

InfoFront

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The blue cart is for DS games. The red cart is for 3DS games. Both are usable with a firmware of 9.2 or below.
The Sky3DS is easier to use and works with any firmware. You basically just throw some roms on an SD card and you're good to go. It takes a while to scroll through them though.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does the blue card work on any firmware? As I said, I don't mind not being able to play 3DS games for now but I'd at least like to play older games from the cart.

Also if I were to go down this route, is there a better card that works for the new 3ds or is the gateway blue card about as good as it gets?

Thanks for the help, the info you've given is excellent.

As long as you install the bluecardfix.cia it will work on any firmware 9.2 or below. There are better carts, but DS games are no longer being produced so there isn't much difference when it comes to compatibility. R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) has RTS which I don't think the blue card has but that's about the only notable difference.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
GW!

It's cheaper and offers way way more features than Sky ever could!
It has emunand, it can install .cia files which are double as small as a rom meaning you will fit more games on a SD card, you can install "free" docs, themes, emulators, system apps, you can modify saves (cheat) and you won't get banned from online if you're using a cia files. The card itself also offers NAND dumps, gamecard dumps, a sweet downgrade feature the ability to play region free games on your console and so on! The only downside that plagues GW is that it only works up to 9.2.

Oh, Sky can play roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster