Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you seriously have any expectation that the countdown was remotely correct?

You have to ask that question because you believed one(or many) of the countdowns may have been real, but were ultimately disappointed - leading you to think 'oh, this one is definitely fake.'

But this is the only one I took notice of and felt had any sort of grounds.

If you want to belittle a logical thought process, you can go right ahead...

WelshOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm putting my Gateway into a drawer out of sight. I give up with timescales/countdown. I'll check the site a couple of times a day and when the update finally comes through I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait. If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing properly.

Reactions: evo25.1

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
garyopa sort of confirms again the update still coming tonight. :)

this is his latest post on his mc forum:

www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286166-Gateway-3DS-Team-Releases-Update-Status-About-9-2/page137

Yep, still everything is being pieced together, its not easy as the team is spread over four different major time zones and not everyone is awake at the same time, all the jigsaw pieces are almost in place. Release could happen any moment between now and the end of the week, with all effort being pushed towards the NOW side instead of the later.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. but what about the saves? the main reason as to why I want to be able to update retail carts is because I want the physical save saved in the cart.

Unless theres a way to put saves onto retail games? :O

I'm unsure if savedatafiler is capable of that or not, though I know you can extract the save from a retail cart, and then you could just rip your cart and use it on the gateway, keeping your retail cart nice and safe in the process :)

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
Yep, still everything is being pieced together, its not easy as the team is spread over four different major time zones and not everyone is awake at the same time, all the jigsaw pieces are almost in place. Release could happen any moment between now and the end of the week, with all effort being pushed towards the NOW side instead of the later.

Such news is always encouraging. :D

planetarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to ask that question because you believed one(or many) of the countdowns may have been real, but were ultimately disappointed - leading you to think 'oh, this one is definitely fake.'

But this is the only one I took notice of and felt had any sort of grounds.

If you want to belittle a logical thought process, you can go right ahead...

I ask that question because it was clear from the very beginning that ALL of the countdowns were based on vague and unreliable data that, even were they straight from the horse's mouth, would have almost certainly had no chance of actually being met. The very notion of people creating and actually betting on actual countdowns for such things is just amusingly nonsensical.

I've just been lurking here going "what are you doing?"

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm unsure if savedatafiler is capable of that or not, though I know you can extract the save from a retail cart, and then you could just rip your cart and use it on the gateway, keeping your retail cart nice and safe in the process :)

but what about the save? If i can rip the cart, get some progress then put the save in the cart that would be BAMF. but if not then I see no point in ripping the cart. I just hope that I can download updates for the retail carts I own via emuNAND or some kind of 'sploit

thansk anyways . :)

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As usual with Gateway there is no point getting hopes up based on any predicted release date from any source, no matter how good the information, things change.
I don’t doubt that the update will be soon(ish,) they always come through in the end and generally it’s worth the wait.

I don’t believe for a minute though that the delay has been for any reason other than to try and prevent the manufacturers of clone cards getting access to their new exploit and quite right too. Why shouldn’t they try and protect their work, I know I do.

What I don’t get reading through this thread is why people seem to think that Gateway in some way owes them anything other than what they have already provided. We all buy these cards for most of the same reasons, for me its mainly home-brew and if I ever get caught up with work, doing a bit of coding. For others, shall we say, access to region locked games (ahem, sure it is lol.) Not that I’m squeaky clean myself of course.

What I mean is, at the point of purchase with anything you are paying for an already existing set of features. It is rarely ever a good idea to purchase something in the hope that it might one day do what you want it to.

Gateway is at present selling something for which they have very clearly laid out what it is and isn’t capable of. Yes they tease new features, so do all manufacturers. But if theres one thing my 30-odd years of gaming has taught me it’s that what is promised does not always come to fruition, so buyer beware.

I’m not in any way trying to defend Gateway, as far as I’m concerned they are just a means to an end. When something better comes along, and it will, I’ll be the first one to jump ship. But the only genuine information regarding this much awaited update is whats available on Gateways website. From my point of view and from that information, what I get is that they have a working exploit and it’s coming soon. They haven’t officially made any promises as to when and in the world of shady devices, soon can mean anything, it’s always been that way even going way, way, back to ye olde consoles.

I know I’ll get ripped for this probably badly worded, pile of horse-crap that no-one wants to read (then why did you get this far :P). Was there a point to it? probably not. But I’ve just had my morphine, I started typing and that’s a bad combination :wacko: . I never know what’s going to spew forth when that happens. Likely why I’ve been coming here for the past 10 or so years without posting, it’s never worth anybody reading.

I’m not going to deny that this monumental thread has been a bit of an addiction for me though, it’s been crazy, sometimes funny and sometimes it has just left me dumbfounded. But I just can’t seem to stop myself from coming back for a read. Sorry for the long winded pile of drivel, once I start in this state I don't know when to sto

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If it helps, tell them to stick the manuals, guides, new artwork and logos. Give us a readme.txt done in notepad.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Going smoothly..
Within 48h..
Soon..
Any day now..

Fucking bollocks guys, bollocks. All of this shit.

Really, really pitiful such had to happen. Guess everyones not to be trusted at all..

I did say this and about GaryOPA who is not to be trusted.

Some think I just like say these things for fun or troll a thread, yet that is untrue. Of course I like to banter and throw the odd comment here and there to wind people up but there is truth in the matter too.

PLEYOR

Trophies
XP
Country
I understand very well, I'm not myself asking to wait a little longer. What I wanted to mean is if I were expecting it in a few hours, I would just wait instead of trying to convince the others to wait.

That's IF they deliver bro.

Reactions: baker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: