Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't want to completely out it as who knows who lurks these boards, but notice in the video where it went when you popped the Gateway in on the 9.2 N3DS......
lots of people assumed that unil they realised that the N3DS jumps 3 spaces if you hit the R button on the homescreen....that's most likely why it jumps to miimaker
How would Ninjhax be the entry point?
if its using a similar exploit to ssspwn is used they could of potentially also been blocked at the same time....PS cubic ninja is the entry point ssspwn is the main exploit, from what i have read nintendo have patched ssspwn from working, so if they where similar gateway could of been blocked too....even if they use a different entry point

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
lots of people assumed that unil they realised that the N3DS jumps 3 spaces if you hit the R button on the homescreen....that's most likely why it jumps to miimaker

if its using a similar exploit to ssspwn is used they could of potentially also been blocked at the same time
Highly doubt its similar due to the methodology employed. They're two diff. things.

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ninjhax/ssspwan -> running homebrew that modify something related to theme data stored in sd card (something like twilight hack) -> replace the theme with the one modified -> get into kernel

i'm assuming, but i could be wrong.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
ninjhax/ssspwan -> running homebrew that modify something related to theme data stored in sd card (something like twilight hack) -> replace the theme with the one modified -> get into kernel

i'm assuming, but i could be wrong.
That'd mean we'd need Cubic Ninja to even get into homebrew, no?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That'd mean we'd need Cubic Ninja to even get into homebrew, no?
ssspwn and the cubic ninja exploit are not 1 thing, its cubic ninja exploit + ssspwn = nijhax.....they could be doing something similar to ssspwn but with a little extra to get kernel access......and that could be done with a completely different entrypoint.....but the underlying main exploit could rely on the same bug which is now patched
yes but that gateway 9.2 video clip might have given nintendo enough clue to fix this exploit.
there was nothing really for nintendo to go off in that video, it was basically "we have kernel access and can do this".....no further info released

Reactions: omegart

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Not really .. They show nothing worthy on the video :/ ..

to the average person maybe not but to a console developer maybe it did. he probably watched it & said i know what they did here :teach: !!! anyway best is to wait & see what the gateway team has to says. (hopefully later today)

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
ssspwn and the cubic ninja exploit are not 1 thing.....they could be doing something similar to ssspwn but with a little extra to get kernel access......and that could be done with a completely different entrypoint.....but the underlying main exploit could rely on the same bug which is now patched

there was nothing really for nintendo to go off in that video, it was basically "we have kernel access and can do this".....no further info released
Hmmm.. Nah, I don't buy it. The entrypoint only gets you so far, otherwise Smea wouldn't have released it since he's all anti-piracy.

Not even sonething close or relayed to, I bet.

So naw, don't buy it. Almost sure GW will be fine. Almost.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

i don't know but did you see on their video clip how the console boots straight to the mii icon ? maybe the exploit is related to this ?!!?

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you hit the ZR button on N3ds it skips to the the 3rd application. The Mii app happened to be in that spot.
(not counting the warning application)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
im guessing if we hear nothin in the next day or 2 we can assume they are blocked.....im sure they would just announce its safe if it is, but would probably be slow to say "yeah its blocked"

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
im guessing if we hear nothin in the next day or 2 we can assume they are blocked.....im sure they would just announce its safe if it is, but would probably be slow to say "yeah its blocked"

do you mean they care more about sales than their customers ? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4