Hacking Gateway and Pkmn Sun Issue

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.3ds format. Both dumps with Decrypt9 and GW dump method freeze on game start. It froze first time when game tried to create SD data. Froze 2nd when I tried to delete the corrupted save...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I delete GW save it created for game? I remember that GW creates saves using title ID as file name... is that the same for pkmn sun and moon? Anyone with GW get game to work?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
.3ds format. Both dumps with Decrypt9 and GW dump method freeze on game start. It froze first time when game tried to create SD data. Froze 2nd when I tried to delete the corrupted save...

Oh I haven't tried .3ds format to be honest, because last year during alpha sapphire people said that the .3ds version used the same title id or whatever which was easier to detect online and could get you banned, which is why I installed cia. I only use .3ds for games that I don't use actively online like Ace Attorney.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
How do I change that? I used GW to dump from legit cart? Is that reason game froze when creating data on SD card?

Download a hex editing program (such as hxd for example) open your ROM file and go to address 0x1FE where that value will be '05' and change to 00.

That seemed to fix it, for me. Playing it right now via ROM.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download a hex editing program (such as hxd for example) open your ROM file and go to address 0x1FE where that value will be '05' and change to 00.

That seemed to fix it, for me. Playing it right now via ROM.

I have the program HxD or whatever it is called. Are you familiar with that program? Also, how do I find that address?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am lost as what to do... I have even tried export/import with savedatafiler, also deleted GW save that was created... Does anyone here have GW and were able to get Sun/Moon to work? Help GREATLY appreciated :)

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am lost as what to do... I have even tried export/import with savedatafiler, also deleted GW save that was created... Does anyone here have GW and were able to get Sun/Moon to work? Help GREATLY appreciated :)

I have also Luma and A9LH installed. I use my gateway for the 3ds games. I have downloaded the .3ds from a real game cartridge. The game launches with gateway but freeze has the creation of saves. I deleted the save and is the same thing again.. I guess the problem is the security : the new AP.

No one has managed to launch the game whether it be with gateway, sky3ds or others. The only thing is work is the .cia. Need to wait after a update from gateway i guess.

Do not waste your time more for the moment.

Last edited by Max128,

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have also Luma and A9LH installed. I use my gateway for the 3ds games. I have downloaded the .3ds from a real game cartridge. The game launches with gateway but freeze has the creation of saves. I deleted the save and is the same thing again.. I guess the problem is the security : the new AP.

No one has managed to launch the game whether it be with gateway, sky3ds or others. The only thing is work is the .cia. Need to wait after a update from gateway i guess.

Do not waste your time more for the moment.

I have both games from that iso site and both are working with Gateway 11.2U, A9LH Sys9.2. I only receive file is corrupted when renaming to .3dz.
Also i am not sure how i can help you @Skeet1983

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have both games from that iso site and both are working with Gateway 11.2U, A9LH Sys9.2. I only receive file is corrupted when renaming to .3dz.
Also i am not sure how i can help you @Skeet1983

I have the same config as you and it does not work. I took my games also on the site iso.

Sorry but I do not believe you, not because you but because it has some trolls that say it works on sky3ds and on gateway and in fact it's not true, and is said many tips to do .. and nothing work, difficult to believe after that. Is the same thing on the iso site.

Last edited by Max128,

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@Max128 That is ok, I have nothing to gain from lying to anyone and i dont have sky3ds.
but both games are working as both start almost with the same video call from some prof.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

rom patcher moon.jpg

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Max128 That is ok, I have nothing to gain from lying to anyone and i dont have sky3ds.
but both games are working as both start almost with the same video call from some prof.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

View attachment 69384

So.. you have used the card1to2 thing and the Gateway ROM Patcher on the .3ds and is working?

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
MD5.jpg
No, I did not use any card1to2 patch. i downloaded it and injected my private header.

size of file: 4.00 GB (4,294,967,296 bytes)

MD5: D68D84BFFBFE9A1AF00C54AFDC9D9206

Last edited by WiiHoney,

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I did not use any card1to2 patch. i downloaded it and injected my private header.

size of file: 4.00 GB (4,294,967,296 bytes)

MD5: D68D84BFFBFE9A1AF00C54AFDC9D9206

I will test i have already Gateway ROM Patcher but how do you get your private header?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1