Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm disappointed that people are getting angry and claiming that gateway has been dishonest. They never gave us a date and if they release within weeks of their announcement then that's still "soon". No-one forced any of you to buy gateways before the firmware is released, so just relax and stop making awful claims just because you're impatient.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
your fault for buying a product that doesnt have a release date
This.. Right here... Nobody cares what you bought for what reason. You knew it wasn't out. You knew there was no official release date. As has been stated before, you are at fault.. Not Gateway.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm disappointed that people are getting angry and claiming that gateway has been dishonest. They never gave us a date and if they release within weeks of their announcement then that's still "soon". No-one forced any of you to buy gateways before the firmware is released, so just relax and stop making awful claims just because you're impatient.
Well.....it's kinda hard to relax when the update's "any day now", and that being said, the wait is longer when you're expecting something to come.
-_-"

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well.....it's kinda hard to relax when the update's "any day now", and that being said, the wait is longer when you're expecting something to come.
-_-"

Just means you need to find something else to pass the time. You know it is coming. But you have no idea when. I've been working and spending time with my family...and playing some imported games. :P

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's just me but "before 2015" is a release date for me, a statement we've received.

It's a window of time, not an exact date. It IS subject to change. After all, they did mention they were PLANNING to have it out before 2015. Not set in stone. Also, we have a few days. So.... Yeah...

Reactions: mojaswag

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Amazing how many people still defend a company that clearly gives no damn about you.
The 9.2 support announcement came exactly 3 days after Sky3DS arrived. They realized they were about to lose money and figured out a way to stall. Now, Gateway wants money just as bad as Sky3DS, the only difference is Sky3DS has released something already, Gateway didn't.
Now how is Gateway better as a company? We aren't talking about the card now, but as a company?
You might argue that yeah, Gateway hasn't released a second card without a limit yet. But here's the deal: The Sky3DS card supported 9.2 firmware from the beginning, even if you got the first or second card you were good to go, no matter what firmware you had. But currently we got tons of Gateway cards lying around, which are absolutely useless with 9.2. You can't play even ONE game with it, as it is now.

mojaswag

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing how many people still defend a company that clearly gives no damn about you.
The 9.2 support announcement came exactly 3 days after Sky3DS arrived. They realized they were about to lose money and figured out a way to stall. Now, Gateway wants money just as bad as Sky3DS, the only difference is Sky3DS has released something already, Gateway didn't.
Now how is Gateway better as a company? We aren't talking about the card now, but as a company?
You might argue that yeah, Gateway hasn't released a second card without a limit yet. But here's the deal: The Sky3DS card supported 9.2 firmware from the beginning, even if you got the first or second card you were good to go, no matter what firmware you had. But currently we got tons of Gateway cards lying around, which are absolutely useless with 9.2. You can't play even ONE game with it, as it is now.

but soon there will be even more sky3ds laying around that you cant do anything with when it gets patched

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I love this argument. Answer me this. What will you say when the card is blocked?

Notice how I didn't use "if"?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so...they didnt say you could....people aren't saying "WOW THEY ARE AMAZING WITH FAST UPDATES".....they are simply saying they didnt promise you would be able to play anything the second you got your card..........if sky3ds was such a great alternative why do you think this thread has so many pages?....because when gateway do release its going to be much better than what sky3ds offer

PS, there would of been many more cry babies if they didn't announce the update and then like a month after the exploit was patched they just say "oh btw we hope you stayed on 9.2 as we have an exploit......but yeah we didnt announce we had something in the works as people might rush out and buy before its released and we wouldnt want that would we :rolleyes:"

Reactions: 2Hack

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe it's just me but "before 2015" is a release date for me, a statement we've received.

They never even said "Before 2015", they always said "most likely/probably before 2015", which isn't a definite answer.

It's not like gateway teased everyone and then ran away, during the time of their announcement everyone was bugging them whether or not they will support the new 3DS and how they will respond to sky3ds, and they got their answer, obviously after that a shitstorm began and everybody lost their minds.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They never even said "Before 2015", they always said "most likely/probably before 2015", which isn't a definite answer.

It's not like gateway teased everyone and then ran away, during the time of their announcement everyone was bugging them whether or not they will support the new 3DS and how they will respond to sky3ds, and they got their answer, obviously after that a shitstorm began and everybody lost their minds.

In my eyes, those ambigous statements are simple teasing and stalling to buy time, and that is, not respectable and toying with the emotions of your customers.

Stella0219

Trophies
XP
Country
Out of topic.

I got a 32g memory for the gateway and a 64g for the 3ds.
I'm getting a n3ds (jap) next month and just heard that the n3ds dosen't read more than a 32g memory card..
Is this true? If it is I'm gonna change the 64g for the gateway.. :(

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Out of topic.

I got a 32g memory for the gateway and a 64g for the 3ds.
I'm getting a n3ds (jap) next month and just heard that the n3ds dosen't read more than a 32g memory card..
Is this true? If it is I'm gonna change the 64g for the gateway.. :(
Format it to FAT32. You'll have to find a special app to do that though. Cuz Microsoft won't let you. Oo they work fine. Rocking one in mine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A