Gateway on 4.5 versus 9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lafleche, Aug 11, 2016.

1. lafleche
    OP

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    Hi,

I really try to find a definitive answer before I take the plunge in upgrading to 9.2.

I own a o3ds on 4.5 and I use a gateway(please no replies like..."you must use CFW!!") with the MSET exploit which is fine. I don't need another exploitable game, I don't need Wifi to launch some exploit.... just go to profile ... done (gateway boot succesrate for me is 99%).

When I upgrade to 9.2 : Is there still some way to launch Gateway without Wifi, browser or other exploitable game? or reinstall some mset exploit on 9.2?

2. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    there's menuhax, it needs wifi just to install (it can be used offline after that)

3. W4T4R1

W4T4R1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2014
    Italy
    On 9.2 you can install MenuHax and set it to launch directly Gateway Mode without even going into sysNAND

EDIT: ninja'd :ninja:

4. lafleche
    OP

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    menuhax..... thx.... i will read into that one then :-)

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    4.5+MSET is a perfectly fine way to launch Gateway emuNAND.

If you update to 9.2, you can use menuhax or A9LH to automatically launch Gateway emuNAND when you turn on your 3DS. You should follow this guide if you want to update to 9.2:
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Freeway-MSET
    • A9LH is the recommended way to launch Gateway emuNAND because of its speed and success rate, although it takes a lot longer to set up. You should follow this guide to setup A9LH. Do NOT use Gateway's method of installing A9LH. When you're done, you can use the same A9LH everyone uses to run CFW to launch Gateway emuNAND at boot.
    • Menuhax is perfectly fine, but it's slower and crashes from time to time. However, it's easier to set up.

Last edited by Lacius, Aug 11, 2016
  6. JCR1

JCR1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2011
    Mexico
    the only downside of memuhax is that your bootrate will drop to 90% because sometimes also fails