Hacking Gateway on 4.5 versus 9.2

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I really try to find a definitive answer before I take the plunge in upgrading to 9.2.

I own a o3ds on 4.5 and I use a gateway(please no replies like..."you must use CFW!!") with the MSET exploit which is fine. I don't need another exploitable game, I don't need Wifi to launch some exploit.... just go to profile ... done (gateway boot succesrate for me is 99%).

When I upgrade to 9.2 : Is there still some way to launch Gateway without Wifi, browser or other exploitable game? or reinstall some mset exploit on 9.2?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On 9.2 you can install MenuHax and set it to launch directly Gateway Mode without even going into sysNAND

EDIT: ninja'd :ninja:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.5+MSET is a perfectly fine way to launch Gateway emuNAND.

If you update to 9.2, you can use menuhax or A9LH to automatically launch Gateway emuNAND when you turn on your 3DS. You should follow this guide if you want to update to 9.2:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Freeway-MSET
  • A9LH is the recommended way to launch Gateway emuNAND because of its speed and success rate, although it takes a lot longer to set up. You should follow this guide to setup A9LH. Do NOT use Gateway's method of installing A9LH. When you're done, you can use the same A9LH everyone uses to run CFW to launch Gateway emuNAND at boot.
  • Menuhax is perfectly fine, but it's slower and crashes from time to time. However, it's easier to set up.

Last edited by Lacius,

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the only downside of memuhax is that your bootrate will drop to 90% because sometimes also fails

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok now for real