Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There is no beta. Only "Close friends" Testing.

I got a collection of emails. Take what you want, but it took me some time to gather them all.
uploadfromtaptalk1420298716126-png.13630
181955nhihun1q1ttmuzqu.jpg
__2014-12-30T02-09-38.616Z.png
2KzZ1B1.png
OxBgWz0.jpg
1907363_1051649314861050_6193072701058898665_n.jpg
image-jpg.13603
1PDNbYg.png
f6842af8d6a624d20c286cdaddc75ddb.jpg
Gat.jpg
iTROSvRk704Ts.jpg
QQ622A56FE20141230095106_zpsec2a3515.png
cattura-png.13492
086-png.13840

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Is this GW beta apology thing real, or just a more or less funny joke

We'll hope to get the joke running till 1 april :)
then release the source code on 2 april so Nintendo can have a go with it and bring out a new flashcart based on another exploit (Gateway 2 obvious) that will support 9.2.0.20E not higher
So everybody has to buy this new cart and we earn again some money :) then start working again on FW 9.4 support (or higher) and keep that going till end 2015 or something like that ;)

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no beta. Only "Close friends" Testing.

Couple people got emails from Gateway saying that they will be provided a beta and apologize for the delay, and to reply to the email if they want to be included in the beta. Seen at least three of these emails on this thread so far.

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
This poll shows that there are more users with 9.2 then users with 4.5 https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-system-version-poll.377556/
True. But that poll is as good as everything you might show us. It's an indication yes, but it's a minority. A minority that's restricted to "active" posting GBATemp members. :)

If there isn't EmuNand in the next update
Sky will still a good choice , actually the
Only benefit that is in GW and not in sky is region-free
Which is not important for all users
Not.. Really.. A lot of people bought JPN N3DS'. Not only that, Sky3DS already underwent a Hardware Revision. And with the future looking brim for them in terms of Ninty updates, I don't think it's wise to take the plunge towards uncharted territory. Gateway has an 18+ month track record where they're still using the same card AND bypassed every hurdle so far. A better save system and cheats are extras at the moment. (And personally, I don't want any cheats, it'll most likely ruin online-gaming).
Yes, the problem is, the more time passes harder I find it to believe that there is a FW at all. Their behavior is EXACTLY how someone who doesnt have a "product" lies about it and makes up stories as if they do. I understand that reputable sources confirmed it, but reputable sources are sometimes wrong as well and are human just like the rest of us and can be deceived or could be in on it. I just dont see any reason for them to act the way they are acting!

I am hopeful, but my hope is dwidling. I am afraid that here we are, saying "They are working on it, and every minute its delayed they are making it better"; however they arent doing jack shit, and there was never a FW and never will be. I hope thats not true; but damn it, there is only 1 reason I can see them behaving like they are, that is if they are just a "front" for the hack. Someone else is actually developing it (and the original too) and GW just packages it up and markets/sends it out and provides support. And the reason I say that, its almost as if the person working on it keeps telling gateway "we're almost done" and Gateway relays to us "few days", etc.... call me crazy, but thats the ONLY reason I can think of they would act like that (unless ofcourse its all a charade and there is no FW).
Chill mate, chill. There's good reasons to think they wouldn't grab and run. All of us are a steady income of money. If their product keeps working, we'll likely spread through word of mouth and get more Gateways on the street. They gain nothing from a one time run-and-grab. It's way more profitable to keep it steady. Money matters in this business. So cool off. If we didn't have acess to their e-mails support sends us and we looked back at their post dates, we'd realize that honestly, from December 18th towards January 5th isn't such a stretch after all.
I don't know about that. Not too many people worried about installing WADs on their Wii once it was proven to be stable enough.
I would guess the same would happen on the 3DS.
True. Didn't even think of that. But I believe restoring a bricked Wii was easier than a bricked 3DS though. Not sure on this. We'll just have to make sure we use tested and certified .CIAs. That is, if we're EmuNAND'less.
I think the sales team is not really kept in the loop. The information they have is mostly based on probably outdated status reports. Their support just sucks because apparently there is no real communication between developers and sales/support staff, which is why we got shitty responses in the first place. That is my assumption.
Just like I mentioned in my post B-).
Wow, I remember when I thought people who were saying this thread will reach 1000 pages before Gateway were being ridiculous.
Looks like it's actually going to happen....
I strongly believe we'll reach page 1000 yes, but with the update in our hands. :) My belief accounts for nothing though ;)
We still got SonyUSAs estimate. 5 hours and about 20 minutes to go for that one. xd and please don't be mad if it won't come true, it's just an educated guess and as good as any.
Give it 6h for SonyUSA's next big post. :)
So Xenophy and 2Hacks countdowns are long passed and quietly taken down from their sigs, and nothing new from Gateway. Xenophy and 2Hack sources have in fact been proven to be sauces of the ketchup or mayonnaise variety.

That leaves just SonyUSA/Phantoms prediction of this evening left....after that we don't have much...hmmm has Gateway betrayed us?
;) I like my burguers with xtra sauce, please.

Reactions: memomo

villiamSSSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Couple people got emails from Gateway saying that they will be provided a beta and apologize for the delay, and to reply to the email if they want to be included in the beta. Seen at least three of these emails on this thread so far.

is that true?
i have seen one email so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol