Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are ppl bitching about there not being any Emunand in the upcoming update? Did Gateway announced this? No. Then it's not true.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just perused the tutorial thread and I find some things a bit odd. I'm not saying that it is fake mind (or real for that matter), just that these things bother me:

1. Why download something (beyond the QR and a file for your SD)? While I don't know this to be fact, I none the less think it would require a similar amount of code to just read the extra payload off the SD. Size is quite unlikely to be a factor for this choice. Of course it could have been to enforce that 48 hour window, but if not why?

2. The OP claims the install is permanent. This probably isn't a good thing if true.

a. Should you need to send your 3DS in for repair this is concrete proof you violated the EULA
b. Can I no longer use Mii Maker because there is a corrupted Mii that will try to load and start the exploit every time I enter Mii Maker?
c. Did GW find a way to sign CIA's and install their loader as system software some how? o.O
d. Or has SonyUSA just not power cycled or by some other method left GW mode since install?

3. No emuNAND... I really suspect that this is only because there was no reason to put it in the beta test version and it will be in the release, but if it is indeed missing from release this is a problem and frankly DevMenu menu support should have been removed until emuNAND is added.

4. GaryOpa's claim that this is ONE way to do it. This doesn't bother me so much as I find it VERY interesting.

Hmm... Must ponder some more... Need more info... And rum... Mostly more rum...

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daily reminder guys,that i am a crazy batshit tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist who doesn' t like to gloat :P :lol::P:lol:

didiwintheinternets.png

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So cia might not be the best option right now for us 2nd class 9.2ers. What is the best migration plan for us going forward? What do do with retail carts we already have? What is the best format to start playing the new roms on?

I beleive this is were we need to focus our attention.

If you are not using .cia, then you only have the choice of two formats for games.

.3ds and .3dz. 3dz has the header for online play, .3ds does not. Saves for .3dz are tied to the header the rom has, so can only be used with a rom with that header, saves from a .3ds can be used with any rom.

Retail carts, you can dump the saves, but unless it's a 512KB save (not many are), you can't use it with a rom.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need to think strategically about game saves here. I admit I still get a bit confused on what can be converted to what. retail cart, card 1, card 2, 3dz, mi6, 3ds, cia, mov, nsa, gba. It makes your head explode.

I was personally shooting for cia so I could share one GW between 2 consoles and not have my boys bitch me out becuase they lost months of progress when I switch things up on them.

So cia might not be the best option right now for us 2nd class 9.2ers. What is the best migration plan for us going forward? What do do with retail carts we already have? What is the best format to start playing the new roms on?

I beleive this is were we need to focus our attention.

There isn't a lot to worry about unless you have 4.5 unit or until The N changes encryption keys again. Card 2 games will store their saves in the .3DS file on the GW's SD, this will be a problem for sharing GW's unless you give them their own mSD's to use. Every other save will be on their 3DS's SD and will not be effected by sharing a GW betwen the units.

That help?

Reactions: Phantom_User

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, who really think that there will be EmuNAND in the release?

It does not matter who thinks it will have it, it is up to the GW team

With that said I would imagine it would be in there if not that is fine there are plently of offline games I want to play. Already bought most of the 3DS' big titles anyway so I can play them on my old 3Ds

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll say it again. He liked it because it was funny and ridiculous.

Don't see how it's that ridiculous a theory. Same thing happened with 4.5 and Gateway. Neimod has an exploit, doesn't release because of piracy, Gateway pops up.

Neimod against piracy, turns out to not to be so (dumps roms for scene group), smealum against piracy.... and well story is not finished yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!