Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I love how you failed not only your own post, but also a quote. I'm not even sure how you did, but you did.

And everyone need to calm the heck down, they're trying the best they can to release the update ASAP. NO ONE knows what's going on at Gateway HQ. But it's obviously something that they noticed and had to fix/set up before releasing the update. I'm still hype for this update, but I'm patient enough to understand that if something's going wrong, and they don't want to worry their customers, then they have to go and fix it.

That's probably why they keep saying "soon" and all that, they're obviously trying to push it as fast as possible, but give them some space, guys.

Reactions: Drenghel
D

Deleted User

Hey quick question, if I were to buy a used 4.5 3DS and sell my current 9.2, is there any way to log into my Nintendo ID without updating? Could I install emunand 9.4 and do a system transfer through there or would that not work?

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how you failed not only your own post, but also a quote. I'm not even sure how you did, but you did.

And everyone need to calm the heck down, they're trying the best they can to release the update ASAP. NO ONE knows what's going on at Gateway HQ. But it's obviously something that they noticed and had to fix/set up before releasing the update. I'm still hype for this update, but I'm patient enough to understand that if something's going wrong, and they don't want to worry their customers, then they have to go and fix it.

That's probably why they keep saying "soon" and all that, they're obviously trying to push it as fast as possible, but give them some space, guys.

No.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey quick question, if I were to buy a used 4.5 3DS and sell my current 9.2, is there any way to log into my Nintendo ID without updating? Could I install emunand 9.4 and do a system transfer through there or would that not work?
You can do a system transfer from 9.4 sysnand to 9.4 emunand.
NNID gets carried over while system transfer I believe

Reactions: Deleted User

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem isn't Gateway tbh....

Its all the impatient people who think gateway is obligated to release an update at all. They have gone so far just to make Gateway future proof as well as deliver updates for it. Have some patients, sip that Mountain Dew, and play a game.

So many kids whining...

D

Deleted User

You can do a system transfer from 9.4 sysnand to 9.4 emunand.
NNID gets carried over while system transfer I believe

And you're sure it won't kick me out of emunand and try to update? Don't exactly want to buy a used 3DS just to get stuck in the same situation.

FusionDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the email as well. On the plus side it means they may be working today. Or at least in a room together twiddling their thumbs and laughing at emails

Attachments

• PicsArt_1420412908313.jpg
    PicsArt_1420412908313.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1,030
Reactions: ShizzleMyDizzle

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem isn't Gateway tbh....

Its all the impatient people who think gateway is obligated to release an update at all. They have gone so far just to make Gateway future proof as well as deliver updates for it. Have some patients, sip that Mountain Dew, and play a game.

That would be fine and true if they released an exploit for free, but thats not the case. What you say applies to developers such as Smea. Gateway is a (shady) business, people are paying them for said product. Everybody in this thread who is about to have a stroke bought the bullshit of "soon" and "any day now." They made a vid mid november of the exploit running which more or less was them saying BUY OUR SHIT WE GOT IT FIGURED OUT. People bought their shit. They need to stop being vague and give their CUSTOMERS something concrete at this point.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The way they work judging by their replies seems:
  • They go to work at morning
  • Work on the update
  • Write an email to copy paste containing something new each day (A new word to shush us)
  • Send it to any emails begging for a time window
  • Rinse and repeat

Reactions: Stang and Shanester

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's really stupid is the whole "answering all these emails just delays the release" bullshit. They need to stop blaming us for their poor communication skills.
Haha. that is exactly what i had predicted...

Also, what do you want them to do?
Not responding or being too enthousiastic results in being accused of poor communication...
Answering all the hundreds or maybe thousands of mail the are getting results into people accusing them of liers...

There seems to be no win / win situation here, maybe GateWay just should bring out the updates silently on their website, like other 3DS flashcard makers, and be done with it...

Reactions: skforty and guykild

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why are people still stressing and wondering, they have the same access as before, so they will have the same features, that being said, of course any test versions would be specifically that, the exploit working on different firmwares and models of device, this way testers are alot fewer and the version is watered down

Reactions: Shanester

Shanester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha. that is exactly what i had predicted...

Also, what do you want them to do?
Not responding or being too enthousiastic results in being accused of poor communication...
Answering all the hundreds or maybe thousands of mail the are getting results into people accusing them of liers...

There seems to be no win / win situation here, maybe GateWay just should bring out the updates silently on their website, like other 3DS flashcard makers, and be done with it...

I have a feeling that in the beginning, they knew they weren't going to be able to release the update before 2015. A little honesty and clarity goes a long way.
If they truly had no idea when they were going to release it, they should have responded with "We have yet to determine a specific release date. We are expecting _______, but that date is subject to change. We have the main exploit ready to go, but we are ironing out the bugs, setting up servers, yada yada yada." If they had been straight with us from the beginning, the amount of pissed off people would be much lower.

Edit: Also, don't make promises you can't keep. They should have never said "it should be out by Sunday" if they couldn't make it.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt they are twiddling their thumbs and laughing at us. The faster they get their update out, the more money they make. If they release a buggy update just to please us then they would get much worse publicity than just waiting till it's polished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWyhs16NOs